Disney Princess Fanpop's Favorite Disney Princesses 2019! [CLOSED]

MaidofOrleans posted on Aug 15, 2019 at 12:59AM
All right guys - let's do this! This was something I wanted to do before going on hiatus, and I saw a wall post recently that someone was hoping this would be organized, so I thought I'd better take my chance! I want to do things a little differently this time around though...

You will not be submitting your favorite Disney Princess list. Please don't, I won't accept it.

Instead, please rate each of the Disney Princesses on a scale of 1-20. 20 = love; 10 = neutral or mixed feelings; 1 = hate

I want to do it this way because I think it will be a more accurate reflection of what we collectively think of the DPs. I think we can all agree that we love whoever's at the top of our lists, but opinions on people's least favorite princesses can widely vary. Some people hate their least favorite, others are neutral toward her, and some even like their least favorite, they just prefer the others. Also, this allows people who don't have a favorites list to participate, and allows people to list ties between princesses. I'm doing a scale of 1-20 rather than 1-10 because it allows for a bit more nuance.

Rules:
1. You must rate each of the 12 official Disney Princess, including Moana.
2. Ratings for Anna, Elsa, or any other unofficial princesses will not be counted.
3. You may assign the same rating to multiple princesses, i.e. ties are allowed.
4. Comments/explanations are greatly appreciated for use in the culminating article but are not required.

I remember past collaborative articles where users signed up to make headers for each of the princesses, and I'd like to do that here. If you'd like to make a header image for a princess just reply to the forum saying who you'd like to be assigned to. You can sign up for up to 3 princesses. Headers will be assigned on a first come first served basis. Your header will be credited to you in the culminating article.

Header Images:
[x] Snow White - cruella (completed)
[x] Cinderella - cruella (completed)
[x] Aurora - Swanpride (completed)
[x] Ariel - tiffany88 (completed)
[ ] Belle
[x] Jasmine - tiffany88 (completed)
[x] Pocahontas - tiffany88 (completed)
[x] Mulan - Swanpride (completed)
[x] Tiana - cruella (completed)
[x] Rapunzel - Swanpride (completed)
[ ] Merida
[x] Moana - KataraLover (completed)

[x] indicates a header has already been assigned to someone.

Due date for all DP rankings and header images is 9/14!

Here are some past articles if you're new, or if you just want to take a walk down memory lane:
link
link

Was there one for 2017? I couldn't find one... If so please let me know and I'll add it above.

I haven't decided yet how I will calculate results. Results will be determined either by the median score for each princess or total combined score for each princess. Not sure which would be better. Open to suggestions. :)
last edited on Sep 15, 2019 at 11:00PM

Disney Princess 35 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago MaidofOrleans said…
My rankings:

Belle = 20
She's so wonderful. I love her imagination, her thirst for adventure, her refusal to be content with a quiet life, not to mention her ability to see beneath the surface. She's so brave, and I just adore her.

Moana = 19
I'm so glad she's been added to the lineup! What I like most about her is that she has this huge desire for adventure and exploration, but also values her home and family and wants to return there eventually. We don't really see that in any of the other princesses, most of them who want to leave want to leave permanently. I connect with this part of Moana and it's a big reason why I like her so much.

Tiana = 19
I wish I had Tiana's drive and work ethic. I definitely look up to her, and I love how her dream is this huge tribute to her father. She doesn't take flack from anyone, stands up for herself, and knows exactly what she wants in life.

Merida = 18
Merida makes me smile, it's as simple as that. She's crazy and wild, but also learns from her mistakes and owns up to them. It's nice that we have a princess who's not interested in marriage. I think she's severely underappreciated, and I really adore her.

Mulan = 18
Mulan's a badass. She's so brave, and I love her devotion to her family. Her transformation is one of the best of all the DPs.

Cinderella = 17
I like Cinderella's little touch of sass, but she's also such a sweetheart. I slept on her for way too long, so glad I realized my mischaracterization of her.

Ariel = 16
My childhood favorite. <3 I just wish she learned a little more from her experiences, if so then I could rank her higher. She's still great though! I connect to her a lot at the moment because I'm trying to move to a country where I don't speak the language.

