Jesus The New pledge of allegianc

mimilovefoc posted on Dec 14, 2007 at 01:53AM
A close friend seant me an interesting e-mail and I wanted to share it with you.

Even teenagers see the abandonment of God and any exercise of religious practice in traditional ways as rather strange….
New Pledge of Allegiance
(TOTALLY AWESOME) !

Since the Pledge of Allegiance
And The Lord's Prayer
Are not allowed in most
Public schools anymore
Because the word "God" is mentioned... .
A kid in Arizona wrote the attached

NEW School prayer: -
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights .
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible .
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from w rong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

If you aren't ashamed to do this,
Please pass this on.
Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me,
I will be ashamed of you before my Father."

Signed, Not ashamed. Pass this ON!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Jesus 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Designergurl said…
I AGREE! I THINK IT WAS THE STUPIDEST THING THAT THEY TOOK CHRISTIANITY OUT OF SCHOOLS!THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID FOR BELIEVING IN GOD,WELL THEY ARE GOING TO BE THE ONES FEELING STUPID WHEN WE ARE IN HEAVEN, AND THEY ARE IN HELL!
over a year ago DrDevience said…
WELL THEY ARE GOING TO BE THE ONES FEELING STUPID WHEN WE ARE IN HEAVEN, AND THEY ARE IN HELL!

What a very christian thing to say...
over a year ago Zerstoren said…
Um.. Designergurl I don't think saying people are going to hell was the intent of the poem.

People acting the way you do is exactly why they take religion out of schools, look what it does to people when it's brought up among people of different faiths.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago animeluvr said…
Shut up!She's right,they shouldn't take christianity out of schools.Just because they think we are religious fanatics.It's a lie!Jjust wait and see where they'll go when they reach judgement day!
over a year ago Dearheart said…
Woah, guys! Calm down! I'd appreciate it if we could stop yelling at each other and instead try to say things in a calm, respectful way. I personally think Jesus would prefer that, lol.

Designergurl and animeluvr, let me ask you something: Is it fair to get angry at a blind man for not being able to describe a sunset? Is it right to blame a deaf person for not being able to hear the rippling notes in a song? No.

And neither is it right to rant angrily at anyone who does not know the joy of having Jesus in their life. They don't know Him. Because they don't have His light in their hearts, they are blind and can't understand. Can we blame them for that?

Zerstoren does have a point, you know. What example are we setting for everyone?

We are the Body. We give Jesus a face. How can we expect to spread the gospel when that face is scowling and yelling at everyone else? Stop using your words to spout holier-than-thou/fire-and-brimstone stuff at people and instead show them the love and grace that our Savior showed to us!

Tell them a Hope exists that surpasses their wildest dreams. Tell them there's Someone who loves without limits. Tell them of the unquenchable joy that burns in your soul, and tell them that they can have it too.

For many are called...but few are chosen.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
did you just call us all blind?
not following a strict religion does not make you blind, following what the establishment of the chruch tells you instead of jesus' own followings does, jesus does not represent the right to yell at none Christian people,
jesus never heard the alliance in his life time and i doubt it matters much to him as he was not a american