Disney Princess Things the Disney fandom says that you're tired of hearing

scarletunicorn posted on Oct 17, 2015 at 09:12AM
I think you guys know what this is, here is where we comment on things most people related to Disney and how it's so boring to hear them the uptenth time. You can post here anything you want, as long as it's Disney and it's something you've heard a million times.

My gripes are:

"Why aren't Meg/Esmeralda/whoever in the line!? After all Mulan's not a princess and she's in the line!"

"Elsa and Mulan are the best princesses cause they don't need no man!"

"Where is Anastasia/Thumbelina!? She was my favorite Disney Princess she should be in the line!"

"The Lion King is the BEST disney movie EVAH!"

"Did you know that in the original fairy tales Sleeping Beauty was raped/killed/whatever? Lol Disney totally sanitized those films. #mychildhooddestroyed "

"OMG This new character looks like Rapunzel! Disney is getting LAZY with the character designs!!" (while ignoring the same face syndrome that populates Studio Ghibli, Don Bluth, most anime, Tim Burton's films...)

After which i say...
I think you guys know what this is, here is where we comment on things most people related to Disney
last edited on Oct 30, 2015 at 11:19PM
save

Disney Princess 47 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago anukriti2409 said…
the praise for the classics is overbearing! They are nice but not Gods of Disney princesses line-up! #moveoninlife
AudreyFreak commented…
Lol dude I WISH the got even close to the level of praise they'd need to have it get overbearing. I am literally the only fan I've seen to praise them. Everyone else either tolerates them, hates them, or maybe likes one or two. You're free to dislike all of them completely but don't pretend the little amount of love from a tiny corner of the fandom is too much, especially while other DPs receive daily tribute for how wonderful they are (ie Belle, Mulan,Moana) over a year ago
over a year ago UnholyNoise said…
- "omgz, the renaissance was the best disney era evar!!1!"
- [insert random hate for post-renaissance heroines]
- disney stans accusing non-disney films of ripping off their formula just because they use some trope/storytelling device that is older than dirt but was popularized by disney... you know, like ragging on the swan princess and anastasia for "copying", like walt invented princess stories or something
anukriti2409 commented…
Haha! So agree on 1st and 3rd! over a year ago
over a year ago wavesurf said…
Well...ever since Frozen debuted in 2013, so began the "popular culture stigma" that the Renaissance and Classic eras are SOOOO OVERRATED!!!!!! This is what I've heard nonstop. This eventually got sickening to hear...because it was plastered all over IMDB, on tumblr, and on every other social media site, including YouTube and on Fanpop.

Other broad phrases that seemed to gall me, were:

Elsa is the queen! She's better than any of the princesses! *Insert vicious rap battles to prove point*

The Moderns are THE BEST ERA EVER!!!! Okaaaay... in only your opinion, I guess, since you continually rag on the Classics and the Renaissance for " perceived flaws" to illustrate your point of view. Anybody can do that. That takes zero effort.

Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, and Elsa are FAR BETTER characters than Snow, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan because 1) They don't need men to function, so they aren't weak ( So you now define femininity solely by portraying the other gender as awful?), 2) They don't marry ( Oh, right, because that's also a sign of weakness), 3) They own their own business!!!! (Like that was somehow novel or needed by the way, since us females have been handling small businesses for a while, thank you. ETSY, anyone? ), 4) They're stronger princesses because they actually "don't wait around" for a prince ( What the heck? ABSOLUTELY NONE of the prior princesses preceding the Moderns were shown completely sitting on their *sses all of the time!!!! How about the endless chores that the princesses did? How about exploration of forgotten rooms in castles, the sea, the land, the marketplace, and the foreigners? How about dances and balls? How about reading? Joining the godfreakin army is now equated with "waiting around"? REALLY???)

Nobody "needs" romance in a Disney princess movie. It should not be there.

along with

Family is better than romance!