Aurora = 15
I love her elegance and sense of duty. Unfortunately, her lack of screentime makes her fall just a little flat for me, so I only like her, I don't love her. She's still a sweetheart though.

Jasmine = 15
I feel like Jasmine talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. She's super active up until the guards capture her and Aladdin, and then she gets a bit boring imo. I love her in the first part of the movie, not as much in the rest. She has some great lines though, and I like that she's sassy and sexy. (Just edited this to bump her up a bit. I read MissCinico's comment on her in the previous favorites article (2018) and was reminded of some other things I like about her. Although I still wish she acted a bit more on her threats, I can see how this is an act of maturity on her part.)

Pocahontas = 14
I really love her personality, but the historical inaccuracies keep me from ranking her any higher. I'm always super conflicted about her. I see a lot of myself in her. But she's so disrespectful to Powhatan culture...

Snow White = 13
She's so sweet and cute! I like how she takes charge and bosses the dwarves around. Unfortunately, I wish she actively pursued her dream more, which is why I can't rank her any higher.

Rapunzel = 11
I have mixed feelings about Rapunzel, but I think I like her overall, which is why she's sitting at an 11 rather than a 10. I just feel like Tangled is trying really hard to get me to like her, and that bothers me a lot. I like that she's artistic and curious about the world.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ApplesauceDoctr said…
Ooh, interesting format! I'm excited to see the results of this; I think the point system will better capture how liked each princess is.

Snow White: 17
...Probably one of the most charismatic princesses, in my opinion. Has a positive outlook and a good heart; it's really difficult not to like her.
Cinderella: 13
...Perfectly pleasant, but some of the others are more interesting to me.
Aurora: 15
...I've grown to like her a lot. Extremely pleasant personality and is really a sweetheart.
Ariel: 14
...Very fun personality. Even though she doesn't have much of a character arc, it's easy to get invested in her and her story.
Belle: 16
...She embodies a lot of positive feminine traits without coming across as feminist, which I really like. The voice work by Paige O'Hara also adds a lot to the character; she makes Belle feel real to me.
Jasmine: 12
...I've fallen out of love with Jasmine as I've gotten older, though I don't mind her. I like that she's both strong and outspoken, but also has a soft side, like her being a romantic.
Pocahontas: 06
...The voice work on Pocahontas (speaking voice, that is) is so drab that I find her character really dull. Very difficult to get invested in her.
Mulan: 16
...Mulan feels very human to me. Trying to do what's right, wanting to be someone will make her family proud, and not sure how to do that, disappointed in herself, but musters the courage to do what no one else in her time would...DANG. She's great.
Tiana: 18
...Still my favorite. Another case where the voice work adds a lot to the character, making Tiana not only feel real to me but also feel like someone I'd want to know. I admire her hardworking nature of course, but also love the subtleties and fun side to her personality.
Rapunzel: 17
...The strong female character, but not overtly-feminist character that I didn't realize we had. Combined with her extremely sweet and bubbly personality, Rapunzel's a real joy to watch on screen.
Merida: 09
...Her flaws do make her rather relatable, but also rather unforgivable.
Moana: 08
...Still just not that fond of Moana. I feel like the creators were trying to make a character who would appeal to the masses by giving her very safe flaws and a very familiar headspace. She doesn't stand out to me.
over a year ago sunnyfields said…
Snow White = 18 (She is optimistic and kind, despite being a little bossy at times. I like how she was considerate to apologize to the animals for scaring them, and she was kind enough to offer a drink to the evil queen in disguise. She stayed positive and optimistic that everything would work out in the end and that she would get her happily ever after, which is admirable.)

Cinderella = 17 I love how kind and hopeful she is. She stays obedient and respectful, despite how her stepfamily treat her. I like how she rescues the mice and loves animals. I don't, however, like how she sometimes complains about things, but I do understand her situation. I just prefer characters that stay more positive despite their situations, like Snow White did.

Aurora = 18 (She is mature, sweet, curious, shy, respectful, obedient, and intelligent. She notices when the fairies want to surprise her, but she goes along with it. She also is curious about how animals live and how birds each have a soulmate (remember she has never met a man in her life up to this point, but she figured out the concept of love and romance, which I think is very intelligent and observant. Aurora also states that she wants to be independent and make her own decisions. That is not something a passive character would say.)

