Dylan Dog Comics Should there be a Groucho Marx character even in the US version?

BJsRealm posted on Nov 12, 2017 at 11:24AM
Although Groucho Marx has been protected by the US copyright law, one must always keep in mind that Dylan Dog was written in Italy, therefore in Europe, where the US copyright law simply doesn't apply. His character was replaced by Felix, yet somehow I prefer a much more interesting & a lot funnier Groucho. The purpose of this forum is to establish what does the majority of Dylan Dog's fan all over the world thinks on this subject, therefore the question from a title stand.

Dylan Dog Comics 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BJsRealm said…
smile
I believe there should be. Hope I'm not the only one. Groucho is one of a kind & Felix is just a copy! I prefer the original, therefore I'd pick Groucho over Felix anytime, so here's a picture of Groucho just for you. Hope you like it. P.S. This is NOT a photo, but a work of art!
last edited over a year ago
I believe there should be. Hope I'm not the only one. Groucho is one of a kind & Felix is just a copy
over a year ago superboy16 said…
smile
I think there shouldn't be any American version in the first place because Dylan Dog belongs to Europe, not to America but if there's already the American version than I think Groucho should definitely be a main character even in America.
last edited over a year ago
I think there shouldn't be any American version in the first place because Dylan Dog belongs to Europ
over a year ago Zagi87 said…
smile
Of course there should! Felix is no match to Groucho! Why did they even replace Groucho with this Felix character for an American version of Dylan Dog comic books?! Anyway, here's my answer: a picture of Dylan and Groucho, working together, as a team. He's not only Dylan's personal assistant, he's also his best friend. They belong together! They should stay together, even in the American version.
Of course there should! Felix is no match to Groucho! Why did they even replace Groucho with this Fel
over a year ago DylanDogFan001 said…
smile
Of course.
Of course.