Lord of the Rings LOTR Official Games (Playstation 2) - Discussion

bendaimmortal posted on Jul 02, 2010 at 01:16PM
Anyone here played these? I love these games. Though I've not even tried the Return of the King one, because I gave up on The Two Towers one. After I got stuck at one specific point and I totally shamed poor Argo with my "fighting skills". ) So I only own and like the best, The Fellowship of thr Ring.

I'm not even sure if the TTT game I played, was the sequel to this FotR game I have, because... in that TTT one, the characters looked like the actors from the films - if I remember correctly, but in this FotR, they don't, and this is clearly a book based game. Which is probably why I'm so in love with this game.

Back when this came out, I think I got almost to the end, as we were on the Great River and the Na<zgul took Sam (whaaat?!) and I just couldn't find him. And what the heck do they think a little hobbit is supposed to do against a Black Rider, riding that thing, anyway?! And more importantly; it didn't happen in the book, so WHY did they have to do that? >:| It really annoyed me back then. Mostly because I couldn't solve it. I sold the game away. Now I've bought it back.

This time, I didn't get the healing herbs to the old man in Hobbiton before I left there. Because I forgot that when I fetch the Ring from Bag End, the night falls immediately and as the Black Rider was harrassing me, I didn't wish to look for the old man anymore. I hope it wasn't somehow, weirdly crucial to get the herbs to the dude. =D I got bored with the forest, spiders and wolves... Those levels last so long and are really confusing in finding the way. Though I have a spider phobia, and those pixel spiders manage to draw a hell of a lot of pixel blood, and my phobia is strong enough to make that unpleasent.

But it's good to have immotal friends with super powers. I mean, Merry, Pippin and Sam get their blood spilled time and time again, but they don't even weaken, not to mention die! Lol. And they're getting really good at beating up those wolves. I prefered looking for mushrooms while they did, because wolves are my favorite animals.

But at Bree, killing the was fun, because Aragorn's long sward is a cool weapon and thrilling to use.

It's funny though, in such misty and dangerous lands as Barrow-Downs and everything before it, they hang many meters AWAY from me. If I was hanging in such lands with bunch of friends I'd stay very close by. But there was a positive side too, though. When the wolves came, they ran right past me, toward the bigger form in the mist, and then my immortal superfriends killed it. ;)

Anyway... Anyone else know/have played/play these games? Wanna share experiences and opinions?
last edited on Jul 02, 2010 at 01:23PM

Lord of the Rings No replies