Lost In Austen Worst Darcy EVER!

Orinoco posted on Oct 01, 2008 at 04:08PM
Was it just me or was this Mr darcy the worst Mr Darcy you have ever seen, he cried all the time and was mushy, Darcy doesn't CRY!

Lost In Austen 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Ellives said…
No way! He wz well FIT! LOL!

He wuz crying but that dont make u not fit. It makes u a bit gay, but still fit. Like a fit gay!

LOL!
over a year ago Orinoco said…
He was a bit okay but i think he played the character all wrong! They could have found some one so much better then him to play Darcy.

And LOL About the fit gay!
over a year ago DrowningMyFear said…
I thought he was quite a good Darcy though no one can compare to the excellant Colin Firth.
Yeah Colin Firth was the ultimate Darcy
over a year ago ceo07 said…
I thought that he was on ok darcy they got the look right
over a year ago Yorokobi said…
I would have to dissagree on the whole, I think he played a mervelous Darcy. Yes of course no one can compare to Colin Firth but I believe that was not what was attempted here. As the story was changed the characters too had to be different in some ways and I enjoyed his performance very much, made me crave a Mr Darcy in my life all that much more.......if only!
over a year ago Kelltia said…
heart
Elliot Cowan rocked as Darcy!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ladywharton said…
I liked him.
over a year ago shelterproof said…
He was perfect - gorgeous, brooding but (as Austen intended) teaches Elizabeth (or in this case Amanada) how not to judge a book by its cover. And Colin Firth is too pudgy and lacking in personality to be Darcy. There's to be a movie made of this but without Elliot Cowan and Jemima Rooper, it won't be the same. We need a sequel to LIA!
I don't even this series should have been made never mind a sequel or a movie!
over a year ago Unaboomer said…
heart
Cowan is BEST Darcy ; I have seen parts of the Firth version -too tame, nothing smoldering. Gotta have brooding smolder. Firth, i love his acting; he lacks sex appeal. Doesn't "float my boat" - AT ALL. Cowan on the other hand, causes my boat to plane out quite nicely. Hehehe. And Macfadyen seemed sexier than Firth also. This is my second comment on the subject cuz i REALLY prefer Cowan to all the others -and i agree with shelterproof who says there IS no story w/o those two specific actors. Cowan is gorgeous, Jemima so engaging; I ALSO WANT A SEQUEL! YEAH! with those actors....Thanks :)
over a year ago ellie858 said…
Cowan is in my opinion the best Darcy as well, and yes better than Firth even. Much sexier, also I liked that he is younger (Firth I find a bit older to play Darcy who is supposed to be what, early 30's or late 20's). Loved his pointed look, when looking at Amanda, fine posture, the way he carries himself, proud but sentimental and soft speaking..really really loved him! He and Amanda worked great as a couple too, their chemistry and dialogue was beautiful.