Ariel = 17 (I love her hopefulness, energy, curiosity, and that she also collects things like I do. I just dislike how she doesn't think through her plan, endangers her people, and leaves her family at the end.)

Belle = 7 (I like how Belle doesn't judge based on appearances, but she does look down on others for thinking differently than she does. She doesn't stay optimistic when she lived in the town. She was only complaining about her circumstances instead of making the best of her life.)

Jasmine = 17 (She is very witty and intelligent when she figures out who Aladdin really is and goes along with his plan to save her from her hand being chopped off when she takes the apple. I wish she wasn't so blunt and rude at times, though. She could easily be calm and tell the suitors that she disproves of them, but she rather would yell at them and have her tiger humiliate them, which I feel is not respectful. I like when characters are kind to those who are unkind to them, otherwise they are just as bad as their abusers, in my opinion.)

Pocahontas = 19 (I like how wise and understanding she is. She is curious, kind, and mature, yet she knows when to have fun and be playful, too. I relate to her indecisiveness and curiosity about the world and that she loves nature and defends animals.)

Mulan = 15 ( I like how loyal, brave, and family oriented she is. I just don't relate to her bravery, which sets her down a little in my favorites list)

Tiana = 5 (I like her work ethic, but her pessimistic outlook on life was not fun or interesting to watch. I understand that she changes her ways, but the majority of the movie I was left siding with Naveen during their disputes, and he wasn't much better than she was as he was a spoiled prince.)

Rapunzel = 20 (Positive qualities: Rapunzel is intelligent, optimistic, creative, honest, kind, friendly, and talented. She sees the best in others and always looks on the bright side of things. She sees the beauty of nature and the world and she explores it, despite her fears and hesitation. I relate to her relationship with Mother Gothel due to being sheltered and told that I am too naive and the world is too dangerous and will not accept me the way I am. I also relate to her awkwardness, her indecisiveness, and wondering when my life will begin.)

Merida = 2 (She harmed her mother without thinking things through, and then tried to blame her mother for everything. Merida didn't think through her plans before making a deal with a witch, just like Ariel, but she shows no remorse for the vast majority of the movie and at the end, I still don't fully believe that she was sorry. I think she would do it all again if her mother didn't change her point of view of the arranged marriage.)

Moana = 10 (Moana is a good character. She is brave, intelligent, and humorous. I like her loyalty to her family. I just feel she is pretty basic in terms of personality and character. It seemed like her personality is similar to other princess characters, so it doesn't feel new or original.)
over a year ago BB2010 said…
Snow White 18
I love love how sweet and gentle she is and I think it’s funny how her age kinda shows with how bossy and naive she is.

Cinderella 16
Even after everything she’s been through she’s still so kind to anyone who needs her help, even when it’s her stepsister and she still holds onto hope and dreams.

Aurora 10
I like her appearance and singing voice, but since she doesn’t have a lot of screen time she doesn’t have too much of a personality except just being a dreamer and dreaming about meeting someone.

Ariel 20
Her singing voice is my favorite in the Disney Princess franchise and I love her curious and adventurous personality. Even without having a voice for some of the movie, it doesn’t stop her from being this adorable, curious, energetic girl who wants to see more of the surface world and marry Eric

Belle 15
I prefer remake Belle over original Belle. While original Belle is beautiful and doesn’t judge others by their appearance and is quick to stand up for herself and the ones she cared about, the way she treats people when they’re not interested in books kinda makes me want to roll my eyes. The way she reacted to Gaston being rude about her reading is one thing, but when someone is clearly busy at work and she shrugs and rolls her eyes that’s another thing

Jasmine 16
Jasmine doesn’t take bs from anyone and is kind. However, there are times where she seems too aggressive like when Jasmine tricked Aladdin to reveal he was the boy from the marketplace, instead of going “How are you alive?” she just yells at him for lying to her. She has every right to be upset but she was mourning him a couple days now, shouldn’t she be relieved that he was okay?

Pocahontas 10
She’s wise and stands up for what’s right but she’s a bit dull.

Mulan 20
She uses her brains to overcome obstacles and to win the war rather than just fighting and even when she’s kicked out of the army she doesn’t hesitate to run to them to tell them the Huns were still alive.

