How to Train Your Dragon How did Hiccup REALLY lose his leg?

DragonFang145 posted on Sep 07, 2012 at 10:47PM
I heard this one person has a theory that Hiccup's leg wasn't burnt off but instead bitten. The person (and i after thinking about it) thinks that as Hiccup was falling into the fiery blaze he was too far for Toothless to reach with his paws. So, toothless had no choice but to bite down on Hiccup's leg to try and catch him. He couldn't retract his teeth because Hiccup would've slipped throught his slippery gums. DO YOU THINK THE THEORY COULD BE RIGHT?

How to Train Your Dragon 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago alexlionis1 said…
yes ,, i think that too
over a year ago DragonFang145 said…
I know it makes alot more sense than the burn theory.
over a year ago imusic727 said…
It sounds pretty. Good because if it was because of urn hen why didn't the rest of his body burn.
over a year ago DragonFang145 said…
I know right?
over a year ago Sapphire899 said…
I don't believe it. I think Toothless cought him but Hiccup's leg was sticking out the wing and got burned off
over a year ago Desert-Princess said…
There's actually a real answer if you closely watch the movie. When Toothless landed, in order to protect hiccup completely, he held him close and crushed his left foot in between his back legs
over a year ago mdragon said…
Does it say what happened in the book?
ultraunique16 commented…
The books are nothing like the movie. Toothless isn't even the same kind of dragon. Maybe in the novelization though (if there is one). over a year ago
over a year ago barsandmelody said…
I agree with Desert-Princess
over a year ago piplupfan1 said…
I think before Hiccup fell in the fire he mite of scrap it of that's possible
over a year ago alzistar098 said…
I can agree with Desert-Princess but we only see his right leg in between his two back legs.