^ Okay. You can quit saying "family" is better ( because it's NOT BETTER, it's just WAY DIFFERENT and platonic). Also, it's a myth to say that your family will always be alive and there for you, because we don't have eternal bodies. We die. Furthermore, Elsa was family to Anna, and Elsa seriously let Anna down, and Anna became a block of ice, because Elsa kept pushing her away. Also, some families abuse their kids intentionally. "Family members" will let you down from time to time, so why are we now constructing all of this hate for romance, and then teaching it to our kids? Family is not always "tried and true"*

"You can't marry a man you just met!" Great. Just SLAM ALMOST ALL of the characters in the entire lineup in a single go--- WITHIN A PRINCESS movie, no less!!!! This is a fairy-tale trope you are attacking. Why? Was it really harming anyone? Everyone knows it's a bleeping story; even children know that. And I should high five you? For what, exactly? Being purposely provocative? Fine. You checked that box.

*NEWS FLASH!!! Your family is going to grow up, move away from you and live separate lives, and/or grow old and sick and die. Hard facts. Family ain't around forever. Sorry to burst the bubble of your "new trope."
last edited over a year ago
scarletunicorn commented…
What I personally don't get about those romance haters and "pro-family" people is that often many families tend to be abusive and many girls/boys find comfort in their lovers/friends, which is the ideal thing. I don't get why does media and Disney treat family as if they're the holiest thing ever. over a year ago
wavesurf commented…
^ I don't get it either....because, like I said, family is not eternal. And somewhere along the line, family members definitely go their separate ways. You're more likely to run into a "potential" friend or romantic interest who is traveling along in the same direction in life as you are! That's why I find this whole "excessive family focus" to be a rather boldfaced lie about how real life works, more so than the old romance one which was purely fantastical and everybody knew it as such. over a year ago
AudreyFreak commented…
and yes, I absolutely despise the "they don't need no man" thing. that's so incredibly sexist to both sexes! You're slamming women for wanting romance and/or needing a man's help (I guess they magically never do these things?) which means they're slamming men as not being good enough to help women. over a year ago
over a year ago ajotma said…
Basically anything along the lines of Frozen stans, and some other stuff:
-"Frozen was the first Disney film to teach you that you don' t need a man to save you!"
-"Anna is such a good inspiration for feminists because she punched Hans!!1!!!"
-"Elsa is such a good role model for feminists because she didn't get married!11~!"
-"'Let It Go' is the best song in the history of Disney music and it's so inspiring :') "
-"Elsa doesn't get married so it's obvious that she's a lesbian"
-"Mulan shouldn't be in the lineup because she's not royal!!!"
-"Hans is the worst/scariest/most evil Disney villain because he tried to kill Elsa:!"
scarletunicorn commented…
Lol I always laugh at the Hans stans. I just think he's pathetic and nowhere near as terrifying as other villains. Maleficent? Chernabog? Horned King? Frollo? they all easily mop the floor with him. But people are so obsessed with Hans bc he reminds them of their ex that they stop thinking critically for a moment. over a year ago
wavesurf commented…
Hans truly is one of the most underwhelming, and worthless villains I have ever seen in a Disney movie. He was just a cardboard standee, and there to "rail against." over a year ago
wavesurf commented…
I don't owe anyone an apology here. The movie step-by-step explains to the audience that Hans is a villain ( a lousy villain imo, but a villain nonetheless). Please bear in mind, that my interpersonal experiences in life have been quite bad and different from yours, so I don't "owe you or anyone else" an apology for being able to "spot" something "bad" in Hans. Since you are going to argue "a matter of interpretation" with me, this is a circuitous argument and goes nowhere. Most people I've met in real life are duplicitous. Hans just "echos" the norm for real life. I'm done here. It's a dang movie. I'm not apologizing for a movie "that DOES SHOW Hans's character traits to the audience." I didn't write the script for this movie. So I don't owe an apology to anyone who feels "duped" by the movie. I didn't make this movie. You watched the same movie I did. So quit asking me for a misplaced apology. I won't give one. over a year ago
over a year ago Diazdiaz95 said…
Frozen is overrated.

