Fanpop Cheating the Fanpop medal system

kathiria82 posted on Mar 12, 2008 at 04:28AM
I didn`t think this was a good soapbox topic but one good enough to post here. I`m so disgusted at how users have been earning medals by cheating. OMG you must be wondering what I`m talking about or why I would jump to such accusations. Well it`s not so hard to see that some people will add things to spots and then voila, it`s all rated by more than 1 fan in less than a day. At first I just let it go as fans finally rating but it`s getting so ridiculous. I know for a fact Fanpop is aware of this issue so it`s hilarious that users are so pathetic and still doing it. I will not name people because you know who you are. I really don`t appreciate it because when I create a spot I do rate everything people add. I don`t think it`s fair when users create 45676456 fake users in order to rate their own stuff. I wasn`t going to post this but I just noticed it on the Kristen Stewart spot which is a spot I created. A user on there has all their contributons rated by 4 or more fans and the things were just posted. How is it that only their stuff is rated and no one else`s? Smells like BS to me. I know we ALL enjoy earning medals so stop being so pathetic and at least tell your mom to join so she can rate your stuff not a ghost rater.

Fanpop 45 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...