Tiana 15
As someone who has worked two jobs, had to watch other people get what they want when they barely work, and made a wish only to get so totally screwed over, I can understand Tiana’s point of view of wanting to achieve her dream through hard work and her frustration when someone looked down on her.

Rapunzel 20
She’s adorable, energetic, adventurous, and curious. Even when she’s scared she still stands her ground, even against some ruffians and thugs and then later her abuser and kidnapper Mother Gothel

Merida 8
She doesn’t think things through and doesn’t take blame until it’s too late. She gave her mother a cake she got from a random witch in the forest and when her mother became a bear she blamed the witch instead of taking any responsibility.

Moana 15
She’s adventurous and while she wants to travel on the water and see more of the world, she chooses to stay with her people and to train to be chief. When her home is in danger she gets to work immediately on doing everything she can to save her island and her people
over a year ago tiffany88 said…
I can do a banner for Jas & Poca <3
MaidofOrleans commented…
Great thanks! I'll put you down for them. over a year ago
Jasmine 20
Pocahontas 18
Tiana 18
Ariel 17
Belle 15
Aurora 15
Mulan 14
Cinderella 11
Rapunzel 10
Snow White 10
Merida 8
Moana 5
over a year ago wavesurf said…
Er. Not sure how this works, but all right....

Ariel 20
Mulan 19
Cinderella 18
Pocahontas 15
Jasmine 14
Snow White 13
Aurora 12
Rapunzel 8
Merida 6
Moana 5
Belle 2
Tiana 1

I don't like the moderns much. They are... as Sunnyfields said-- "pretty basic in terms of personality and character." For example, when I look at them---Tiana is your basic Workaholic, Rapunzel is your basic Miss Popularity, Merida is your basic Misfit, and Moana is your basic Wallflower. It's too easy to see what Disney has done with "block characterization." These characters aren't as complex, anymore. Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and Moana all do multiple things that "stay right in the audience's comfort zone." This gives them legions of fans--- but unfortunately, this makes them all unoriginal to me, and they fall at the bottom of my list. And, er, I've not liked Belle since I was around 8 years old, and I am getting into my late 30s as we speak. Like Sunnyfields said, Belle annoys me with her constant pretentiousness, and I've never liked her story arc for its departure from having siblings, a more involved/ less stupid father, and the general less mysterious/non-magical quality of falling in love with someone who is volatile ( which is what happened in the original tale, and why it's not among my favorites at all).
MaidofOrleans commented…
Let me know if you have any questions wavesurf! Happy to help if you're confused on how it works. :) Thanks for submitting your rankings! over a year ago
over a year ago LMH5113 said…
Snow White 12
Cinderella 18
Aurora 15
Ariel 16
Belle 19
Jasmine 14
Pocahontas 15
Mulan 19
Tiana 13
Rapunzel 20
Merida 16
Moana 15
over a year ago JNTA1234 said…
Okay here we go

Moana-5
If Rapunzel was written to be "flawless" but wasn't necessarily written to be a "role model" and Tiana was written to be a "role model" but wasn't really meant to be "flawless". Moana is a combination of both, just this perfectly sculpted ideal symbol, resulting in an obnoxious cookie cutter and quite frankly boring character. All those words we love to use on previous princesses like "idealized" "mary sue" "generic" "unoriginal" etc. I feel like those terms can all be applied tenfold to Moana. Honestly, other princesses probably have less likable qualities and have committed less favorable actions that warrant a negative reaction, but that's the thing, at least it's a reaction! Moana makes me feel nothing.

Merida-9
I used to have a more aggressive reaction to her, because of the malice intent behind her creation but that's kind of an issue with the revival era in general now. I got over it and realized that there is a bit to like about her. She did something horrific but she redeemed herself and she has one of the better character arcs of the princesses. The only other issue is that I'm simply just not as attached to her as the first ten princesses. And yeah, there is still a part of me that thinks she doesn't belong in the lineup.

Aurora-12
She's sweet obedient hopelessly romantic and makes a stroll through the woods more entertaining than it sounds but unfortunately, her reduced screentime will always put her at a disadvantage.

