Johnny Depp Whats Your Story?

charliemo2 posted on Feb 28, 2009 at 01:18PM
i would love to know how long and how you became a fan of johnny depp. this is my story: it all started at the end of the winter term at school, as usual, near the holidays we like to watch films and do lots of fun things. in one of my IT lessons we were going to be watching pirates of the caribbean, i sat there and thought "i really dont want to see this film, it doesnt look very good" but i had to watch it though.i had never seen it before. but when we started watching it, i loved it, but i loved jack sparrow even more! i thought he was so funny but i thought he was very sexy too. so i decided to look up the man who plays him...johnny depp! i instantly fell deep in love with him, and thats how it all began. i started collecting posters and adding pictues to my computer, i cant remember what its like not to like johnny depp anymore, and i dont want to! i just love him so much, my love for him has grown stronger over time to, so now i feel that i love him as much as i can without meeting him yet, i really want to meet him, but i cant go alone, im only 13 and my mum finds it really annoying that i like him so much and she thinks it is bad for me, but i cant help but love him like i do, how could you not love johnny depp? but one day i hope to give him a massive hug! but i think that i quite unlikley :( but i do want to meet him though!thankyou for reading my story and i hope you will tell me your story too thankyou!

Johnny Depp 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago demonbarbergirl said…
Well I became a HUGE fan of him when the last Pirates came out. I knew about Johnny before then but never really payed attention to him, then suddenly after I saw Pirates 3 I was like "What have I been doing my whole life when there is this amazing actor to obsess over?!" I love him so much and I want to meet him someday!
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
big smile
i cant even remember how i started liking him, its been years now :P ive seen almost all his movies now, and try to keep up with all the lastest news.
so i guess thats pretty much my story, ive been like that for a long time now lol ♥
over a year ago DeppRox said…
heart
Well, when I was 7 my Johnny obsessed mom had me watch Sleepy Hollow... and I loved it! I remember my mom always saying "Johnny's the maaaaan". (that's how I knew who he was)
Well, anyways I loved Johnny, but then I say Pirates 2 and I fell in an obsession with Orlando Bloom (I know, How dare me?!)... Then I saw Elizabethtown and hated it and I started to hate Orlando (he annoyed me,he seemed so preppy and boring). In abou a week after my Orlando hating I saw Secret Window and thought 'WOW! Johnny Depp is even weirder than I remembered!'. And so began my obsession. (I've loved Johnny since I was 7, but I've been obsessed since I was 11)... YAY! JOHNNY!
over a year ago hanababey said…
heart
I havee been obsessed with Johnny Depp Ooh since i was 7 lol He is the sexiest bugger alive &+ even tho he could be my dad :P i would marry him anyday. Omg the only reason i watched sweeney todd was because of him &+ Helena &+ it was amazing &+ i am soooo greatful to him for introducing me to the best film ever :)

Thankyou Johnnyy :) i love you with all my heart :)

Hannah xxx
over a year ago London said…
heart
I had always liked Johnny Depp but I REALLY started liking him just recently. It all started when my sister showed me this Twilight Parody. The people who did it were really good so I thought that I would look other stuff up on them. They were called The Hillywood Show and I instantly fell in love. I noticed how they did alot of Johnny Depp parts and I thought that was cool. There were alot of parts they played I didn't recognize, but over time I started looking at Johnny pictures and was like "ohhh thats what character they were playing" I started this frenzy sort of, I was feeverishly watching everything on Johnny Depp that protained to the show. After very little time I fell in love with his acting. Ever since I have just been saving all my money to get things that have to do with Johnny, I turn down my friends sometimes so I can just stay home and watch him, I have even been drawing him. He is so great I wish I could meet him some day^_^

By the way: If any of you want to watch a really funny show that has almost all of Johnny Depp's roles being done by a talented duo, look up The Hillywood Show! You wont be dissapointed!!
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
big smile
I didn't know who he was until I saw the first Pirates. I remember my mum saw it before me and I thought Johnny Depp was a character in the movie. I was really annoyed when I couldn't work out who it was lol!
