Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3501-3550 of 54807

over a year ago FredWRules said…
over 2600 actually... we're about 2609-10ish...
over a year ago mooimafish17 said…
smile
ive got a picture of that uni - hehe
ive got a picture of that uni - hehe
over a year ago lucius_malloy said…
big smile
DracoLuver, not more than HP. I mean, the story was great, but it took me ages (well, three days. that's ages for me :P) to read it because the language was kinda old-fashioned, so it was slower going than usual.
Sev, congratulations! :P haha I loved HP since I was seven, but I've only been a 'hard-core' fan for a couple of months now :D
Andie, HAHAHAHAHA. although, I'm one to talk... this computer has explorer with tabs, though it freezes and-slash-or-overheats if more than one is open. le sigh.
PaddleU, awesome reasons, but like they said, we're closer to 2610 :D and some of those may have been said before, but whatever. oh, and one thing:I think twishite was actually written in '05, so six years ago. but that's not important.
moo, GO THERE!

anyone who cares, my awesome DA bag shipped today, which means I'm gonna get it next week or the week after <3 :D
*goes green with envy*
cool
aww - you guys are so sweet - I dunno if I'll get in, but I'll make the application around xmas
big smile
you totally have to get in, and if you do, wear hogwarts robes on your first day :D
kiss
I will! and I will do so for all of you guys :D
over a year ago LoveforSeverus said…
Yay moo!!! I hope you get in.
moo - I hope you get in, and when you DO go in full Hogwarts robes, you MUST take pictures. MUST.
big smile
okay lol - but it is two years away!
over a year ago venvargie said…
Uhg...just got my grades...My douche of a stepdad is pissed I failed 2 classes. =/ D's ARE PASSING MORON. DX
over a year ago souflizzle317 said…
@LoveforSeverus, congrats! Haha November 18th (my birthday) will be when I've been a hardcore Harry Potter fan for exactly 10 years :)

@moo, I'm kinda late on this, but I hope you get in :) It would be AMAZING
souflizzle congrats!!!! I share a birthday with Sean Biggerstaff (HOW could you forget that LAST NAME!!!!) who plays Oliver Wood! March 15!!!
I wish I was born January 9th! So then I could share a birthday with Severus!!!!
smile
I may share my birthday with Angelina Johnson... she's born sometime in the week before halloween (same as me), and my birthday's 2 days before John Cleese's, who is Nearly Headless Nick, and also in Monty Python... XD
Congrats to both venvargie and anyone with the whole birthday thing :) For the record I share it with no one
Anyone else doing the whole picking a uni thing! it's so stressfull - and we do it for two years here :(
last edited over a year ago
big smile
hahahaha I'm nowhere near old enough to think about what uni I want to get into XD I'm only 13!!!!
I want to go to Auburn University!!!
I'm planning on going there but I'm probably going to have to go to Kentucky.

But this is me and a former Auburn football player (Tommy Trott) who played Tight End (I'd like to tighten his end) and my step-brother. Who was, like, 7 at the time.
Don't me and Tommy look related though!!!
I want to go to Auburn University!!! 
I'm planning on going there but I'm probably going to have to g
over a year ago Guin90 said…
Hmmm...I share my birthday (30th July) with nobody awesome...although my boyfriend shares his with Winston Churchill (November 30)which I think is pretty awesome.

As for uni choices, i knew i was going to monash uni since i was around 14, although i had 2 years off before i started this year. Although i wanna do my masters/phd overseas maybe in america or england.

Also, if you actually care :S, i had a cousin who went to auburn and he loved it there, he went on to study at harvard and he still thinks auburn was way better, i don't know why though, i would have thought harvard was pretty cool, but im australian so i don't know much about american uni's :D
smile
Whoooo - come hogwarts with me :)
^ Dude, you share your birthday with NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM!!!!! How can you say he isn't awesome!!?!?!!
big smile
OMG WIN, EMMA WATSON PUNCHES INTERVIEWER: link hahahahahahaha
over a year ago venvargie said…
My B-day is the day after Harry's and on the day of Fleur and Bill's wedding that count for much?
over a year ago Guin90 said…
hmmm
Oh my...I forgot about Neville :( and he's one of my favourite characters too:(!!!!!!...now I feel really bad :( :(
smile
I'm 10th of September - who do I share with?
ummmm... let me check....

oh, no one actually in the books, sorry :|
but today is the anniversary of Ianto Jones's death :(
crying
oh no - god that's soo sad :(

I'll post a picture when i get home
ok :D (wait, of what?0
ianto
heart
ok!!!! I love him... :D
heart
Here is my two favourite "fictional" people: (hopefully this'll work)
Here is my two favourite "fictional" people: (hopefully this'll work)
heart
ok it didn't work, so here is the second one:
ok it didn't work, so here is the second one:
hmmm
hey all :) since we're on the subject of birthdays, I'll just say that nothing happens on mine. NOTHING. seriously.

and by the way, guess what? I just got a text from my dad - the DA bag has arrived! that was darn quick shipping, though - I ordered some shirts from david and goliath and they took like four weeks :D

can I interest anyone in a rant-slash-juicy-gossip?
so. yesterday, the girls and the JC guys (remember them?) were hanging outside, but then the gys had to go to a meeting. so the girls were like, ok, we'll wait for you. so then the guys went and the girls waited, until at one point they came back (did I mention they use our room's window now instead of doors?). well, anyway, I had the following conversation with the canadian JC:
him: *opens door*
me: *looks up from book* they're outside.
him: really? they've been outside the whole time [an hour, bit more]?
me: yep. they're crazy.
him: oh, god... I hate my life, Emma.
me: how so?
him: fourteen-year-old-girls!
me: you know, I'ver been thinking the same thing.
then he went and they stayed out till 3 am. honestly.