Belle-13
She is snobby but the townspeople are stuck up jerks and while she is poised and classy, she's not just gonna let people treat her however they want. Actually, the more I think about it, the things I once disliked about her are becoming what I like about her.

Rapunzel-14
I always found how she grapples with Gothel's mental abuse interesting and I actually relate to how she's constantly second-guessing herself. I agree it is a bit offputting how she seems to get away with certain things because the film doesn't really portray her as wrong though.

Pocahontas-14
Her duality of being wise and wild makes her interesting but the beauty of that duality diminishes as the conflict of the film sets in motion. Her heroic actions do make up for that but it would have been nice to see her get a few more breather scenes to let her be her fun self.

Snow White-16
Just because she was written with old fashioned values, some people dismiss that as something 100% negative but she has a lot more strength and nuance to her than people would want to believe. Her optimism is exaggerated but otherwise, she's a fairly rounded out character with spunk and tenacity.

Tiana-16
I get the issues people have with her but the positive outweighs the negative for me. I don't relate to her work ethic but I do relate to her desire to prove herself and having your heart set on something you're really passionate about. And I guess I just understand where she's coming from in everything she says and does.

Ariel-18
A spoiled irresponsible self-absorbed brat yes but also a bubbly, adventurous and tenacious individual with an extremely relatable desire.

Jasmine-19
With a fiery personality and a quick wit, she's a thrill to watch and the only reason she doesn't get one more point is that it's not her story.

Cinderella-20
An inspiring, amazing, relatable character

Mulan-20
An inspiring, amazing, relatable character...who also kicks butt.
AdelitaI commented…
"Her duality of being wise and wild makes her interesting." That's what I adore about her! over a year ago
Jas <3
Jas <3
Poca <3
Poca <3
@MaidofOrleans: If you need help with the others just note me :))
JNTA1234 commented…
Excuse me but....why don't just do all of them? lmao over a year ago
tiffany88 commented…
Read the rules darling.... lmao.... over a year ago
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks Swanpride! I would like to keep it open to other users for a bit, just in case there are others who want to make images who haven't seen the forum yet, but if no one else signs up after a certain point then I will let tiffany do them so that, as you say, the styles will all be the same. over a year ago
over a year ago Swanpride said…
Maybe you should request that everyone lists the Princess ratings by order of their appearances, that will make it easier for you to sort out the ratings later.

I'm ready to do two headers if there are still any left when everyone made their claim.

And here is my list:

Snow White 12
Cinderella 18
Aurora 14
Ariel 15
Belle 19
Jasmine 12
Pocahontas10
Mulan 20
Tiana 13
Rapunzel 20
Merida 3
Moana 13

The middle rankings are still very hard.

