Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 751-800 of 54807

over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
1401. Have you ever seen someone wearing an anti-HP t-shirt? (*cough*BuffyStakesEdward*cough)

1402. What kind of HP candy can you get? Fizzing Whizbees, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, Chocolate Frogs, Fudge Flies, Blood Pops, Drooble's Gum, Jelly Slugs, Acid Pops, Cockroach Clusters, Ice Mice, etc. And Twilight? Those chalky little hearts that nobody likes. POTTER WINS AGAIN.

1403. When's the last time Harry tried to rape someone? *remembers the countless times Bella tried to jump Edward's bone...s.* ;D

1404. Hermione Granger was a great role model. She's smart, she's brave, she stands up for her friends, she's not the most gorgeous person ever (which makes her human)... I could go on for ages. Who wants to be like Bella? "i du, cuz she getz edward!" is not a valid reason.

1405. Most HP characters are fully clothed for the duration of the books/movies. ;)
over a year ago DracoFanGirl said…
Reply to 1405: With exception to GoF. XD
over a year ago haropuff95 said…
and the coming Deathly Hallows*spoiler*-the Locket Scene..
I think I'm a good Occlumens,its hard for people around me to know what I'm thinking(like Sev) but some says I'm absent-minded (hey,Luna!):D
last edited over a year ago
Oh, right...And the *spoiler* King's Cross scene. After Voldemort "kills" Harry.
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
Hence 'most'. Plus, that's not why people want to see it (unlike New Moon, which is being called the 'naked werewolf movie' by some). ;)
*facepalm* My mum's gonig to see it...It sickens me... She better taking me to see DH part 1 this year!
over a year ago potterrox said…
just wondering what are they going to have as the climax of DH part 1? Im mentally reviewing the book and it seems like the oly action-ey scenes are the battle of hogwars, gringotts and possibly the lovegoods. all of which are in the latter half of the book, again except the lovegoods. oh and godrics hollow. I guess I'm just hoping they don't insert a scene that wasn't in the boook because they need a climax.
Well, we're HP fans, so surely we'll find the first part entertaining enough?
over a year ago LoveforSeverus said…
Well guys *whips out wand* if any Twitard comes back I'm ready. And i was just wondering if any of you know when they're cutting DH pt 1. Just is it before or after *SPOILLER* Dobby dies? I need to know how many tissues to bring. But pt 2 is going to be awful. *SPOILLERS* Sev is going to die, Bellatrix is going to die, the Dark Lord is going to die!
over a year ago LoveDraco123 said…
cool
I read somewhere that they were going to end the Deathly Hallows Part One where they get taken to *Spoiler* Malfoy Manor. But, many fans argued because they thought that would be too much of a cliff-hanger. And I agree, there aren't many action-y scenes in the first half of the book... but I also agree with DracoFanGirl, if we're Harry Potter fans, we'll enjoy it anyhow. =P
I'm just hoping they don't leave out Mrs. Weasley's line. BEST LINE OF THE WHOLE SERIES!!!
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B!TCH!" Hahaha. xD
over a year ago -ToujoursPur said…
LoveDraco123:
THEY WOULDN'T DARE NOT TO SHOW ME MY FUTURE HUSBAND'S HOUSE!
Ahem, I've heard that Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (Part One) will be cut down at chapter 23 of the book: "Malfoy Manor", while the second part will continue right where it has been left.