Anyway after Pirates became my fav movies I decided to watch some others. My group of friends and I all seem to be in love with him. We've been planning a Depp-a-thon for months. Every movie I see with him I just get blown away by how well he acts and how versatile his characters are. I really don't think there's anyone else who's made so many of my favourite movies. It's like he's stalking me! How the hell does he know how to be that awesome?! How does he and Tim Burton keep making perfect movies like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Sweeney Todd?? I think when I found out he'd be the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland it was decided that he's stalking me or he has some incite into what I think the perfect movie is! Alan Rickman as the caterpillar, Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen! HOW do they do it?! They're stalkers!
over a year ago norskiDepp said…
When I was much younger my cousin watched PotC and she had Jack-fanshirt.
Then years later my father watched it on tv and I see a littlebit of it. I remember Jack from that fanshirt and fell in love with Sparrow. Next day I watched Edward Scissorhands and read some interviews on internet and... fell in love with Johnny too. (that was couple years ago)
My simple story.
(sorry for my bad english)
over a year ago AnjaLovesJohnny said…
heart
I was about 15 years old. my mum saw potc the curse of the black pearl on TV. she said to me: "you have to watch this movie, hes the funniest and prettiest pirate i ever saw!" lucky me, next week was the same movie on tv. I watched it and I was like "omg why didnt i know this pirate earlier???" I was so excited, i wasnt able to sleep this night! The next days i started to find things fron Johnny in the internet and started to collect pics and his movies, just everything!
the pics grew a lot!from 50 to 15000!
the movies too. now hes my faaaaav actor and my faaaaav man :)
there is just no one like ♥♥♥Johnny♥♥♥!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago BritAshPos said…
kiss
It started when I watched POTC. My friends absolutely loved the Pirates series and annoyed me so much, I finally decided to watch it and see what all of the fuss was about. I had to hurry and rent Pirates 1 & 2 and then me and my friend went to see Pirates 3 in theatres. Don't really exactly know how I fell into my Johnny Depp obsession. I just know I thought he was hot and bought a poster of him (before I watched the movies) and then I got all the Pirates posters. Then, I dunno. I just kept watching all his movies and collecting them, and my friend thinks he's hot too, so we're always talking about him. We joke, like saying "If one of us gets to meet him, we should promise the other one won't be jealous." So I don't really know the exact moment I became a Johnny Depp devotee, but it doesn't really matter. He's the best actor in the world and that's what matters!
over a year ago Nicolexx15 said…
heart
Well I'd always been a fan of Johnny Depp but something just nver clicked in me but one day I watched Sweeney Todd and I wasn't sure because I dont realy like musicals but I watched it and I was like something just clicked and I was like wow I LOVE Johnny Depp he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexxiiiii I'd always thought he was good looking in pirates of the carribean but now I was just like ummm slice my throat any day you sexxy beast, I'd marry you at once now I dont care that im youn and he's older than my dad, I love him and I thats how it is he's also a great father figure but yummm he's hot and has an amzing personality, so every night I watch something with or about Johnny Depp in, and I have a dream every single night bout him and my life ambition is to meet him x I get annoyed because he doesn't know I exsist and that its not easy to meet him, my mum although she agree's he's sexy gets sick of me going on and on and on about him every minute of the day about how much I wanna meet him and what he's doing and stuff. So as you can see I'm a Johnny Depp devote and I love him foreva and always x This site is probaly my favourite sit for talking about him so I can share my opinions with you guys and not hav people give me funny looks x even though they're wierd and dont know what they're missing out on x I LOVE JOHNNY FOREVA AND GOD BLESS ME FOR BEING BLESSED BY HIM X I'm gonna stop talking now or i'll never stop :P
Johnny forever and always to the end ♥♥♥♥♥♥
over a year ago thedeppfan said…
big smile
It all started when I noticed that the majority of the movies I had watched during my life were movies including Johnny. At home, we only have a few of his movies (the ones that are more for kids), but at my dads house, there are a lot more. I started liking him, but I wasn't obsessed like I am now. He became my favorite actor, and I was always blabbering about how cool it was that he could change his voice/accent that much (willy wonka, victor van dort, captain jack sparrow,etc.). The actual obsession started some months ago, when we were going to Berlin. I had just gotten a small kind of notebook that I instantly loved. I later decided that it would be my Johnny depp book. So, in Berlin, anything connected to him was something I wanted. I even bought some newspapers and magazines incase they had a commercial for any of his new movies (I wanted to stick them in my book). Basically, our time in Berlin was spent by me blabbering about Johnny depp. When we came home, I started looking in the morning newspapers to check for commercials. I even cut out stuff that only mentioned him or his movies! Anyway, that was my story, and I'm still looking for stuff everywhere! My family andmy friends are kind of annoyed by now, but what can I say? Johnny depp is the best person on the planet in every way! Yeah okay that was it, it became longer than I thought but..whatever!
