Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1001-1050 of 54807

over a year ago Lindsey1234 said…
monkey
Isn't it so retarted that most Twilight fans usually can't spell?
laugh
Wouldn't be so cool if there was a beat up edweirdo day! That would've just made me feel so awsome!
1572. The only reason why Edweirdo can't read Bella's mind is because she doesen't have one.

1573. Sparkling vampires? That's so retarted!

1574. Everyone knows that vampires die in the sunlight.

1575. It just sucks.
over a year ago WitchInTraining said…
1575. Hey, do you know where the Twil*ght theme park is?
over a year ago SonOfKyuss said…
IDK if these have been posted, but oh well:

1577) Harry Potter has fans from every demographic. Boys, girls, mums, dads, grandmas, grandpas and from pretty much every background I know of. Twilight fantards are almost exclusively teenage girls (and a few gay guys) who tend to be from nice middle-class families.

1578) Robert Pattinson referred to Edward Cullen as a "manic depressive who hates himself", said that he thought Stephanie Meyer was "mad" and hasn't really had much complimentary to say about the books. (And who can blame him - he's a straight guy). I've never heard Daniel Radcliffe (or, for that matter, any of the HP actors) have anything but kind words for JK Rowling, their characters or the books.

1579) The "love" in Twilight is a kind of obsessive, codependent love that isn't healthy in any way. (Don't give me the "young lovers" bollocks - I'm young and have been in love, and while it does get extreme it's nothing like it is in Twilight). Harry Potter, on the other hand, has parental love, fraternal bonds, the love a mentor has for his protege and, yes, romantic love. Harry and Ginny, or Ron and Hermione, are also young but their actions are nothing as obsessive as those of Bella and Edward, which, in a way, makes them even more romantic. IMO, Ron and Hermione's kiss during the Battle of Hogwarts had more romance in it than all the thesaurus rape in Twilight.
1580) The vampire mentioned for two pages in Half-Blood Prince (what was his name? Sanguini?) was more badarse than any of the Twilight vampires. Remember how he goes to try and bite a group of girls?

over a year ago DracoFanGirl said…
1576: Do I need to say it? I think I do. We had to write about what annoys us. My answer was this:
"Twilight aka That-peice-of-bloody-dead-trees-and-sparkl­es-­tha­t-m­ake­s-m­e-w­ant­-to­-en­d-u­p-l­ike­-a-­cer­tai­n-a­wes­ome­-co­nvi­cte­d-m­urd­ere­r-w­ho-­was­-ki­lle­d-b­y-d­rap­ery­.&q­uot­;
That was Siriusly my answer. Then I listed every ts character. XD

While reading/watching HP:
Draco: I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me.
Me: ;( IF VOLDEMORT EFFING KILLS YOU.

Ron: Harry, Hermione run! It's the Grim!
Me: Harry, Hermione run! It's the Godfather!

Ron: There wasn't a witch or wizard who went bad thar wasn't in Slytherin.
Me: Wait till your third year...

Bellatrix: I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK! I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!
Me: KILL HER, HARRY! KILL HER. KILL HER. KILL HER.

Voldemort: Kill the spare!
Pettigrew: AVADA KEDAVRA!
Cedric: -dead-
Me: -sighs- Too bad that was Cedric... It could've been Edward...

Sirius: I would've died! Died, rather than betrayed my friends.
Me: YAY.
over a year ago LoveforSeverus said…
crying
^^amd in extension to that
*Sirius/Mad-Eye* This is the orgional order. Look, Frank and Alice Longbottom.
*me* ^CRYYYYYYYYY^ "NO NO NO!!!! MR. AND MRS. LONGBOTTOM!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
When I found out that Kristen Stewart was gonna be playing Joan Jett in the Runaways biopic, I died a little inside. I never felt that at the thought of any HP actor's future roles.
over a year ago Pensieve_Seeker said…
Umm...Lindsey12343...How should I break this gently? The word is retarded, not retarted.
over a year ago LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Lol, Pensieve_Seeker- that was exactly what I was thinking. ;)
That's odd. I could have sworn I typed out 1234.
i'm the one who's "retarted" now. i didn't even notice. I thought something was wrong though... i'm retarded. sorry
over a year ago rekkashien said…
i love harry potter and i HATE twilight, the ONLY thing i didn't like about HP was the epilogue
cool
Oh well, I'm with you Rekkashien! I didn't find the epilogue that great either... =/
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE EPILOUGUE?! SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT!!
The epiclougue wasn't the best, but it was better written thae "young adult vampire romance novels".
^puts it in timeout... lol jk
um the Epiclogue was just rushed. thats all
But it was still in HP, so it's still awesome. X3 DREAM ON, SMEYER! CAN'T BEAT HP! Oh, wait... It does not do to dwell on dreams and forgot to live.
1577. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has received an Academy Award nomination for Best Cinematography, whereas New Moon has received four Razzie nominations for Worst Supporting Actor (Robert Pattinson), Worst Screenplay, Worst Screen Couple (Kristen Stewart and either Taylor Lautner or Robert Pattinson), and Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel.
over a year ago FIALMOIVLEY said…
heart
Kaaay, we have 1577 reasons, soo, I think it is safe to say Harry Potter is MUCH better then twilight ! (L):)
mischievous
1578. Dumbledore dissed Twilight before it was even made. Smeyer based it on a DREAM and "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"--take that mofoz!!!!!!!!
over a year ago ABDCFan- said…
big smile
1579. Jacob Black...Sirius BLACK. Leah Clearwater...Penelope CLEARWATER. The same surnames was pointed out by another user, but i don't think it's on here, so i thought i'd put it on. :D
over a year ago mmariadarlingg said…
1580. harry potter is actually worth reading.
link
over a year ago Mrs-Grint said…
1581. Wizard Rock PWNS TwiRock. Nuff said.

