Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Related fiction

micketyb posted on Nov 19, 2011 at 03:29PM
Hi there! I hope nobody minds me putting this up, but I've just published a sci fi comedy that my local newspaper likened to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in its review. I'd certainly not go that far, but the comparison is very flattering and I thought you might be interested in taking a look.

The Improbable Tale of How I Saved the Universe is a breathless, first person space adventure that reached the final 14 sci fi books in this year's Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards, and is now available in paperback and Kindle editions. Here's a bit about the story:

Tam Husband isn’t the world’s greatest journalist. In fact he’s probably one of the worst. And when he gets an article rejected by Doorstop Bulletin he knows the clock is rapidly ticking on his newswriting dreams.

But when he makes an ill-advised trip to Antarctica in the hunt for a career-saving scoop, Tam instead becomes embroiled in a vengeful alien race’s dastardly plot to destroy the universe.

Duped, manhandled and misled by shadowy organisations vying for power, Tam sets off on a hilarious journey that takes him everywhere from the secluded iron planet Fiz-Yelda to the mysterious Valley of Frozen Souls.

Not to be put off a task just because he isn’t quite sure why he’s doing it, Tam pledges to fight the threat with a band of misfit comrades including a Gunrunlian engineer who once modelled for Munch’s The Scream, a wafer thin Datzik princess who holds the key to the Valley of Answers, and a mysterious brunette security chief whose true loyalties are constantly called into question.

Taking in some the most unlikely, breathtaking and mind-boggling locations imaginable, this is above all a tale of friendship, love and the determination of a small group of individuals to succeed in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

You can read a sample chapter at www.michael-barker.com or it's available to buy via this link in the USA: link

or here in the UK:
link

It also has a fan page on Facebook. Thanks for looking!

Michael
Hi there! I hope nobody minds me putting this up, but I've just published a sci fi comedy that my loc

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy No replies