How to Train Your Dragon So, Why The Name Toothless?

lovelife324 posted on Apr 11, 2010 at 12:16AM
We all know that this dragon has teeth but there is one unanswered question. Why does his name have to be toothless? I mean, cm'on, HE HAS TEETH!
last edited on Apr 11, 2010 at 12:17AM

How to Train Your Dragon 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago jmg2596 said…
smirk
Bcuz he can retract his teeth!!! Didnt u notice that in the movie?? While Hiccup was giving him some fish and at first he was toothless then his teeth retracted when he got the fish....
over a year ago W7PG said…
Why you can't understand that?!
Of course because of Hiccup! XD
over a year ago dianacarr5678 said…
meh
Does this help? Look at the arrows.
Does this help? Look at the arrows.
over a year ago HarleyQuinn1 said…
smile
At first toothless appears to not have any teeth, but when Hiccup feeds him the fish you see teeth.
over a year ago taismo723 said…
worried
At first Hiccup couldn't see his teeth cuz Toothless can retract them. When Hiccup feeds him he shows his teeth to chew food. And in the books he actually doesn't have teeth except for 1 that comes in then gets knocked out. Man, you guys are so dumb sometimes you worry me.
over a year ago Ignas357 said…
laugh
BECAUSE IN THE BOOK HE REALY HAS NO TEETH! god...
over a year ago imusic727 said…
tongue
Because when he first met him he was toothless. Duh
over a year ago Riku114 said…
Riku: This is why. Toothless!

Toothless: *comes over with his teeth showing*

LoveLife: See he has teeth!

Riku: *Does a relistic fake punch as Toothless retracts his teeth* No more teeth.
over a year ago AlphaAmy said…
Aha, u (lovelife324) sound like Dagur in Cast Out p.II when he moans about the name Toothless -.- anyways, it is bcuz when Hiccup first met Toothless, and he was about to feed him the fish, he noticed he didnt have any teeth (or so he thought) and Hiccup says:
"huh. Toothless. I could have sworn u had..." then Toothless extends his teeth out and takes the fish - "TEETH!!!"
And there it is. The whole story behind. XD
over a year ago DarkSideSkittle said…
tongue
Y'all pretty much described it, but im still gonna say:

UM, CUZ HE LOOKED LIKE HE HAD NUU TEETH IN LE MOVIE THEN HE SHOWED EM AFTER HICCUP GAVE HIM THE FISH :I
over a year ago BabyMew said…
Hiccup first saw Toothless with retracted teeth so he though he was, well, toothless.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Bluecherry6765 said…
i think it's because he can make his teeth go in his gums so he can close his mouth so he is toothless get it?
over a year ago Frozenswift said…
When Hiccup and Toothless first met, Toothless didn't show his teeth.