Reason 1406: I remember... um, MTV Music Awards... I think? Kristen Stewart, Taylor Launter and Rob Pattison came there, and Kristen was all: "I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE TEAM ACOB OR EDWARD I TTLLY LUV YOU!". My point being: WHAT THE FÜCK MADE HER THINK THAT EVERYONE WAS A TWILIGHT FAN TO BEGIN WITH? A lot of Harry Potter actors/actresses are known for other parts, other important parts. [Helena B. Carter being the greatest example], while nobody KNOWS Stewart was in a rather charming movie called "Zathura". That's why these current idiols will evanesce right away.
haha. they better not. LoveDraco123- I think you're probably right that seems like a good place to end it, after all a cliffhanger ending ensures that people will see part 2.
LoveDraco123 thats good. Ok so no tissues. Were good :D thanks for the help!
over a year ago peaceoutsuckaz said…
cool
1407. I think the fact that the Twitards immediately compared their "saga" to HP proves how AWESOME the Harry Potter series is.
Yeah, they have to include Mrs. Weasley's line and *SPOILER* Neville cutting Nagini's head off with the sword of Gryffindor. And The house-elves running around stabbing D.E.'s in the shins with knives. X3
cool
Oh and ALL Harry and Ron's fight. i mean ALL of it! ALLL! =P
Yes, ALL of it. And teh drunk guys telling Hermoine to "ditch ginger and come have a drink." And they better include ALL of "The Prince's Tale". i know we at least get the part where Sev takes Lily's letter.
Yes, ALL of it. And teh drunk guys telling Hermoine to "ditch ginger and come have a drink." And they
cool
And Fred's death even though I HATED it. *Sniff*
Actually, MAKE THE MOVIE EXACTLY AS THE BOOK! xD
They should do that for once!
smile
Exactly!!! Not put random chapters in random places. But if they eff up "The Prince's Tale" someone is going to die! *cough DAVID YATES cough* And besides, the screne needs more Severus Snape/Alan Rickman!!!!
Severus needs more attention! And they better get his death right! Nagini'll have to kill him, if he's killed any other way, David Yates will defiantly be dead!
cool
I hope David Yates reads this one way or another. Because if he has made ANY mistake such as leaving out one of the AWESOME scenes or changes one of them, we're coming after him. Agree? xD
Agree. I am very bitchy about all things Severus. Which is why ARickman is so awesome. I can't find fault in his acting. But i will be more than ready to find fault with DYates if he messes up his death. Nagini. *kill*
Anyone have Yates's e-mail address? I'll have to find it, and tell him all of this. Yeah, I get b*itchy about Severus too. I have a HP trading card with him on it, and the artist drew him with brown hair. I was so p*ssed.
cool
SUE THE ARTIST, DRACOFANGIRL! I mean, oh my GOD! Snape's LOOK is with the black hair- how could ANYONE change that? Pfft. *Rolls eyes* xD
over a year ago DracoLove777 said…
Remedial Potions sounds delightful but like you said only if Draco barges in! I'd keep failing if I knew Draco would burst in everytime. Or if Snape finally gave up and said he was going to be my tutor from now on! Wow I wouldn't be surprised if Draco had a bigger fanbase than Edward. He's sooooo much hotter! I'm usually not one to fall head over heels for a fictional character(or any real guy, for that matter) but Draco had my heart from the beginning!

Which gives way for another reason why HP is better than TS.

Edward's first impression is like: Your'e super hot, have amazing vampire powers, you're hot, you sparkle, you break into your girfriend's house and watch her sleep, you're hot, etc. What don't you do? Seriously, get a flaw.
Draco was like: Super rich, popular with the ladies, a total prat, good looks, etc. He doesn't seem to have many flaws at first but then in Sorcerer's Stone, he totally freaked out in the Forbidden Forest while Harry and Ron were like "Pff". Total chicken. WEAKNESS!!!! The in HBP it was like BOOM! Emotional breakdown! WEAKNESS!!!!!! Malfoy has more flaws making him more likable. So yeah more likable characters.

