FanFiction.net Introduce your fandom

MrsSiriusB posted on Aug 26, 2011 at 07:56AM
Introduce what fandom you write for.

1. What fandom do you write for? (If you write for multiple fandoms, choose one, please.)
2. Things you like about that fandom.
3. Things you dislike about your fandom.
4. What is something that you could change about your fanfic community that you write for?
5. What will we find a lot of stories of in your fandom?
6. Is your fandom a big community or small?

If you don't want to answer one of the questions, that's fine. No pressure. xD

save

FanFiction.net 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago MrsSiriusB said…
big smile
1. What fandom do you write for?
- Harry Potter

- The different types of plot that goes around, and to be honest, the thing I like the most is how nice and friendly most of the readers/writers are.

- Mostly all the overused ideas, like the ones with intelligent, powerful Harry, who pretty much borderlines a Gary Stu. Plus, waayy too much slash/femslash for my taste.

4. What is something that you could change about your fanfic community that you write for?
- Nothing, really. I like the HP fandom the way it is.

- Everything. What you will find less of is the more odd and less known pairings, but other than that, there's plenty of every kind of stories in the HP fandom.

- Um, it's HUGE. It's the largest fandom in the entire ff.net and probably the entire fanfiction world.
over a year ago hinataxneji1 said…
My Babysitter's A Vampire

Everything.

I don't think there is something I dislike.

I don't know, I can't think of something. I like my fandom.

Well, almost anything.

It's kinda small, but It's ok.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago EppofangirlXD said…
1. What fandom do you write for? (If you write for multiple fandoms, choose one, please.)
The Penguins of Madagascar

Everyone's so friendly! And everyone knows everyone, though it's a bit different now. :p

The very young people, 12 and below and such. They write crappy stories. In fact, there are a lot of bad stories these days...

I would probably delete all the bad stories, and maybe get the forums and communities up and pumping. Because those are pretty dead.

You will find A LOT of OC and self-insert stories, and a whole lot of truth-and-dares, too. There are some of humanized stories, but not much pairings stories these days unlike last time. The pairing with the most fanfics (also the most popular pairing) is Skilene. (SkipperXMarlene)

I don't know. Big, I guess, with over 1600 stories.
over a year ago huddygirl2 said…
Doctor Who
How amazing the stories can be.
How stupid they can get.
Loose down some Rose/Ten(The ship is cute but the story is done and the die hard fans brother me.)
shipping.
huge very huge not as huge as HP but still.
over a year ago wildcannabis said…
South Park
It's easy to write about the kids at any age due to the cannon show having them as 8-10 year olds (so there are basically no definite romances/concrete aspects of the characters' lives)
The amount of subpar/terrible stories out there. The larger fandoms such as Harry Potter have a slew of really great fics, but since we're smaller, there are fewer for us.
I'm not really sure. I suppose I could try to support the best of our writers to try and improve the overall fandom
As far as pairing: Style, Creek, Candy, K2, Bunny... as far as topics, mainly high school settings, romance-driven stories, partying, sex, to a lesser degree drugs/alcohol
Small-ish but growing
over a year ago FonzFan82 said…
1. What fandon do you write for? (If you write for multiple fandoms, choose one, please.)
Happy Days
It's easy to keep the originals in character when I write but I've always thought it was fun to have your own cast of characters based on the original TV show from the 1950s show the creator himself had created and I did and my own characters act just like the show.
I don't like what some of the authors have chose to write about the originals like your favorite character being gay/lesbian, even if the plots were good.
I don't know. Maybe taking out the gay stories out of the fandom.
5. What will we find a lot of stories in your fandom?
Hard to say. Some like to pair them up and in mine I don't.Topics depend on what story you're looking at, I guess.
Small: Nearing 70 stories but growing if you count crossovers.
over a year ago sesshyswind said…
Q.. What fandom do you write for?
A. I write for the Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho anime/manga crossover fandom.

Q.. Things you like about that fandom.
A. Well it’s the stories, I love both series to death and the characters. Its fun to see what kind of stories other people and I can come up with when the stories are merged.

Q. Things you dislike about your fandom.
A. Well there’s a few things that I find disappointing about this fandom. 1# All the darn Kagome fan fictions. When considering all the likely possibilities all I see is this. About 90% of stories in this fandom are YYH/Kagome I hate it. She is my most disliked Inuyasha character. 2# an abundance of crack pot parings and OOC-ness 3# a complete disregard to canon law and structure, fans write pretty much whatever they want regardless rather it complies to canon-logic.

Q. What is something that you could change about your fanfic community that you write for?
A. I would love to see fewer Kagome fics and more serious stories based on the Three Kings Saga, or just more serious stories in general.

Q. What will we find a lot of stories of in your fandom?
A. Well there is that over abundance of Kagome shipping with pretty much anyone under the sun, and other mixed matched parings. Shipping is a main interest in this fandom. It’s mostly filled with overzealous fan girls writing about their favorite bishi.

Q. Is your fandom a big community or small?
A. It’s pretty small-ish, I’d say, medium maybe. At least it feels that way, though it does have over a thousand stories.
over a year ago Bond_Of_Fury said…
I'm currently writing for the Pokémon fandom.

There are a LOT of characters to write about (hello, 400+ Pokémon!)

It's difficult to make Ash Ketchum into a likeable character, so I'm just not bothering >.<

I find the whole 'Pokéshipping' a little ridiculous. Pokéshipping is making a couple of two of the most unlikely characters you'd think of. It might show your creativity, but I'm personally not too fond of it.

The build-up of friendship between Pokémon and their trainers, what makes the show so very cheesy and gives it its charm. ;)

Quite big. Not Twilight or Harry Potter, or perhaps Kingdom Hearts-big, but it's up there with Naruto and Bleach as largest anime community.