Harry Potter Vs. Twilight Ideas for the continuation of the Twilight movies or TV show.

goodtimes posted on Jan 15, 2012 at 04:27AM
Most of us have probably heard the news by now about the Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment merger, and Lionsgate wanting to make more Twilight movies. A lot of people are saying this is a bad idea, but I don't think they're giving it much thought.

Sit down and think. If you were working for Lionsgate and you were assigned to develope the next Twilight movie or a TV show, what would you consider? It's for the fans so Ignore your bias personal opinion if you have one, they'll fire you if you suggest a hateful parody.

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cassie-1-2-3 said…
Honestly, I don't think it would be so bad of an idea. Partially because I'm a fan, and partially because the idea has potential.

From what I've read, the most common concern, besides all the "I hate Twilight!! I don't want any more Twilight on this planet!!", is that the story would not be Stephenie Meyer's and would just be an immitation of her work. The secondary concern is that the entire original cast is not likely to sign up for another movie or television series.

I don't think this would be an issue if they created a miniseries revolving around the backstories of each character.
Alice in the insane asylum
Carlisle and his religious background
Jasper in the American Revolution
Edward and the Spanish influenza
Bella and Jacob as littel kids making mudpies
Carlisle living with the Volturi
Possibly James and his hunting trips
Rosalie and the Great Depression
Jane and Alec being burned alive
You get where I'm going.

Each episode would be about a different character, so getting the original cast wouldn't be such a longshot. Each actor would only be needed for a short time, evry once in a while. Peter and Robert would probably be featured in the most episodes.

It would still be authentic because these are stories Stephenie Meyer thought up.

That's just my take on the situation.
over a year ago theelderwand said…
Yeah if it was a prequil miniseries that would be better than a full length movie (i won't see it anyway) but they should do justice for the fans because if they screwed up HP more than David Yates did i would get angry (if they decided to do this for HP)
But overall i am gaainst it the Twilight series has run its corse and hsn't finished yet, they just want more money than what the need from this series.
over a year ago youknowit101 said…
What Cassie said is good.
over a year ago karinawhitten said…
smirk
It was
over a year ago traceyhp said…
If Robsten, Taylor, and Kellan reprise their roles for this continuation, then it might be a good thrill for the majority of fans of Twilight. But the casting shouldn't be a problem for the stories the saga finally gets to tell. And even though I am not a fan of Twilight, I agree with Cassie's views on this. :P