Doctor Who for Whovians! Did she or didn't she? (Did Rose Tyler fake a fainting spell?)

ktichenor posted on Jan 19, 2014 at 05:16PM
Okay I've seen the episode New Earth lots of times but recently I noticed something. Towards the end where Cassandra leaves Rose's body to enter Chip's body which leaves Rose to faint into the Doctor's arms twice (some girls have all the luck) but I wonder does she faint? I never noticed it before but I think it's possible Rose was faking her fainting spell just to check out the Doctor some more. Here's why I think that. The first time Cassandra enter Rose she was in there a long time but after Cassandra temporarily left Rose she was still able to stand on her own with no dizziness and she was just fine despite this happening to her several times then when the Doctor just happens to be close by Rose is suddenly not okay, second it was revealed from inside her head that she's been secretly looking at the Doctor, third faints twice but falls lower the second time which looks a bit suspicious cause' it looked more like a squat than a fall to me but even if she was faking a fainting spell can't really say I blame her. I know I would if given the chance but this was something I just noticed and I wanted to know if anybody else sees it. If you can get hands on this episode watch it very closely and judge for yourself and let me know what you think. :))

Doctor Who for Whovians! 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DW_girl said…
I watched New Earth on Thursday and I noticed it too. I think it was done to make it more dramatic and to make Rose's and Ten's romance more evident.