These are the Disney Classics that I think have not gotten the attention that they deserve and I think that these classics should get more attention. These are NOT the Classics that have necessarily gotten the least attention, but this is a top ten of classics that need more attention in my opinion and need more acknowledgement. I will put my full rank backwards to forwards, and then for the top ten I will add pictures. These are ONLY of Disney Classics (and The Princess and the Frog).
Not Underrated At All: These films have gotten the attention they deserve, but they certainly don't need any more.
28. Aladdin (Has lots of attention)
27. The Lion King (Has an enormous amount of attention)
26. Beauty and the Beast (Has an enormous amount of attention)
25. The Little Mermaid (Has lots of attention)
Not Underrated: These films I think have gotten the attention they deserve.
24. Mulan (High box office success, and Mulan's induction into the princess line).
23. Tarzan (Not really underrated in my opinion...very well received and had a musical for a year)
22. The Princess and the Frog (Lots of marketing attention, but then again brand new... it might not be fair to rank right now because it is so new).
Mildly Underrated: I think these films do need some attention that they don't have, but are not in dire need of it.
21. Cinderella (A favorite of mine, but Cinderella herself has plenty of prominence among the Disney Princess line and her film definitely is well known, it's just sometimes forgotten from what I've seen compared to more modern Disney movies).
20. Pocahontas (Maybe I should have it higher, but here's where I put it. Too negatively received by critics, but Disney really wants to market this film, they have a large portion of their Fantasmic! show on it and they added Pocahontas into the Princess line.... not to mention that she had three DVD releases in ten years.)
19. Hercules (Has a relatively large fanbase, and had a television spinoff series...but still, more underrated than all but The Hunchback of Notre Dame in the Renaissance in my opinion.)
18. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Has a lot of lovers and haters. It has quite a lot of attention, but still, it's Disney's first film, and should have a bit more attention in my opinion. Cinderella often takes some of Snow White's light in my opinion.)
17. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (Sometimes a bit forgotten apart from Cruella De Vil. Needs a little bit more attention, but critics do treat it well and it had a live action remake as well as lots of spinoff items during that time.)
16. Bambi (Only a little bit underrated, it is definitely well known and loved by some critics, but is forgotten on sites such as Fanpop.)
15. The Jungle Book (Fairly treated, and their songs seem to be always treated well, and critics like this movie. If anything, not as prominent as those below it on underratedness scales).
Moderately Underrated: These films should have more attention than they do in my opinion.
14. Robin Hood (Has some individual lovers, but as a whole, the film is quite forgotten.)
13. The Black Cauldron (Needs more attention, I'm not sure if I've even heard of it before I got online (I might have watched it, but if I did, not in a long time.) Needs MORE ATTENTION, and is often completely forgotten among Disney films).
12. The Great Mouse Detective (Generally a forgotten Disney Movie from what I've seen... needs more treatment, Ratigan has a great voice!)
11. The Fox and the Hound (Extremely bittersweet, yes, but should have more attention... the movie has a lot of society messages of tolerance).
10. Peter Pan- A clever, witty film that inspires the imagination. A very fun film!
9. Sleeping Beauty- A true fairy-tale film with a message of good and evil. Often overshadowed by Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty needs more attention in my opinion.
8. Lady and the Tramp- A sweet romantic film filled with emotion. Often overshadowed by 101 Dalmatians, and needs more attention.
7. Pinocchio- Apart from the story, the animation of this movie is truly wondrous! And it was done entirely by hand, with no help from computers!
Very Underrated- Forgotten all too often, these Disney films REALLY need more attention in my opinion.
6. The Sword in the Stone- Needs to have more attention, Merlin is a fun character! And also, I love "That's What Makes the World Go Round".
5. The Rescuers- Should have A LOT more attention. Very sad and emotional movie at parts, and Penny is so brave and she makes you feel really sorry for her!
4. The Hunchback of Notre Dame- A dark Disney film, yes... but has a lot of great characters, including (in my opinion) Disney's most evil villain.
3. Alice in Wonderland- Disney's funnest movie in my opinion, it is completely psycho!!! And that's what makes it truly wonderful- it stands out, and is very funny and imaginative!
2. Oliver and Company- Very underrated. Has an excellent soundtrack, an orphan's tale, a very cool dog, and a cool feel throughout the movie.
1. The Aristocats- Extremely underrated in my opinion. It has attention, but it doesn't deserve ratings often near the bottom it gets sometimes... in my opinion, this is a great (or at the very least near great) Disney Classic.