Wow, I really have to pay more attention in Potions so I don't mix up so loopy potion again and have Snape force me to drink it.
yes dracofangirl. SUE THAT ARTIST!
snape? brown hair? pssssh. And DYates can't change the Kings Cross chapter. I love that. I could do without the epilouge though.
over a year ago ParamorePotter said…
The movies will have every detail, since it's two movies! Just saying, the boston science museum has the BEST HP exhibit. it has real props and clothing from the movies. the only thing it didn't have was luna's clothes. I was pissed. But, the rest is awesome.
that makes me want to go to boston. did they have the ford anglia from book 2?
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
THEY CALL THEIRSELF AN ARTIST?! How could they change that?! The black, greasy hair is practically a copyright! SUE HIM! (or her, but I hope not)

DracoLove777: I would like to point out that I don't think Ron was in the Forest with them, just Hermione, Neville, Draco, and Harry. Oh, and Fang and Hagrid.
yep. Ron got bitten by norbert(a) and was in the hospital wing
Check it out: link It says Severus's birthday is January 9th! So now its official and all.
LilysLittleTwin: Thank you for correcting me! Like I said, not too good in Potions! Crap I'm gonna be late for Remedial Potions... and
Draco.
1408 (I think). Twilight fans have resorted to stealing OUR insults and using them against us. Here's an example from nessienjake, see if it looks like an anti-twilight insult:

1. mhhm your a immature 13 yr old who is being anti...k go ahead waste your life! (Okay, that's only kinda, but still.)

And then there's this:
'mhhm i hate her(Lavender Brown)'

nessienjake, don't sue. Go ahead and make fun of me (but remember, I enjoy it), but please, DON'T SUE!
1409: We notice when they mess something up HP-related. Twitards are waiting for Jacob to take of his shirt.

Looked at the card. It's drawn by someoen named Scott M. Fischer. I offically hate him. James Bernardin also drew Hermoine with BLONDE hair. And there's not one card with a red-head! Where the bloody Hogwarts are the Weasleys?!
over a year ago -ToujoursPur said…
hmmm
I swear that IF they take off:
1) The Prince's Tale.
2) Lily and James's Death.
I'll honestly have to KILL whoever directs the second part of the movie.
I think that The Prince's Tale won't be cut, as its' really important... but Lily and James's death will, I fear. I cried at that part.
Oh, and Bellatrix Lestrange dies. Molly kills her. They have to show this important part of that important character, and if they show that part they should show how it happened. It happened that Molly shouted: "Not my daughter, you ßitch!" and that's what they'll show. :(
Joanne is a nice woman, I bet she'll include that part.
cool
WHAT? Hermione with blonde hair? No, no, no! That doesn't go! And no Weasleys? DracoFanGirl, you need to do something. -_-
Oh and I hope that they don't cut Snape's line, "Look at me!" xD
And I figured out what the climax of the first part might be... the part where Harry and Hermione go to Godric's Hollow. And also the Doe Patronus scene... hmm, well, the first part has enough scenes too, i guess. =)
Yeah. I'll have to fidn pictures of the cards on Google or something, to show you.
Here's the Severus card: link

Hermoine card: link
over a year ago Kellykoo1 said…
angry
see, i believe harry potter is a great series, and i happen to be in love/obsessed with Rupert Grint; but idk, at first i hated twilight just because the movie sucked horribly. i think any harry potter fan acctually hates twilight, at least the movie. something i finally noticed is that most people seem pissed at sumit for taking their preciouse Cedric and turning him into a vamp that 'died' of spanish influensa. now i must say that the whole twilight vs. harry potter is just completely even just like my opinion edward vs. jacob and harry vs. draco. i like jakes bod, edwards teeth(vamp freek before twilight, so dont judge), i prefer Rupert Grint(Ron Weasley) before any other harry potter character and i think that Robert Pattinson is a hearthrob to some only in twilight because some girls like boys who 'sparkle' which in my opinion is just gay. DracoFanGirl, please i beg you not to call me a twitard, it is just not right, have you even read the books? seriously dont judge people by what they read, or better yet (dont judge my pun here please) dont judge a book by its cover. there are some who enjoy both series's and there are others (you)who need to get a life. i am currently reading Breaking Dawn and am not able to finish the series because people like you are always saying things about it. what would you do, if a 'twitard' started insulting harry potter and that caused J.K.Rowling to not write the seventh book and just ended up deciding to leave you hanging and cut off the end of the series with Dumbledore dying and harry never being able to find the last horcrux? think before you type, and read before you judge, bitch!
hmmm
I was talking about the RAPID FANS who wait for someone to take of his shirt. I've read Twilight. I didn't like it at all, so I didn't bother to read the rest of the books. And I DO NOT need to get a life. I have one, mind you. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm alive. And I'm pretty sure Joanne would finish the books. She has loads of fans.
smile
DracoFanGirl i think thats why i hate Twilight most.