Do you need comments/thoughts too?
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thank you for submitting your rankings Swanpride! I will make a note that you want to do a couple headers regardless of princess. I'm actually keeping an Excel sheet with everyone's rankings (I am such a nerd lol) so it is fine if people submit them in any order they want, whether it is chronological or by favorite. Thank you for the suggestion though! Comments/thoughts are not required but are appreciated. I realize not everyone has time or energy to write them up. over a year ago
over a year ago magicworld_88 said…
Snow white : 13 she is sweet but i dont like how bossy she can be. She is no the most interesting princess for me.
Cinderella : 16 i love how strong she is her sarcasm and her kindness. She is also very elegant.
Aurora : 19 i love how regal , graceful and elegant she can be. She is mature , i like how she decide to invite philip at her home instead of running away with him. She has also a funny, flirty , and fanciful side of her personality that i love.
Ariel : 19 i love her funny personality she has also a lot of flaws that makes her unique gor me
Belle : 11 i dont find her that interesting her. For me belle is just like bella from twilight a characher who doesnt have that much traits in order for the audience to relate to her. Even belle main trait " read books" is something a lot of people from the audience do.
Jasmine : 17 i used to not like that much jasmine because i tought she was rude but not anymore. I like how rebelious she can be and i think just like live action jasmine she has a lot of concern for her kingdom and would make a great ruler.
Pochaontas : 12 i like her maybe a litte too spiritual for my taste.
Mulan : 18 love her she seems to be reserved , sweet, not very confident and this is refreshing for a female character that is suppose to go to war.
Tiana :15 i like her a lot , her personality how determined she is , her love for her father , she is maybe just a bit too much serious for me.
Rapunzel : 19 again love her personality she has a similar personality to ariel
Merida : 10 i dont like what she did in the movie i find her personality a little annoying.
Moana : 15 i like her but i feel like she has nothing special she is the the typical heroine who go on a journey.
AdelitaI commented…
Love what you said about Mulan! over a year ago
over a year ago AdelitaI said…
Snow White - 12( sweet and admirably resilient but not exactly interesting to me, same with the rest of classics)
Cinderella - 10
Aurora - 9
Ariel - 6( neither particularly admirable or relatable, overrated in looks department but I'll give her points for starting new trend and serving as inspiration for many of 90s animated heroines)
Belle - 16( my most nostalgic DP and one of the most relatable ones)
Jasmine - 5( gorgeous design but I see some traits I hate about myself in her, although said traits make her kinda revolutionary)
Pocahontas - 20( love her passionate and loving nature( which is especially during in Colors of the Wind, my favorite DP song), love how she is playful and childish but at the same time wise and philosophical, admire her selflessness)
Mulan - 18( relatable, most tragic DP from the saddest DP movie, love how humble and sweet she is( and it's great that despite an warrior and being created in late 90s, in her attitude she is more similiar to Pocahontas and Belle than she is to Jasmine and Meg), admire how caring and protective she is of people outside of her family, her insecurity and self-hatred, however, make her a bit annoying at times)
Tiana - 20( unique personality, I admire her work ethic and since I am a big eater, I also love that she is such a great cook)
Rapunzel - 20(admirably resilient just like classics, multitalented, artistic, sweet and charming, I envy all of these traits)
Merida - 2( quite unique and remarkable design which prevented me to rate her 1 but nothing likeable about her personality, what she did to Elinor is simply horrible)
Moana - 13( based on what people say)
over a year ago WildlifeAurora said…
My Rankings
Snow White [14]
Cinderella [15]
Aurora [20]
Ariel [16]
Belle [17]
Jasmine [17]
Pocahontas [5]
Mulan [20]
Tiana [19]
Rapunzel [18]
Merida [1]
Moana [19]
over a year ago PrincessAyeka12 said…
Snow White (16)
Cinderella (17)
Aurora (17)
Ariel (19)
Belle (18)
Jasmine (20)
Pocahontas (15)
Mulan (18)
Tiana (14)
Rapunzel (17)
Merida (16)
Moana (15)
over a year ago PrueFever said…
Snow White (16)
Cinderella (18)
Aurora (15)
Ariel (20)
Belle (12)
Jasmine (19)
Pocahontas (17)
Mulan (14)
Tiana (11)
Rapunzel (1)
Merida (7)
Moana (13)
over a year ago WhiteLagoon13 said…
For me:
Snow White: 12
Cinderella: 20
Aurora: 19
Ariel: 17
Belle: 19
Jasmine: 16
Pocahontas: 16
Mulan: 19
Tiana: 12
Rapunzel: 16
Merida: 9
Moana: 10

I don't hate any of them but Merida and Moana are my least favourites. I don't find Snow White and Tiana to be the most interesting either. On the other hand, Cinderella is my absolute favourite, closely followed by Aurora, Belle and Mulan <3 :)
So, adding my thoughts about the Princesses:

Snow White, the one who started it all

On the one hand, I love that she is so kind and optimistic. She is also representing a kind of heroism we rarely see nowadays in that she isn't particularly brave, but when pushed in an unfamilar situation, she'll eventually overcome her fear.

Cinderella, the one who never gave up

Cinderella has so much inner strength. No matter how much her "family" kept tearing her down, she never stopped dreaming. And whenever she saw a chance to stand up to her family, she did. That makes her one of my favs.

Aurora, the one who dreamed

Aurora is difficult, because she isn't the protagonist of her movie, the three fairies are. Everyone else is fighting for her, but Aurora gets little opportunity to fight for herself. But I can relate to her being such a dreamer, and to her trying to do what her guardians expect of her.