over a year ago DepplyinLove said…
heart
My story started when I was pretty young. I was about 8 or 9 years old when I first saw Benny & Joon. I felt an instant connection with the character Sam. It became one of my favorite movies. At that age I wasn't too aware of Johnny, but I did feel a connection with the characters he played, especially Edward Scissorhands. There was something so magical, yet so relatable, about them. Then when I was about 14, my mother rented Chocolat from the video store. I thought it would be some dumb old chick flick, but I watched anyway. I ended up loving the movie...and I noticed a certain someone...who was possibly the most beautiful man I ever laid eyes on. "Who the heck is that," I thought. I didn't realize until after the credits were rolling that it was Johnny. "wait a minute...that was Edward Scissorhands??!!" I remember saying. The obsession started then, but I kind of kept it secret because I knew people would give me a hard time about it. All my friends were into young hot popular boy bands while I was in love with a much older man (hehe). I remember when Pirates came out a couple years later, I was 16, and my goodness I was sooo excited! I couldnt wait to see Johnny and all my other friends wanted to see Orlando Bloom. Well guess what...we saw the movie...and they ended up being obsessed with Johnny!! I wanted to say "told ya so!" Captain Jack was soooo popular, and I felt more comfortable being open about my love for Johnny. I started collecting his movies, reading magazine articles, watching interviews...I wanted to learn more about Johnny. I felt such an instant and deep connection with him. I know that must sound weird, but it is true. I saw that he is a lot like me in so many ways and I think that is why I am so attracted to him. As I watched more films, I admired his creativity and risk taking. I also saw that he is just so kind and humble. His outward beauty is no match to what is inside. He became my role model, my inspiration, and my hero. Over the years I developed a tremendous respect for him, as an artist and as a person. I feel so blessed that he became a part of my life. He has changed my life and made it better. If I could ever tell him one thing, it would be "Thank you." I am now 24 years old, so my story has gone on for nearly 15 years! It is one that will continue forever. Johnny will always have a special place in my heart.
over a year ago Wave said…
heart
I was 8 when I saw Edward Scissorhands (in 1993) and I didn't know much about movies but I felt it was different and unique and I thought Edward was super cute. c: Then in 1997 (I was 12) I saw Don Juan Demarco and it became my most important movie because I'm such a daydreamer like Johnny in the movie and that character became my role model. :) Now I'm halfway to 27 but I still believe in my dreams, my own dreamworld and I have a vivid fantasy. :P 'Well, my perfect world is no less real than yours, Don Octavio.' ;) I became Johnny's fan officially around 2000 (I was 15) when I got Sleepy Hollow. I've been collecting his movies since then! I've seen everything, even his small cameo roles and documentaries like Deep Sea 3D, I buy those things just to hear his voice. :) He was my very first favorite actor and he's still my number one. I respect him and I think he's a good looking man but I'm not in love with him! However, I'm emotionally attached to some of his characters, especially Sweeney Todd, he's perfect in so many ways. ♥ Yeah, I'm weird. c: Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language (I started to learn English because of Johnny)!