1409. HP fans don't FREAK over our actors and can tell that although they can play them well, they aren't the actual person (i.e. I'd NEVER call Alan Rickman "Severus") (and yes i did have to use AR cuz i love Sev and AR)
over a year ago Sugartooth900 said…
1410.Harry Potter's just plain better than Twilight
kellykoo1: I believe that YOU need to get a life, and I believe that HP>Twilight. And those are my opinions. Now for facts:

1. The series is finished. Yes, as much as we hate to admit it, the wonderful world of Harry Potter is over. That means that JKR has already released the last book. In fact, she did so in 2007, at least in the USA.

2. You are a Twilighter. Twi-tards are the rabid fans that type 'OME!!!!1!! EWARD IS SOOOO HAWST!!!!!@!', and Twi-hards are the fans that threaten your life if you even utter a small sentence against Twilight. See the difference?

3. We couldn't care less if you liked Twilight. Go ahead, just don't threaten us okay?

There, I think I covered most things.
over a year ago dobbyssocks said…
A few days ago my mom was reading the newspaper. After reading one page the gave it to me. IT was the top ten movies of the year (that were in theater). New Moon was on that list. How terrible! Is this guy is crazy. Even some twilighters say that the movie was cheesy in most parts. But the worst thing was that HBP was NOT on that list, AT ALL. I would hid if i were that guy, cause he is in trouble
over a year ago sixela said…
laugh
55. its just plain awsome n some people only like twilight because thers hot guys big wup! HArry Potter rox!
dobbyssocks-WHAT?! I'LL MURDER THAT GUY! AND TAYLOR WHATSHISNAME FOR BEING ON THE NEWS FOR HAVING A SHIRTLESS APPEARENCE IN NEW MOON! THAT'S RIGHT, YOU'D BETTER RUN, PERSON!
cool
Kellykoo1, we've already got a life- I think you are the one that needs one. Not all Harry Potter fans hate Twilight- some people actually like it but prefer Harry Potter more. And the books are finished and there were many people who considered Harry Potter books 'evil' before the series was even finished! But JKR kept writing for the people who actually liked the books! So even if some people had criticized the series, she wouldn't have stopped.
And excuse me? We have read the books! We know everything about them, apparently- that is the reason we are on this forum. I'm wondering now whether you have actually read the whole forum- apparently some of us HP fans have read deeper into Twilight than most Twilighters. That is why we are criticizing it so much because we have understood it better than most people. Noticed and observed the flaws in the plot.
And I think that last line...
"Think before you type," would be better aimed at you. G'day.

Dobbyssocks- Hahahahahahaha! Really? Then the guy NEEDS to see some good movies. New Moon? I fell asleep while watching that crap! But we really shouldn't care because on many other lists such as on MSN.com and critics' best movies of 2009, HBP is in them! And the official RottenTomatoes has obviously given it higher ratings so why bother! =)
I have read the Twlilight books and I personally have my own opinion you, kellykoo1, are entitled to yours. Just keep it clean and don't insult me. And I agree with LoveDraco123, that because HP fans aren't so blinded by the "hotness" of Edward and Jacob we make much better judges of what the books are really like. We aren't so in love with harry/draco/severus/ron that we think they have no faults.
1411: The people in HP are human and they have weird little quirks and things that they do that are uniquely theirs. (Luna Lovegood!!)Unlike Bella who is a blank slate readers can project themselves onto