Learning German Do you know any german words?

aiwil posted on Apr 24, 2008 at 10:55PM
german words are sometimes very long, a word can be made out of many other words combine together. Do you have any favourite german words?
ps sorry if my english is not good (i'm not english)
save

Learning German 22 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago aholic said…
Well I'm not English either but your English is great.

I know lots of German words. I'm learning the subject in school since august 2007.
over a year ago aiwil said…
that's great! I'm studyin german at university of Warsaw (that's in Poland, my country). I really like german language, I lern it almost every day :) i have to, but i also want to. I encourage to lern this beautiful language!
aholic, what is your first language?
over a year ago rahma said…
im from saudi arabia but my mom is from germany and i only talk to her in german.. but im not that good at reading and writing!! and my grammer is a bit bad since i never actully studied it!
last edited over a year ago
wow, that is very interesting
rahma, can you tell me more about it? What language do you use in school ?
I have to learn all the gramma from german language. Jeder Tage :) aber ich mag es
in school i take everything in arabic but we have an english period! some schools take french too but my school doesnt have that anymore :(
that's a pitty. And does your mother help you in learning german?
i always talk to her in german, and we sometimes read some books in german together...and she corrects me whenever i say something wrong!!
that's great!
SO HOW MANY LANGUAGES DO YOU KNOW?
over a year ago aholic said…
My first language is Danish. I've lived in Denmark all my life. I got English 3 years ago and German last summer so I am new to the language.
over a year ago IsabellaAzuria said…
Well I am German, would just like to help when there are some questions:)
oh IsabellaAzuria I would love to!! Thts very nice of you :)
Oh, thanks! I really like german language :) but at the moment, at the end on my first semester at University, I have soo many egxams... I'm kinda tired. I'm learnik at the momen Wirtschaft deutsch :) very interesting :)
over a year ago officemonkey said…
I'm from Austria (spoken language is German), so if you want to know some words or phrases or whatever it is that pops into your mind - maybe I can help.
over a year ago sakono said…
am i the only 1 that is english on here ? im mostly german ... my last name is german ^^
over a year ago Kaddison said…
Well guys, I'm another native German. Just go ahead and shoot if you've got any problems. @English speaker: Have you noticed as well that soooo many words and expressions in German are similar to the English ones? It amazes me every time! Esp. when you can see the development as clear as in way - Weg (way: English, wei: ancient Northern German expression, Weg: modern German) :D
over a year ago triplethreat said…
big smile
I speak English as my main language but I would love to learn German! At the moment I am taking French!! if anybody has any tips for me that would be great!! Danke, Merci,Tak,thanks!!
over a year ago carolgreen481 said…
kiss
can you tell me more about it? What language do you use in school ?
over a year ago carolgreen481 said…
i have to, but i also want to. I encourage to lern this beautiful language!