Doctor Who Interview

PurpleStar17 posted on Oct 24, 2013 at 04:26AM
Hey guys I'm writing an article for my high school about the rise of fandoms and about them. I want to get interview from as many different fandoms as I can. Can you please help me make that possible? Maybe even spread it to any friends that you think would like it.
The interview usually takes around 20 minutes, although I've never done it online. It would be questions like: "What are your favorites things about it?","What made you interested in it originally?", "Who are some people from the fandom you share news with or talk to about new episodes and such?" or, "What are some of your favorite sites to visit about your fandoms interest?"
I think I'll post my questions on here, and you guys can post you're answers or send them to my inbox if you want.
Also, I will need you to inbox me your real name because my teacher wont let us use "anonymous". Sorry. :( I might be able to get away with first name and last initial though; I have to ask.
I'd really love any help though because I know it could take my article to the next level to get people outside of school and make it great!

Doctor Who 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TARDIS-Granger said…
I'd like tod do that
PurpleStar17 commented…
That would be really awesome! You can post your answers or send them to me. over a year ago
over a year ago PurpleStar17 said…
Great news: my teacher said I can just use your usernames! For your replies, I need your answers preferably by Monday but Thursday at latest. You can send them to me or post them. Here’s how it works:
Just answer, but make sure it’s stuff you’re comfortable with being published! Also, since anything you say is stuff you said EXACTLY, I can quote you on it. If you don't want me to quote you, tell me and I will do an indirect quote instead. (so instead of: “Being in a fandom is great!” she beamed, it would be: She enjoys being in a fandom.) Or if you ask, I won't put it in at all.

1. What got you started? (Did a friend show you?) Did you fall in love with your fandom’s object slowly or just suddenly become a huge fan? Describe what happened, because everyone has a unique story.
2. What is your fandom like?(How would you describe it to someone who’d never heard of it?)
3. Describe your fandom in one word. (anxious, determined, stubborn, wierd, crazy, awesome, etc. A list of adjectives helps give me ideas when I’m stuck. www.enchantedlearning.com/wordlist/adjeeec­­t­­i­v­e­­­sfo­­­r­p­e­­o­­pl­­­e.­s­­­ht­­m­l­­)
4. What are some stories you can tell? Stories about you staying up late to watch a new episode with your friends. Stories of the time you stood in line for hours just to get a book. It can be funny, sad, anything.
5. What are some of your favorite online sites to visit (Type name and send link please) for:
For pictures
For news updates
For other
6. Who is your main enemy fandom (If you have one. Maybe a competing show?)? Have you gotten in a fight with any of them, real life or online?
7. What are some challenges you face? (Not being able to meet your idol, writing fanfics and getting writer block, etc.)
8. When something happens in the fandom, like a new episode comes out, who would you usually go talk to about it with? What would you usually say about it? (Talk about the plot or about the actors?)
9. If you could meet your favorite person or character, what would you say to them?Why? (Maybe you would just stand there and scream, or give them a hug.)
10. Do you like being in the fandom? The general opinion of fandoms they cause the fans to go from casual fan to hardcore internet fan and it takes over their life. Is this true for you? Do you spend most of your time in your fandom, absorbing every detail, whether looking at pictures, reading fanfics, or watching videos?
Are you happier now, or would you like to go back to not having a fandom?
11. What fandoms do you like and not like? Why?
12. Do people you know or at people at school pick on you about being a fan? What have they done or said? How did you feel?
13. Who was your favorite doctor and why? WHo was your favorite companion and why?
14. Do you ship any couples? (Shipping is when you support or really want two people to be together. RelationSHIP, get it?)
over a year ago TARDIS-Granger said…
1.i was surfing Netflix and I found the show. I thought it looked cool and and well...the rest is history
2. The show is beautiful. It's amazing.it can have adventure romance and some frankly terrifying episodes.it can be tragic or hilarious. The fandom tries to take that and tell more people about how...cool it is. We-Whovians- are like family. When you meet someone else who likes the show you instantly find someone in common. I have found some of my best friends this way.this Fandom truly is wonderful
3. Fantastic!
4. I remember a few moths ago I had a sleepover with my friends. We where out of new episodes to watch so we stayed up ALL night watching classic Doctor Who. We slept all day of course.
5. TARDIS data core
6.we don't really have an enemy fandom although we do argue quite a bit about the best companions and Doctors
7. Probobly havering people hate one of the doctors. I mean there the same person really
8.I would talk to my best friend Alysha Probobly raving about pretty much anything.plot charecters what we liked or didn't like.....anything about the show really
9. If I met the doctor I would pretend not to be freaking out and try to get him to let me travel with him
10.i love being in the fandom. It is getting to the level of obbsesion where I can't think of anything else and it's hard to think of other things. I do spend a lot of times on the internet looking at doctor who stuff. That's just me though you can be in a fandom without being obsessed with it. And no I definitely wouldn't change being in the fandom,I love it.
11. I like my little pony and harry potter fan domes very much as well. I don't dislike any other fandoms I try to love and tolerate everyone even if I don't agree or like what they like
12.naw my school is pretty accepting
13.i like all the doctors they are the same person after all. For companions rose because I can really relate to her.she is a lot like me I think
14.ohho don't even get me started
over a year ago DW_girl said…
smile
Ok, I'll help you.
1. My parents introduced me to it. 'Smith and Jones' was the first episode i watched, and the show instantly became my new love!
2. The whovians are truly lovely people and I have made new friends through the fandom, epecially on Fanpop. You guys on Fanpop are amazing people!
3. Brilliant!
4. I got so scared by that Lazarus creature in 'The Lazarus Experiment' and I thought i heard it breathing in my sister's bedroom, only to find it was a breathing baby Annabel doll!
5. Doctor Who TV, Doctor Who clubs on Fanpop, Official BBC Doctor Who site.
6. I don't think we have one really. But as for me, I really hate reality TV shows!
7. People who don't like Doctor Who or go on about it like they know everything, but in reality they don't have a clue!
8. I would just talk about it to any one of my whovian friends. We'd just talk about what we think will happen, and if we like certain characters or episodes.
9. If i met the Doctor, I would be the happiest person in the world and go travelling with him.
10. I am obssessed with Doctor Who, and all this brilliant fandom stuff online makes it hard not to be obssessed. But when it comes down to it all, the thing i cherish most is actually watching the show.
11. I like Harry Potter, Merlin and Sherlock most. As i said before I dislike reality shows, like TOWIE and Geordie Shore.
12. No not really. I am a bit of a closet who fan at college- only my closest friends know i love it. But the majority of people i know love Doctor Who anyway, although some people think i'm a little 'sad'.
13. Favourite Doctor: Ten, because he was my first doctor and will always be my doctor. Favourite Companion: At the moment its Donna, but it changes all the time. I just love The Doctor and Donna friendship, and their funny remarks at each other.
14. Ten/Rose- their relationship is just so beautiful! Amy/Rory, but they are already together, so..

Ok, so that's it! I hope i was useful! :)