Ender's Game Ender in Exile

heeeresjoyce posted on Aug 31, 2008 at 05:19PM
Apparently he's coming out with another book. Here's some info about it from the Wikipedia article:

Ender in Exile is a yet-to-be-published science fiction novel by Orson Scott Card, which will be a prequel to Speaker for the Dead.

Very little about the book is known at this time; Card announced it, along with Shadows in Flight, all that has been published on this book is it will take place about 2600 years before Speaker for the Dead and about 400 years after Ender's Game. It is not known where this book is in relation to "Investment Counselor". However, it is likely that it would be after the story Investment Counselor, due to the relative age of Ender in the rest of the series. It is also known that the planet Ender visits was founded by Achilles de Flandres II, also known as Randall Firth, the son of Bean and Petra. He was one of their nine embryos which was implanted into a woman named Randi, who believes the child to be Achilles'. Although not confirmed, it appears that Achilles de Flandres II has Anton's Key turned. There has also been speculation that the title of Ganges might have some thing to do with Virlomi. Also noteworthy: in Xenocide, Valentine and Miro refer to experiments performed by Gangean Hindus with regards to the nature of philotes.

At this time, the expected release date is November 11, 2008.
save

Ender's Game 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago heeeresjoyce said…
I found a picture of the book cover, which I posted in images. Here's another summary, this one from Amazon:

Orson Scott Card returns to his best-selling series with a new Ender novel.

At the close of Ender's Game, Andrew Wiggin – called Ender by everyone – is told that he can no longer live on Earth, and he realizes that this is the truth. He has become far more than just a boy who won a game: he is the Savior of Earth, a hero, a military genius whose allegiance is sought by every nation of the newly shattered Earth Hegemony. He is offered the choice of living in isolation on Eros, at one of the Hegemony’s training facilities, but instead the twelve-year-old chooses to leave his home world and begin the long relativistic journey out to the colonies. With him went his sister Valentine, and the core of the artificial intelligence that would become Jane.

The story of those years has never been told… until now.
over a year ago dramallama56 said…
I think this might be the only book non-shadow series that I'll read. I don't care past the point of Ender in Space and once he lands not so much. I mean I've tried to read those books and they were okay but I couldn't finish them.
over a year ago heeeresjoyce said…
Yeah...even if I hadn't read the Lusitania Trilogy, I'd be interested in how Bean and Petra's kid turned out.
over a year ago Ravenclaw2001 said…
I loved Ender in Exile! I loved Alessandra's defiance to her mother!