Marauders Who is the best Marauder?

AbigailP posted on May 08, 2009 at 01:24PM
I just love Padfoot! Although I like Moony as well,
he's nowhere as funny as Padfoot! I don't really know much about Prongs, and EVERYBODY hates Wormtail. What do you guys think?

Marauders 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago lilymaus343 said…
smirk
I don't hate Wormtail. I inpute very high he couldn't kill Harry. I do not like him much but I think if he was a friend of the others there was a reason for it. i can't imagine that he was a real bad. I think he dosn't see what will realy happen. he is a realy act of cowerdice to do it and to fly.

My personal fafourite is Prongs. i love him for being a macho and a daredevil. Of course padfoot was kind of the same but (maybe as my nickname forecast) I love Lily too. So it must have been Prongs!!!
over a year ago siriusharmony said…
mischievous
Padfoot is SOOO the best it's no contest.... but i love james 2nd nd remus 3rd...and i HATE HATE HATE wormtail!!!!!!!
over a year ago LifesGoodx3 said…
I hate Wormtail. I don't understand how he was a Gryffindor. Being a Gryffindor means you are brave and courageous, which he was not. If he was, he wouldn't have given James & Lily to Voldemort.

Which brings me to my favorite Marauder, Padfoot. He would have died before giving away James & Lily. Some say he's reckless, but I just think he's brave. He's not afraid, which could work against him at times, but is a good quality to a person. He's also loving and caring. He loves Harry like he's his own kid, even if he only really knew him for two years. He would do anything to protect him, he even risked being caught and being put back in Azkaban.

I also love Moony, but not as much s Padfoot. There's just something about Padfoot... And Prongs, I love him too. However, there's no way he could be my favorite because we don't know much about him.
over a year ago StichxAngel4eva said…
ya padfoot & moony r my favs
over a year ago LoveFredW said…
heart
Prongs and Padfoot my ultimate faves with Moony in a close second. Don't like the traitor. The reason I like Prongs and Padfoot best is because they're such daredevils, and are super funny and super sexy
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Ultimately57 said…
Prongs and Padfoot are close, but I think Prongs would win. Third is Moony, and I extremely dislike Wormtail, but I don't hate him. He was a coward and betrayed his friends, but it doesn't mean he wasn't loyal to his friends in the beginning.
over a year ago Stellawinx4eva said…
heart
I LUV Padfoot and Prongs! They both are so sexy and funny and can be Joksters like me and my friends.I defintaly hate Wormtails cause he traded on them and made them get killed..I was crying when they got killed.I also love Moony because hes so kind and cute.I'M IN LUV WITH ALL THREE
heart
I know I already wrote down why, but I want to again...

Marauders, in order of awesomeness

1) Sirius Black
-He fights for what he believes in
-He was strong enough to pull away from his family, of blood-purity lovin' Blacks
-After TWELVES YEARS in Azkaban, he still came out determined to defeat Voldemort!
-He was not afraid to fight, if he could help out somewhere in a fight against DEs, he was there!
-He would do anything for those he loved; He risked the Dementors Curse when he moved closer Hogwarts to keep an eye on Harry in GoF.
-He also risked, and in turn gave, his life in OOTP when he heard Harry was in danger at the Department of Mysteries.
-He truly did care about Harry, when he only knew him for 2 years
-He WAS NOT the teen he was who bullied Snape anymore
-He stayed loyal to the Order!

2) Remus
-He's the logical one
-He was a fighter, through and through
-He was a werewolf, but he didn't turn to the dark side!
-He had to live with being a werewolf since he was a small kid
- He was such a good person, when other werewolves (Greyback) were truly monsters
-He had Dumbledores trust
-He, like Sirius, fought every time he could

3) James
-We don't know much about him, but we KNOW he gave his life for his son, Harry!
-He was young, but he escaped Voldemort 3 times
-He loved Lily so much, that he changed for her
-If he had lived longer, I don't think he would try to pick a fight with Snape anymore
-He was only doing that to impress Lily

4) Peter
-What comes to mind, when I think of him? Traitor.
-Coward
-He was their friend! So obviously, he's not a very good friend.
-His actions took his own life... Literally
-He did NOT stay loyal to the Order.

Now, look at the last reason for each. The first three have something in common, that the 4th will never. They're loyal.
I'm going to make that an article...
over a year ago vega19 said…
Hello! Moony is deffinently the best marauder. He was a true gryffindor. He was brave to fight for what he believed in. He was daring while he was at Hogwarts, and he had nerve to stand up for his beliefs, he ignored James and Sirius when they attacked Snape, and he did not chose the easy way by going with the rest of the werewolves and stuck up for what he believed in.