O.k., we get it, i don't need to hear every time I see Disney fans discussing things. I've heard this just as much as the Frozen praise and I'm tired of both, honestly.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
And I'm also tired of some people insisting and trying to prove that Dreamworks or Anastasia are Disney because they most certainly are not. I see a lot of adults call anything animated DIsney and it's not like Disney has a monopoly on animation, it's annoying. over a year ago
UnholyNoise commented…
The "X is great, way better than Frozen!" stuff is so annoying. It's like people don't know how to praise something the like without throwing in some random unnecessary swipe at Frozen. over a year ago
wavesurf commented…
Can you see why I think Frozen is at the bottom of the Disney movie pile? Yeah. It's because Jennifer Lee was SO LAZY, she didn't even bother to craft a "full" story that made the characters more than one or two-dimensional. There's a lot of "guesswork" involved if you want to love Frozen. You're welcome to love Frozen, but I-- for one-- don't like my stories full of holes and non sequiturs. over a year ago
over a year ago AudreyFreak said…
You pretty much nailed it all, and wavesurf added all the ones I think that wasn't in your post. I have a few though:

-how much Disney fans seem to resent men. at least, women who receive their help. why else do they hate the "damsels" so much? which is friggin' stupid because if you don't yet realize every single heroine, including Mulan and Esmeralda and Tiana, has gotten helped or rescued by a man, you haven't been watching any movies. the only one who I guess doesn't is Pocahontas, but she was never in any real danger. the difference is ones like Aurora don't use weapons or are seen physically fighting anyone (but why would she need to?) which is what uneducated people mistake bravery for. Esmeralda is very brave, a good fighter- and gets rescued many times in the movie, more than Aurora or whoever did (not knocking her, it's just what happened). Elsa too- I'm surprised she's seen as so tough and self-reliant because she gets saved twice in the movie, and if it weren't for her powers she'd have been long dead. I hate people's hatred for women who need help. everyone needs help and you're lying if you say you don't. Men aren't evil for helping us!

-Snow White was a moron to bite the apple. I get why some people find Anna dumb for trusting Hans (though I'd never call any of the girls truly dumb), but like with Snow, people fail to see it from THEIR point of view. Both are lonely, sheltered girls who feel very unloved (much more so in Anna's case but not because she was abused/enslaved like Snow) and this led them to make some risky, impulsive choices when the opportunities presented themselves- after all, like with Ariel and Ursula, they didn't know if they'd ever have another shot at it so they took the chance. Besides, Snow IS A KID. And she was too polite to say no. is that not obvious?

-Saying Belle is the smartest solely for her hobby of reading. Belle is smart, but not because she reads and she isn't the smartest IMO. I'm really not trying to bash her here, but I do think of all the DPs she has the longest list of making unintelligent choices, and since she's much older, wiser, and more educated than Snow, doesn't make her look that good. I wouldn't call her the smartest or dumbest.

-"Anna is a Rapunzel ripoff!" of either face (which are link anyway) or personality. Even if I didn't think Rapunzel was very Sue-ish, she's still very different from Anna. Anna is too impulsive, trusting and throws caution to the wind. she's also more romantic and tomboyish and pretty selfless. they're both outgoing, sweet and warm, that's it.

-people bashing the DPs, period, as a means of praising the non-Disney girls and/or the Disney non-Princesses. I'm sick of it. OK, you don't have to like the franchise, but I think there's a good reason they have their own line and your non DP/princess doesn't. Not all the DPs or their movies are perfect but neither are your favorites. I love many non DPs/Princesses but I do think people exaggerate how great they are just as means of insulting the DPs. it's also, annoyingly, often the same dang people who complain about how their favorite isn't in the lineup. Which is it, guys? You hate the DPs or wish they included your favorite because that's the only way they'll be cool?

-people always pitting the DPs against each other in a very negative way in fan art/videos, like those rap videos- which admittedly were pretty funny and for once it was obvious the creator had actually WATCHED the movies before doing it, but it was obvious who her favorites were, and her reasons for the losers losing were kind of poor. Comparing I like doing for analyzing, but I've been trying to not do it in a negative way more. and as I've mentioned many times, it generally happens this way: older Princesses vs. basically all the newer ones. it varies, depending on whose favorite the basher is- Ariel, Mulan, Merida, even Rapunzel, who isn't THAT terribly different in disposition. a lot of the comparing seems to basically be because "well she's too girly which is weak/isn't bad-a enough for me to use as a self-insert!" This is essentially why I started loving the classics in my teens and hating the 90s girls- because 90s fans were so nasty about it.