1582. Does Twilight have it's own fantastic, quotable, hilarious musical? Yeah, that's what I thought.

1583. The word 'Muggle' is now in dictionaries. Rowling MADE a word. Did Meyer do that? No, she didn't. Uh huh. Burn.

1584. Rowling doesn't stuff her religion down our throats, unlike Meyer. Putting names together (Renee + Esme = Renesmee) is what mormons do. Stephenie Meyer is a mormon. Also with the whole 'marriage before sex' thing. Again, mormon.

Harry: Wa wa wa my life is sad.
Hagrid: UR A WIZARD!!
Harry: :D
Ron: OHMYGOSH!! HARRY POTTER!!
Harry: AH!! GINGER!
Hermione: I like burkes =D
Ron: I <3 YOU.
Hermione: 0.0
Sirius: Hai!
Harry: Hai!
Sirius: *is dead*
Harry: =(
Dumbledore: *is dead*
Harry: Wa wa wa my life is sad again. I haff to go kill Voldemort, gaizz.
Ron: I haz to come wiv u, rite?
Harry: kk :D
Ron: Oh noes. This is boring. Bye goizz.
Hermione: T.T
Ron: I'm back!!
Harry&Hermione: =D
Harry: I haz to go back to Hogwarts, rite??
Ron&Hermione: kk, we come too.
Voldemort: RAWR! I AM A DINOSAUR!
Ron&Hermione: *smooch*
Harry: DIE BIATCH!
Voldemort: *dead*
Harry&Ron&Hermione: YAY! LET'S PARTAY!!

Totally beats:

Bella: it's too brown!! =(
Edward: *watches her sleep*
Bella: *is not frightend*
Plot: *is not here yet*
Edward: OMFG!!1! I WUV YOU!!
Bella: TWOO WUV!!1!!
Edward: btw, I'm a vampire.
Bella: Kewl. Shexxi.
Edward: =D
Jasper: NOM NOM NOM NOM!!
Edward: I haz to goes now. Bye bye.
Bella: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Jacob: Ur my BFF!
Bella: U2!
Jacob: I like 2 b topless. PS. I am a werewolf.
Bella: YAY!! CRAZEH MOTORBIKE!!
Jacob: *rips shirt off*
Bella: 0.0 =P
Edward: I is back, marry meh?
Bella: Hmm... OKAY!
Plot: *hopeful* Is this a sign of me?
Bella: OHMYGOSH!! BABEH TIME!
Edward: Angst, angst, angst!
Bella: AHHHH! BABEH COMING!!
Edward: *nom nom*
Jacob: OHMYGOSH!! I WUV U!!
Renesmee: BLOOD!! BLOOD!! BLOOD!!
Bella: I iz a sparkly vampire too!! =D
Plot: =(
Edward: Ova stuff happend but watevas.

Once again, nuff said.

1586. J.K. Rowling has her own lookey-likey barbie doll. If that isn't making it, I don't know what is.
last edited over a year ago
cool
Hahahahahahaha Mrs-Grint! That was hilarious! xD
1586. I knew of Harry Potter before I liked it. And I knew that, at first, it was a book series and not a movie series.
I had NO idea that Twilight was a book before the movie. I herd a friend talking about the Twilight book and I was like "what? its a BOOK?!?!?! I thought..." Thus Toilet sucks
over a year ago BumbleBee23 said…
monkey
When I was just a Harry Potter fan, my IQ was awesome! When I started liking Twilight, it dropped like crazy. When I went back to Harry Potter it went back up again. Coincidence? I think not!
^of course it wasn't!
1587. link

this link was pretty cool. the uptop ones mainly relates to this forum but whateves. its cool
over a year ago peaceoutsuckaz said…
i think Bellatrix should update her song from "I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!!! HAHAHAHA!" to "I KILLED JACOB BLACK!!! HAHAHAHA!"