He was the only one that did not have a grudge against Snape. Lupin knew that Snape's dislike for James and Sirius was greatly provoked and realized that good and bad are not as different as they might seem. Lupin understood that Snape was human just like him and what ever his feelings were towards him, Lupin was not going to exchange them. Remus Lupin was a true Gryffindor.

He also was the most cool marauder. He could keep calm and reason with people. He was the ice breaker in arguments, and would treat each side equaly. He always spoke in a mild manner, and would never raise his voice or visibly pick a side in an argument where both sides were at fault. I say that because he knew what it felt like to be the kid that got picked on, that misfit weird kid, he was a kindred spirit and helped Harry.

It never talks about Lupin's past, but I'm sure that he's hiding somthing from us. I don't remember where, but I'm sure that JK Rowling said somewhere that he was in love with Lily too. This is actualy very remarkable, because he was cool to let his best friend have her, marry her, die with her. Remus would never get jealous of somthing as trivial as that.

I could go on for ages about why I love Remus Lupin, but that would get a bit boring to read so now I will say why the other three aren't my favorite. From closest to top, to bottom.

Padfoot. You can't deny it. This is a true Gryffindor. He ignored his family's pureblood mania, he stuck up for his friends when they were in trouble. He was always true to his word and would rather die than betray his friends. He, in the long run, did die to protect Harry. But he was a daredevil to a fault. And a chronic bighead. He thought that because he was brave, he was better than other people and was quite cruel to the people on the other side. While Remus Lupin was the nurse on the battlefield taking care of patients from both sides, knowing that however wrong they were, they were still people, Sirius was the frontline men, ready to blast the canon at anybody that contradicted him. He also held a rediculous grudge against snape. For he was in a slytherin family too and had no reason other than the fact that he was a slytherin to pick on him too.

Prongs. Prongs was a jerk. He was in the long run, a nice jerk, but a jerk none the less. He bullied Snape for sport. He (assuming snape was telling the truth) strutted around the school like a peakock. His head was so big that it was a mirical that it fit on his shoulders. He hexed anybody that got in his way, loved to be the center of attention, stressed his quidditch skill to tearing point, and thought that he was the greatest person ever. We must give it to him, however that he mellowed a bit by his 7th year and his head had deflated reasonably by the time he graduated. He was smart enough to become an auror, and defeated voldemort 3 times. He knew what the right thing was, and he had 7 years of practicing hexes to get them right on the Death Eaters. He was friends with Lupin and Sirius even though they were definently, if you looked at their backround, unlikable people. Sirius came from a pureblooded mania slytherin family , and Lupin was a werewolf. He let people have a chance. But he didn't give snape a chance, and we must hold that against him.

Wormtail. He was a little butface even before he was evil. I don't think he was ever really considered a marauder when he was at Hogwarts, he was just an especialy devoted Colin Creevey to them. He tagged along everywhere, and they eventualy decided that it would be pointless to keep shrugging him off for longer. He wouldn't even be included, if it wasn't for James I think. He was kinda obsessed with James's ability on the broomstick and James didn't exactly discourage his obbsession. He was a downright moron when it came to betraying the order. He was a coward, and realized if he sided with the bad team, than the opposite side wouldn't dare try to harm him. He betrayed the people that had been friends with him for 11 years just so he wouldn't die. What did that get him, being a rat for 12 years for no break! Well he lost in the end. Voldemort didn't like traitors, he knew that if he would betray the order he would betray him. He died for his maldoings in the end, but left a terrible price behind him. He had killed his two best friends, and when he died, Remus was the last one left. And Remus died just a couple months later. I don't know how he got sorted into Gryffindor, but whatever it was, the sorting hat was wrong. Wormtail was the opposite of all the qualities. He was a coward, he picked the winning team all the time. He was a sideliner, and he would kill his friends to save his own life. He discusts me.

None of the marauders ever made it to their 39th birthday, Remus being the last to survive, dying at 38. And this was all because of Wormtails treachury. Remus was my favorite, because he stuck through it all, kept a cool head, and always took the right way, not the easy way. He was the most real father figure Harry had, and he caused the most mourning hearts, and internal damage done when he died.

Now I am done with this rediculously long post and I am glad you have stuck with it until the end. But i have a point to make clear. Remus Lupin was my favorite marauder, and he should be yours too.
*gasps* link
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
Oh it's Sirius Black there's no question about that. He's my favorite for reasons people have already said.
over a year ago padfoot14 said…
heart
Proooongs!!! I just loove him<3
over a year ago ObiWan_Lover said…
Sirius Black! Hands down is the best Marauder, Moony would be a close second. It would have been difficult for him to pull away from his own family, even if they were pureblood maniacs, and he is just pure awesome for me to explain further. Padfoot risked his own freedom just to keep Harry safe.
I just love Padfoot for all the other reasons that have already been pointed out :)
Padfoot had also managed to stay sane while in Azkaban.
last edited over a year ago