-and, well, pretty much every mean thing people have said about the Classics but you guys have heard all that already before. It's scary how hostile, almost violent even, I've seen some people get while talking about them.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
It seems like nothing angers some people more than talking about Snow White. Once I said that she was one of my favorites and someone gave me a weird look and indignantly asked why and said "she's so dumb and her voice is annoying". *sighs*. The worst part is that some people still believe that Cinderella just sat around for her prince and stuff like that because they don't actually watch the movies. over a year ago
Diazdiaz95 commented…
Oh yeah and it also bothers me how some people are quick to call the princesses damsels while others do seem to show a certain hatred for men who help them, shouldn't a man help a woman who is in danger? They'd probably criticize them is they don't help but they also criticize them when they do help, you can't seem to please people. over a year ago
ajotma commented…
I too wish people cut Snow White some slack for eating the apple. It may have been naive but she's 14, for the love of God. over a year ago
over a year ago MirthfulMessiah said…
I'm tired of hearing that snow white was the end all and be all of Disney. That she is the highlight. I like the movie. I like her voice and her acting skills. The animation is great for the time. Yet something about that movie when I was a kid and even now make me want to turn it off. I think the story line is too flat along with the characters in it. The villain is flat, the 7 dwarfs are duller than dull even when they cry, and the prince...I know only know what he looks like and that he wanted to kiss this dead hot chick he found in the middle of the woods.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
Some people, like film historians, are always claiming that Snow White is the greatest animated film ever but I disagree. I love that movie and just about everything in it but I don't see why it's sometimes considered so much better than so many other more popular and equally good (or better) films. over a year ago
anukriti2409 commented…
i know exactly what you mean when you say " Yet something about that movie when I was a kid and even now make me want to turn it off.". Now that I know the history of this movie, I have learnt to appreciate and respect it but i can never love it. Its my least favorite films in DP line up over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
THANK YOU. I cannot count the amount of times I was called stupid for not thinking "the one that started it all" was the best. Relative to it's time Snow White was fantastic, but we need to stop pulling that card every time someone criticizes the movie. over a year ago
over a year ago shanyuisboss said…
I get this one from a lot of classic fans, and it really annoys me. While I do like some of the classics, I am more for the dark era of Disney (Black Cauldron, Robin Hood, Oliver and Company) and beyond, particularly the renassiance. However, whenever I say anything about the classic DPs or their movies being flawed, I get a lot of people going on about how "I just don't understand what a true masterpiece is" and who continue to ramble about how nobody appreciates the true classics anymore. Not so much anymore, but I used to see a lot of people on here who would kind of talk about Renaissance lovers in a sort of arrogant way, like if we believe that some of the classics are bland "we don't truly understand" or whatever. I see why some people like the classics, but just because they are the originals it doesn't automatically mean they are better than some of the renassiance masterpieces.
anukriti2409 commented…
I so agree with you. I mean Cinderella is my 3rd fav princess. whom am i to complain, but i do find this overbearing praise for classics in comparison to other era like they were the Gods and nothing will ever be good enough in front of them. I do like it in their own world and space but have't we just moved on in real life, so why can't we just do so for Disney. Give revival era break, people here take them to be so nasty, sometimes it makes me think whether they are the villain, you know what I mean. Every era has its own charm, imo. And everyone has their own liking. over a year ago
over a year ago AdelitaI said…
- Classic Era movies are anti-woman because DPs need rescuing by princes.
I don't really get what's anti-woman girl being saved by a loving gentleman, especially when it's beyond the power of any human to save himself( yeah, Snow White was wrong for being that naive but Aurora is nothing to blame for: her being hypnotized wasn't a result of any of Aurora's mistakes or flaws and it was beyond her power to save herself than). I find the idea of pairing Purity Sues with troubled, jerkish guys way more anti-woman.

