Little Dorrit Favorite Quotes

Elizabeth_Darcy posted on Oct 19, 2010 at 01:27AM
I thought it might be fun to have a forum post where you can tell us what your favorite quotes from the show are. :)

What is your favorite quote from Little Dorrit? What are your favorite quotes? From what episode are they from? Why do you like that specific quote? Feel free to add any other information you want!

I thought it might be fun to have a forum post where you can tell us what your favorite quotes from t
last edited on Oct 19, 2010 at 01:27AM

Little Dorrit 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Elizabeth_Darcy said…
heart
One of my favorite quotes is from Arthur:

''How stupid you must think me not to have seen that it was you that I loved all along.''

I love it when he says this! :)

I have many more favorite quotes, though. I will post more later! :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hindaa said…
This one really touches my heart,I know it's not romantic but I just love this scene very much for a reason I don't understand :/

Mr.Dorrit: " What does it matter whether I eat or starve? what does it matter whether such a life as mine would come to an end now? next week? next year? what am I worth to anyone?"
:'( heart breaking, I'll post my other favorite quotes later too :)
crying
^ That quote is heartbreaking! :(
crying
Another great quote, in my opinion, is from John (in episode fourteen) :

''I may not be a gentleman, but I am a man.''

I thought this scene was so sad.... I hate seeing John sad!
heart
I found another quote! This one is said by Arthur, and can be found in episode fourteen :

''What a fool I have been all this time never realising that it was you! It was always you!''

It goes with the first quote that I posted.

Love this quote! :)
crying
lol :D I can guess that this scene is ur favorite :)

here's my second favorite quote :
John: "here lies the remains of John Chivery , never anything worth mentioning , who died of a broken heart, requested with his last breathe, that the word.... (Amy)..... being scribed over his ashes, which was accordingly directed to be done by his afflicted father"

:'''( so sad, poor John, I wish he had a happy ending like the other characters :(
crying
^ Such a sad quote! :( I also wish that he would have gotten his happy ending!
heart
Another quote, said by Arthur, from episode fourteen:

''I have thought about you, every day, every hour, every minute, that I have been in here.''

:)
heart
OMG I adore this one <3
crying
This is one of my favorite scenes , I cried when I watched it for the first time (though I don't cry much for movies and series)

Arthur: "It is because I care for you that I send you away, Had I realized how I loved you all that time not as the poor child I used to call you but as a woman, Had I suspected that you might love me I couldn't let myself think it, I am a man twice your age, that is a more impossible now, How could I take your money ?"
crying
^ That scene is so sad!

I love that quote!

♥ Arthur ♥ :)
wink
Is it me, or are almost all of the quotes from episode fourteen?

I guess that's the favourite episode for our favourite quotes! :)
heart
yes I agree, maybe because we finally got what we wanted (which is Amy and Arthur getting together ) and the quotes r so romantic and sad at the same time, my favorite part is this one:

Amy: In fact I have nothing, father placed his money with Merdle like everybody else, so now will you share my fortune with me?

Arthur: Oh my dear love, gladly! ♥♥♥♥

I can't express how happy I feel when I hear Arthur say this <3
heart
^ I love that quote too!

And yes, I agree that episode fourteen is a favourite because Amy and Arthur are finally together as a couple! :) ♥♥♥♥

I like this quote too BTW (and it's not from ep 14 :D )

Amy: "Do you know? sometimes I wish that you've never come to the Marshalsea, that I've never met you, That none of this had ever happened, I was happy as I was..."

I think I agreed with Amy on this when I first watched ep13 , she was much happier without Arthur, she could've married John, and lived in peace for the rest of her life....
crying
Here is another quote from episode fourteen, said by John :

'' All the time I was breaking my heart over her, she was breaking hers over you.''

I always wanna cry when I watch the part when he says this! It's so sad!