also, if SMeyer compares Edweird and Bella to Romeo and Juliet, wouldn't they both be dead????
^i really wish they were
over a year ago teamedwardgirl said…
angry
TWILIGHT FOREVER.YOU CANT POSSIBLY THINK THAT HARRY POTTER IS BETTER THAN TWILIGHT.IM PISSED NOW.IM VERY UPSET.
TWILIGHT FOREVER.YOU CANT POSSIBLY THINK THAT HARRY POTTER IS BETTER THAN TWILIGHT.IM PISSED NOW.IM V
Stephanie Meyer STOPPED WRITING Twilight back in 2005 when it was published.
over a year ago XDRoseLuvsHP said…
teamedwardgirl: I JUST told HP fans at the Twilight board not to do exactly what you just did. If you think Twilight is better, at LEAST have the decency to SUPPORT your reasoning.

And by the way, you spelled STOPPED incorrectly, not to mention all the other obvious grammatical inaccuracies in your image. "Stopped" is not that hard of a word to spell. Just letting you know. You also spelled "writing" incorrectly and you have capitol letters randomly placed (Teen age, which is actually one word, in case you were unaware, and Dead). The words that actually SHOULD be capitolized are not (im, id)

Good job. You've just proven to me the level of your intelligence. (The image, the immature response on your part, the complete lack of support for your point... not helping you very much).

Sorry, I know this was kind of harsh, I'm just really pissed off tonight. Please respond in a mature fashion the next time you invade the other spot's forum. Thank you.
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
teamedwardgirl, could you please support your point? Thank you.
over a year ago MissDK said…
lol teamedwardgirl. Really? you would kill yourself if the Twilight series was not written? Now that just shows what a sad, pathetic life you are leading. Oh man, this was good.

Oh look, after 7 books of HP, one of the most amazing things that EVER graced the fantasy litterature, no HP fans thought about killing themselves because the series ended. And no HP fans with respect for themselves would make their whole life equal to a fictional story or a book no matter how AMAZING this book was.

So that image you posted here on the HP thread just proves that you think of your life no more than you think of a stack of paper. Well done, my girl :)

And Mrs. Grint, LMAO!!!! xD
That is SO hillarious. Hahaha.
last edited over a year ago
lol, I think teamedwardgirl just supported my point, rather than her own.
big smile
Also, Mrs. Grint, that was insanely hillarious! I actually laughed out loud when I read it (which was bad as my family gave me a funny look) :D
over a year ago ABDCFan- said…
TeamEdwardGirl...Why did you come on here if you didn't want to be upset? Plus, we're not even 'dissing' you. We're giving reasons on why Harry Potter is better.

BTW, please support your point on WHY THE HECK Twilight is better? Thank you. (:
Teamedward girl and everyone else here. Notice she said "TEENAGE GIRLS" not "Boys, girls, women, and men". That just shows how broad an audience Twilight reaches
cool
TeamEdwardGirl:
One: It's spelt STOPPED.
Two: It's spelt WRITING.
Three: You're proud to say that you would die without a piece of crap?! =O
What will become of this generation? *Sigh* xD
over a year ago potterrox said…
I was originally going to respond to teamedwardgirl but everyone else said it all for me. oh and does anyone know if the harry potter theme park is open yet? we might be going to florida
potterrox, as much as we want it to be, alas, it is not. Hold off on florida for AS LONG AS POSSIABLE
over a year ago Confuzzle said…
big smile
Just saying TeamEdwardGirl....you spelled "right" wrong.

1588. Harry is a person. A real person. He can't always control his temper, but that just proves he's human (ish).
over a year ago DivyaHarry said…
1589: Did anyone take off their shirts in HP? I don't think so. But it is still fantastic and the guys are really hot. Sirius is the really good looking one. Did you see him take his shirt off. HP relies on logic and love rather than shirtless guys from Twilight movies. Put their shirts back on and lets see the LOVE from the twi-tards.
big smile
1590: Edward Cullen vs Severus Snape. Snape wins, wands down.
1591: Its not Edward and Jacob that people like, its Pattinson and Taylor. Whereas we love Harry Potter and Daniel, Ron Weasley and Rupert Grint, Hemione Granger and Emma Watson etc etc. We love the wizards and the muggles who play them.
1592: Bella just wants to be immortal. She doesn't love Eddy-pants or whatever. Sounds like You-Know-Who.
DivyaHarry. especially Severus/Alan!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago imawesome34 said…
1593. i'm not sure if this has been said cuz i dont have time 2 read the whole list but:
Hermione is not a Mary-Sue
over a year ago potterrox said…
@imawesome- 1594: Neither are any other HP characters