Ariel, the one who stood on her own feet

I think that The Little Mermaid is actually the story about a teenager learning to "stand on her own feet". Ariel herself starts out as a kind of annoying teenager, but the conflict she fights with her father is also very familiar. And I love her energy and her desire to explore the world.

Belle, the one who found someone who understood

Belle is extremely relatable. I mean, who has never felt like like an outsider? I also like how she wants to experience adventures, but once she does, she actually doesn't really like it (at least not until the Beast starts acting more human).

Jasmine, the one who found a whole new world

I actually think that Jasmine in the TV show is a better character than the version in the movie, where she is more a side-character. It's Aladdin's story after all. But I like the feisty but also responsible version of her in the TV show.

Pocahontas, the one who listened to her heart

I personally find Pocahontas quite bland overall, but I really like that she put the needs of her people over romance.

Mulan, the one who brought honor to her house

What is NOT to love about Mulan? But my favourite thing about her is that she eventually stops trying to be a typical woman or a typical man and instead just starts being herself, using her smarts to her advantage. She is great.

Tiana, the one who got what she needed

Tiana isn't THAT relatable to me, mostly because she makes me feel lazy. But I still respect her for being so dedicated.

Rapunzel, the won who found a new dream

I just love, love, love Rapunzel! She is smart, she is exciteable, but she is also full of insecurities which she overcomes in her movie. Aside from Mulan she is the most fleshed out of all the Disney Princesses imho.

Merida, the one who connected to her mother

Well, eventually. What annoys me the most about Merida is that she first poisons her mother and then needs the whole bloody movie to apologize.

Moana, the one whe reclaimed her heritage

It might sound odd, but my issue with Moana is that she is a little bit too much like the Princesses which came beforehand. I think it is a little bit too convenient that the one thing she always wanted - sailing - is the thing she also has to do to rescue her people. I like her, but I think that with a few tweaks she could have been even more interesting.
over a year ago cruella said…
1. Snow White - 20
2. Cinderella - 16
3. Aurora - 10
4. Ariel - 12
5. Belle - 12
6. Jasmine - 12
7. Pocahontas - 10
8. Mulan - 15
9. Tiana - 16
10. Rapunzel - 7
11. Merida - 1
12. Moana - 4
Is it alright if I do 2 of the images?
MaidofOrleans commented…
Of course! Let me know which two princesses you'd like to do. :) over a year ago
I guess I'll do Snow White and Cinderella, if that's okay.
MaidofOrleans commented…
Great, I will put you down for them :) over a year ago
Snow White
Snow White
Cinderella
Cinderella
MaidofOrleans commented…
Beautiful! Thank you cruella! over a year ago
cruella commented…
You’re welcome. Let me know if you need me to do any more. over a year ago
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks will do! :) over a year ago
over a year ago KataraLover said…
1.Moana = 20
2.Ariel = 20
3.Mulan = 20
4.Pocahontas = 19
5.Tiana = 19
6.Belle = 17
7.Jasmine = 17
8.Cinderella = 15
9.Snow White = 15
10.Rapunzel = 12
11.Aurora = 7
12.Merida = 1
Ariel
Ariel
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks tiffany88! over a year ago
Tiana
Tiana
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks cruella! over a year ago
So...first banner is done....
So...first banner is done....
Second one....
Second one....
third one
third one
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks so much Swanpride! These are gorgeous! over a year ago
Swanpride commented…
Thanks, though I am not quite of the Rapunzel one...it is kind of weird that she looks directly out of the banner while all the others don't. But then, it is so...Rapunzel over a year ago
MaidofOrleans commented…
I think it really fits her character :) Plus I like that you used the background from the wedding because that short is so fun! over a year ago
I'd like to volunteer to do Moana
MaidofOrleans commented…
Great! I'll sign you up for her. over a year ago
Alrighty guys, submissions are closed. Article should be up in a few days - basically whenever I get the time to analyze the data. Thanks to everyone who submitted their lists and/or signed up to make a banner! <3
Moana
Moana
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks a bunch KataraLover, it looks great! over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
Thank you and no problem! over a year ago
JNTA1234 commented…
Would you considering doing Belle and Merida? (even though the latter is pretty low) I mean, you might as well, especially since that way it would be four users who did three banners each. It kinda balances out. over a year ago
Article is up! You can read it link