Greek Mythology Your opinion on "Percy Jackson and the Olympians", a Greek and Roman mythology revival

daydreamer505 posted on Aug 25, 2022 at 10:50AM
If you like it, let me know what made you a fan. If you don't like it, what made you dislike it so much then? Goes for both the books and the movies.

Greek Mythology 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago daydreamer505 said…
hmmm
Too much violence for my taste. I know there's a violence to some degree in all those ancient myths, much like some stories for kids, like "Hansel and Gretel", but this was too much. My friend told me about the first movie. He knows how much I like the Greek mythology. I ran out of the movies as soon as they start fighting with swords. I left my friend right there, at the movies. He told me it was all about Greek mythology, but now I know better. Never read the books myself. If there was more falling in love, and less fighting, then I might even like it. I like the PJO characters, just not the story. Too much death, too much violence, too much bloodshed, if you ask me. More love, less death! That's what I would like to see.
last edited over a year ago
sad
I like the general idea, a concept of young demigods running around in our modern world, the offsprings of ancient and long forgotten deities and mere mortals, all those demigods with superhuman, almost unlimited powers and divine abilities, just not the story itself. I don't like violent movies. Having basically everyone wearing a sword and then getting into a sword fight with their enemies is not something I would ever call normal. Love can be a much better weapon than any sword.
last edited over a year ago
meh
How come there's no son of Eros who could make the enemies fall in love with his special powers? He could also make them reach a climax right there, in public, instead of going to a battle. That would make much more sense to me.