- Belle is uptight/prim/level-headed/not rebellious.
Belle isn't uptight, she is at least somewhat childish. She loves fairytales and talks about them excitedly. It looks like people attribute this to her personality because books are associated with seriousness but they ignore what are these books. Yes, Belle may be relatively low in Most Childish DP list but it doesn't mean much in her case.
Belle isn't particularly level-headed and not above impulsive and risky acts. She went to the West Wing and then escape from the castle. Cinderella is more level-headed, this is why she stayed with Tremaine that long, despite getting terrible treatment.
Belle and Ariel often seem as dissimiliar DPs due to having very different relationship between fathers( and it's quite common to believe Belle would dislike Ariel because of her troubled relationship with Triton). I believe those differences are more a result of difference between Maurice and Triton who are way more dissimiliar characters than thei rrespective daughters. It's natural that Belle is less rebellious towards her dad because he isn't restrictive towards her at all. Belle clearly hates to be controlled, yelled at, commanded. Her interactions with Beast makeit clear. Sure, people tend to be more forgiving and tolerant of their parents than of strangers, especially prisoners but I don't think Belle would have peaceful relationship with Triton who has traits she dislikes about the Beast the most and also is xenophobic, predjuiced which is another Belle's pet peeve. Yes, Belle wouldn't act exactly like Ariel in Ariel's situation( she is less impulsive and risky which doesn't really means much) but she clearly wouldn't be an obedient daughter.

- All DPs should be Caucasian and flawless both inside and out! POCs ruin fairytale atmosphere!

The bunch about Mulan:
- Mulan is masculine, hates dresses, should be merchandised in the armor instead of matchmaker dress because she felt more comfortable in armor and she would hate Classic DPs.
Mulan is actually humble, polite,soft-spoken and peaceful, not brash or cocky at all. And I love it because it's not so common for female warriors and "strong female character" to have such traits.
Concerning clothing, Mulan is definetely not a person who would want to look very polished daily but she is definetely doesn't hate dresses. She didn't join army because she find life of warrior interesting and joyful. Sure, she partially joined to proof herself but that's because it's the only other way to bring honor in her society, other than please the Matchmaker. Mulan may not feel well in her Matchmaker outfit but that's because it was uncomfortable and mostly because too much make-up covered her individuality. She didn't feel herself in the armor either and fit in the army because of her adaptability and because the fear to dishonor herself for the second time added her determination, not because she liked that place. I can understand people who would say that green dress or blue dress represent Mulan better but the armor isn't any better than Matchmaker dress.

- Mulan covering her gender makes makes her untrustworthy and Shang wasn't wrong for treating her that way after the reveal.
Telling untruth isn't always bad thing to do, not when it's to save other's life. The sacrifies Mulan did proof that she a billion times more trustworthy than people who never lie.

- Ming-Na Wen is the best possible choice for Mulan in live-action remake.
It makes me think of Ming-Na as overrated actress. I can understand those who think that Ming-Na USED TO be the best choice for live-action Mulan in 90s or even at the beginning of 2000s. I strongly disagree with this opinion either( personally I would prefer Lucy Liu for Mulan in 90s because to me Liu bests in every criteria possible) but at least I can understand them. But Ming-Na being the better choice for live-action Mulan than every Chinese actress who is in 20s in 30s to date? No, just no. I don't think Ming-Na is even capable to pass for woman in early 30s, let alone teenager. To be fair, I don't know any actress in 50s who is able, even the most youthful ones and the ones I adore( yes, including Lucy Liu, I love her but she is not fitting to play Mulan anymore either).

- Ting-Ting, Mei and Su should be officially a part of line-up instead of Mulan because they are royalty!
Don't get me wrong, I love this trio and consider them excellent sideckicks but the keyword is "sidekicks". They appear only in the sequel, are its supporting characters( Jasmine may not be a protagonist but she is the female lead, while these three aren't), the sequel is unpopular( and not so unfairly unpopular, to me it's watchable and not without enjoyable aspects but still not nowhere near the any of DP first movies) and they are not unique enough, they contribute anything new to the line-up( their story and goal is too much like Jasmine's, the most unique thing about them is their love interests not being classically handsome, while Mulan has way more unique story and I believe that line-up needs diversity). I don't think the main and titular character of the entire franchise who has a unique story should be replaced in line-up by sidekicks from (not so unfairly) unpopular sequel whose story isn't that unique.
over a year ago BB2010 said…
"Elsa ran away from her problems "

No she didn't! She ran away after her powers were revealed because

1. She was told at a young age that people would kill her
2. She wasn't taught how to control her powers or use them properly so her magic was just shooting out
3. She was scared she was going to hurt people like she accidentally hurt Anna when they were kids
4. She was scared