but, having had this conversation, it doesn't make sense that when they were playing cards, he promised her his canada-shirt if she won... she lost, but still got the shirt. although I have this theory that he's just humouring her, because, after all, the girls are only here for two more nights, and then they'll probably never see the guys again.
what do you think?
(I know you don't care. humour me.)
smile
I feel sorry for both - the girls are just silly but at least the boys are not taking advantage of them. The boys kinda have to put up with it.
I agree with that - you should have heard his sigh as he went out the window... it was like, "here we go. put your game face on, pretend for a few hours." you know, the kind of sigh you heave right before doing something you don't really want to but kinda have to, if that makes sense. and I almost feel sorry for her, first-class bitch that she is, because she honestly believes he likes her.
over a year ago ravenclawgirl5 said…
I have no idea what number this is:

Harry Potter is full of suspenseful twists and turns. Twilight has . . . nothing. I mean, seriously. Was there anyone who didn't see Bella and Edward's marriage coming (after Edward proposed, of course)? Everyone knew Bella would end up a vampire, am I right? And then there's Jacob. He was a character tossed in by Stephenie Meyer for some random reason. Come on, no one actually thought that Bella would end up with Jacob. That would ruin the whole story of Bella and Edward's luvvy-duvvyness.
smile
^^ good points
smirk
if the twilight books turned out to be a complex spoof - would you start liking them??
over a year ago TheQuibbler said…
@moo yes! I would love to see all the twi-tards faces when they fond out!

sorry I've been gone my stupid computer crashed.

The closest I come to sharing a birthday with a hp character is Hermione. Her birthday is the day after mine. so I was kinda disappointed when I found out.
@moo you share a bday with my step brother! the one in the pic.
And Chris Colombus.
WHoooooooooooo
haha I don't share a birthday with anyone in the books :P The only awesome person who has the same birthday is Owen Wilson :)

@ravenclawgirl5, that's totally true. From the moment I picked up Twilight, I knew that Bella would get turned into a vampire. And as soon as Edward proposed, even though she flipped, I knew they would get married. I knew she wouldn't die when the baby was born. I knew the evil people would die, and no good people would. In Harry Potter though...the only thing I was sure about was Voldemort dying, because that would just be terrible if he won. But no one even knew if Harry was going to live, because a bunch of people thought he was a Horcrux (and they were right - but he survived anyway haha)...So yeah, Harry Potter is has way more suspense and awesomeness :)

Have I mentioned that the DH trailer is amazingly epic? I can't get over how epic every single part of it is...I've even downloaded it and put it on my ipod :)

Oh, and really random, everyone should go on youtube and watch Llamas with Hats and Llamas with Hats 2, by SecretAgentBob. Both videos are epicly (yes that's a word) hilarious :)
smile
I'm at an open air theater in LDN watching McBeth
smile
thought you ought (sp?) to no

"TROLL"
reason somewhere in the 2600s? anyway, comparison of the cast on the end of filming their respective movies:

Twilight: "The end of the "Twilight" series is nigh and its stars are already looking to step away from their otherworldly, undead personas." source: link (link may not work after a little while, yahoo is weird that way)

Harry Potter: "So it is true that there are only weeks left for the final Deathly Hallows Harry Potter film shoot. In fact, it’s causing the HP stars to really take it hard. Daniel Radcliffe stated that he’s going to be devastated when it’s over, saying that everything from the series is linked to his life. And Emma Watson said that she feels like someone is dying, adding that it’s really emotional yet she’s proud of the blockbuster success of Harry Potter." source: link

and

"Rupert Grint in Orlando about the last day of shooting on Deathly Hallows:
It was quite a sad day. I didn’t know quite how it would affect me. They played this video which kind of brought it all back really. I just kind of realized how long we’d actually spent [at Leavesden Studios] and with all those people. It was quite emotional.
SyFy.com reports that Daniel Radcliffe broke down and cried during the final last scene for the Deathly Hallows, the last movie in the Harry Potter series. The actor said everyone on the set was emotional:
Everyone was really devastated. It was really, really sad. We were crying quite a lot. It’s a weird, weird feeling." source: link

Basically, Twilight stars are ready to move on and are eager to do something else, and Twilight was just another movie to them. For Harry Potter stars, the movies have been part of them for literally half of their lives and they're very attached, and it's sad to be finished, not only for them but for us as fans. I know this is about the actors, and not the plots that were created, but I think it says something if the actors in one movie got very attached to their roles, and the actors in the other don't care at all.
^The HP cast has been doing this for, like, half their lives. Which makes it that much more special. But still... I think it's awesome that Dan cried. I mean, I'm not happy that he cried but I like that his heart is THAT into these movies. It's important.

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST FINISHED MAKING MY VERY FIRST WAND EVER!!!!
^ oooo what kind is it? If you look on jkrowling.com, she posted this thing and apparently, the Celts assigned a different tree for wand making to each month or something, I don't remember the details, but I would have a wand made of reed :) And I agree, I like that it's so important to all of them. If I was one of them, I would've been bawling at the end of filming because I get really into things like that :) I'm going to be so sad next July when it's all over!!
over a year ago emlincr said…
I'm too lazy to read those past pages so can anyone can tell me if anything important has happened/ been talked about? Haha wow I go on vacation for a week and you guys add like 10 pages.
I'd have an ivy wand :D

awwwwwwww poor Dan, I feel so sorry for him! coz, it's not like he can watch the movies as much as we can, coz he'd just look really weird... D:
heart
^^ Thats well sweet about Dan!