over a year ago Dana40 said…
Well, I don't really know :p I saw Pirates 1 when I was like 5 or 6 years old, but when that film came out, I loved Orlando Bloom :'p
Then It just changed, and I became a HUGE fan of Depp instead :'D
It's pretty hard to describe how I became a Depphead, it just happened :))
over a year ago i_luv_JDepp said…
heart
Well the first movie I saw of his was Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, but I was only about 8 or nine, so it scared the living crap out of me. But since I was such a deranged child, I asked to see the first one, and ended up loving it! I then became utterly obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean and had to have all the shirts, hats, accessories, anything that had to do with Pirates of the Caribbean. I remember taking a couple of my friends to Pirates of the Caribbean 3 the day it came out for my birthday, which was a few days before. So I continued loving Pirates of the Caribbean, I didn't really love Johnny though, I mostly just loved Captain Jack. Until one day my mom came home from the library with Sweeney Todd. My friend and I watched it, and I became insanely obsessed. I rented it four more times from the library until my mom bought it for me and I would watching almost every day when I came home from school. So I'd have to say, Sweeney Todd was the movie that got me really hooked. (it's also what made me become a helenaist and burtonist). I bought the whole album on itunes, and sang the melodies every chance I got. And then I guess it just snowballed from there until I stand here today, as a 14 year old girl who's goal in life is to meet her idol, inspiration, reason for living, Johnny Depp <3
over a year ago lovedeppforever said…
heart
The first movie i saw was pirates of the Caribbean 1 , i was too young then that i even didn't know the name of actors in this movie but even though i was fascinated with johnny's performance and really liked captain jack sparrow even though i didn't know his name.Then a lot of years passed and i found the movie on television i remembered this was the movie i adored when i was young and i wanted to see captain jack again , so i saw and it was awesome , i knew then the name of the actor who was johnny depp , i liked him but it wasn't an obsession yet. The next day i remember i was going through some movies on my computer that my friends gave me , then i found a movie with name public enemies i went through its cast and i found johnny's name , i decided to see it to see another movie of this great actor that i liked , after seeing it i was amazed by such a beautiful movie with a suburb performance by johnny .Then i discovered that i'm in front of a legendary actor , i discovered that he's the best, at that time my obsession started , he became my idol.i loooooooooooooove him soooooooooo much.i started watching all his movies , interviews , downloading all his pictures , doing every thing that is related to him.Now i hope for the day that i would be able to meet him.
over a year ago leishadepp said…
big smile
Well ever since I was just a little girl I always thought he was cute and ever since that first Johnny Depp movie I had ever seen,"Edward Scissorhands." But it was until months ago that I actually became an actual 100% Johnny fan. After all these years I had finally appericated the unique and various talents that is Johnny Depp. Now I appericate a lot of actors but none of them stand out to me as much as Johnny Depp does. It's just that he blows my mind with his performances in anything he ends up doing and that is why I am a Depp fan!
over a year ago DeppendentOnU said…
heart
I have to admit I haven't been a fan as long as others who replied, but I'm crazy about Johnny. It started about late March of last year, 2012. I remember very distinctly it was Friday night, and my mom was letting water boil in the stove for spaghetti for dinner. I was laying on the couch, occupying the majority, while my mom sat on the end. She channel surfed and found nothing. She saw Alice in Wonderland and asked me if I wanted to watch it. I agreed, with nothing better to do. I came in on the very beginning, before Alice fell in the hole. I was already enjoying the movie, giggling at the British accents and loving the quirkiness. Then, I watched the part when Alice was introduced to the Mad Hatter. I remember seeing Johnny at the table, and then I saw his face. I felt something tug at my heart, and my heart skipped several beats. It's like something triggered in my brain, and suddenly I sat up and paid close attention, hanging on his every word. Two Pirates movies followed AiW, and I found myself telling my older brother to shut up every time Johnny came on the screen, rather forcibly. Ever since Alice in Wonderland has been close to my heart, and very special to me. My family thinks I'm delusional, and think its a phase. I hate to say they're right, but I refuse to let go of Johnny. He, in an extreme sense, saved my life, both emotional and physically. He quickly lowers my blood pressure (although some pictures of him shirtless and all that can bring my BP dangerously high 😊), relieves stress and boredom, and can drastically change my point of view to fit his. Again, my family thinks I'm out of my mind, but I've never felt this way about anyone. ANYONE. I'm in love in every sense of the word, and more. I'm proudly obsessed, and I can't get enough. He makes me lose my mind, and I've shed my fair share of tears over him. I've been building up my collection of memorabilia, paying enormous amounts to frame several drawings and posters. He is one of the most important things to me, obviously excluding my family and friends. I'm so obsessed, I've completely lost track of my opinions. For example, if I'm buying a dress, I ask myself "would Johnny like this?" or "is this something a girl version of Johnny would wear?" He's definitely flipped my world upside down. I never knew I could feel all these emotions I feel when I see him. He's become a reason to get up in the morning.