She didn't go back to Arendelle after she found out she accidentally froze it because, honestly, what the heck is she supposed to do? She flat out said she doesn't know how and had a breakdown, if she were to go back without knowing how to fix it she probably would have made it worse without meaning to

-

"Elsa and Anna don't look that different! Disney is just being lazy!"
They're SISTERS. There's siblings out there who look alike. I look a lot like my older sister and my little sister

-

Random comments like "This movie is better than that movie". If no one is talking about Frozen why are you comparing it? If no one is talking about Lion King why are you comparing it?

over a year ago magicworld_88 said…
Girls who say "I m not like Cinderella , i dont wait for prince charming i can rescue myself"

Also I saw a lot of comments "In the brother Grimm story sleeping beauty is rape"
Not thats not in the brother Grimm version not even in Charles Perrault's story but in the old italian story who is not even call sleeping beauty.

"Disney princes have no personality"

"Eric fall in love with Vanessa"

The classic "ariel change for a man "

"Jasmine and rapunzel would get a long very well because they both wants freedom" i think they could be great friends but all the disney princess wants freedom so its not a really a strong argument.

."maleficent is a great movie because it show that not everything is black and white"
OK then why was King Stephan the villain in the movie ?

"Disney princess have bad influence on little girls"
AdelitaI commented…
I agree with you on Maleficent one! Thank you for pointing it out! over a year ago
over a year ago MaidofOrleans said…
"The Revival movies are too formulaic."

I haaate hearing this when it's meant to rag on the Revival era and bolster the Classic and Renaissance eras as if they were some paragons of originality. Every era is formulaic, they just have different formulas. Here, I'll lay them out:

Classic Era Formula
Protagonist is unhappy with her life due to villain, who has it out for her > Protagonist meets handsome stranger, love at first sight > Happy dancing/singing > Villain nearly triumphs > Protagonist's friends save her > Handsome stranger turns out to be a prince > Happily ever after

Renaissance Era Formula
Protagonist has a decent life, but wants more; meanwhile, villain is power hungry > Circumstances push protagonist to choose to leave her old life for a new one > Protagonist meets handsome stranger who embodies what she wants in life > Happy dancing/singing > Villain nearly triumphs > Protagonist and/or handsome stranger save the day > Happily ever after

Revival Era Formula
Protagonist is a strong independent woman who has a Dream (TM) > Selfish/greedy villain gets in the way of the Dream (TM) > Protagonist determinedly pursues dream despite all odds, and finds love along the way > Happy dancing/singing > Villain nearly triumphs > Protagonist saves the day > Happily ever after and realization of Dream (TM)

Some of these checkpoints need to be tweaked slightly (Beast isn't handsome) or the order changed a bit (Ariel meets her handsome stranger before she chooses a new life) or even removed all together (Snow always knew her handsome stranger was a prince), depending on the movie, but overall these are the basic formulas for each of the eras. They are all very predictable, and none are more formulaic than the others.
AudreyFreak commented…
Not that I don't overall agree but the Classics formula you're describing only apply to maybe two movies. Bambi, Peter Pan, Alice, Sleepy Hollow, etc are nothing like that. And it's pretty different considering Walt was getting his start with his own company vs Disney today who's had decades to make up new material, which is probably why some dislike it. over a year ago
MaidofOrleans commented…
@disnerdtobe thanks so much! Yeah I agree that Alan Menken nailed the Renaissance. There's a reason it's so popular! over a year ago
UnholyNoise commented…
soooo accurate! over a year ago
"Moana said she's not a princess that means Disney is insulting princesses"
Okay by that logic Lilo was insulting princesses when she didn't want to dress like one in the Halloween episode of Lilo and Stitch the series. If a heroine isn't a princess and she says she isn't one how does it insult the princesses?
AudreyFreak commented…
I don't think Moana was insulting them but those contexts are totally different. Revival Disney is extremely self aware of their DP lineup and have earned a reputation for mocking and slamming it whenever they get the chance. Lilo is also purposely written as an odd ball so of course she'd probably not want a conventional costume. over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
^Yea that's true I don't know why I used her as an example over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
^it's probably because in the recent movies you have a couple heroines saying they're not princesses and people think that was started in the revival era over a year ago
- Belle wasn't nice enough to Beast!
She owes nothing to her captor. He put the life of her beloved father in danger, he imprisoned her( she willingly sacrificed herself but a good person would never accept such sacrifice), he didn't even let her say goodby to her father, he destroyed her life. He doesn't deserve to be treated nicely. People should be allowed to hate those who destroy their lives
BB2010 commented…
I so agree with this. Just because they're supposed to be together doesn't mean what he did wasn't wrong over a year ago
"Frozen is the greatest Disney movie!"

Just because it has the song Let it Go and Disney shoves it in our faces doesn't mean it's the greatest movie. Frozen was okay, not that great, but okay
BB2010 commented…
I hear it all the time on facebook and tumblr over a year ago
There are a lot of people who say and even gets mad :
" beast's name is not Adam he doesnt have a name"

Since he doesnt have a name I dont see what is wrong with a name giving by the fans.
MaidofOrleans commented…
Agree! It humanizes him. over a year ago
AdelitaI commented…
Not to mention Adam means "man" so it's so symbolic for a character. It means that he always was a man deep down, not a monster, unlike Gaston. over a year ago
Not a particular thing, just how in general (not anyone here, just in my experience) that Renaissance fans are usually really entitled and self centered about their era. I know no fandom's perfect but my gosh, some of them get so mad if you say anything positive about the Revival or Classic movies or characters like, how very dare you think those are as good or better than the bestest era ever??

I know I complain about revival fans but I prefer them. It's mostly Those Fans that act like the previous DPs are anti feminist and monolithic in personality, but otherwise they tend to appreciate complexity in heroines and many respect the Classics. Renaissance-era fans however, tend to be really unnecessarily rude toward other fandoms.
KataraLover commented…
Yeah, I agree. I mean, the Renaissance is my favorite era but I've met A LOT of annoying fans of that era that just feel the need to trash the older stuff and the Revival era. You know that a fandom has a lot of bad fans if someone from the fandom admits that they are really immature. I can only imagine how people who like different era feel when they are attacked by those fans. over a year ago
Mongoose09 commented…
yep. God forbid you don't put The Lion King in your top 10 Disney movies or not have Mulan high on your Princess list. they literally act like you've just personally insulted their family or something, rather than... you know, enjoying different things over a year ago
UnholyNoise commented…
if i had nostalgia goggles glued that hard to my face, i suppose i'd be mad too over a year ago
over a year ago KataraLover said…
All Disney sequels are poorly made and are just trash. I mean, there are plenty of bad ones but there are plenty of good ones. Some are even better than the original and have a lot of heart and effort put into them. I mean, in the case of Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, the people who worked on it were HUGE fans of the original and one director actually related to it because of how he had a younger brother that was a runaway like Scamp but was still a good kid.

Walt Disney hated the idea of sequels. I mean, he didn't wanna cash in on sequels, but he wasn't against them. He actually wanted to do sequels to Fantasia but couldn't because of how the film was so expensive to make. He also had planned for a sequel to Lady and the Tramp that centered around Scamp while he was still working on the original movie. I guess it just didn't turn into much of anything aside from Scamp's comic strips, that is, until Scamp's Adventure came into existence.

I hate this character because they're from a sequel and that's a good enough reason!

*Insert name of heroine/princess here* Is different from the past Disney women because she's not waiting around to be saved and doesn't just want a man. Disney has been using that line ever since The Little Mermaid came out and with every new one they say that exact thing. There's no need to trash past characters in order to make a character seem great. This also applies to people that don't work for Disney and will just say this, despite how ignorant and inaccurate the statement is.

Merida is strong because she doesn't have a man to constantly save her, doesn't get married, and can shoot an arrow with her bow. Yeah, except that she's constantly getting saved by her mother and her five-year-old brothers a lot more times than any of the other princesses had to be saved. Plus, she looks down on feminine things and acts like an annoying stereotype of a feminist tomboy. Just because she doesn't have a man, doesn't make her strong. Plus, she was willing to let others suffer just to make herself happy, even making a joke about expecting war.
BB2010 commented…
I agree with all this! over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
The sequels may not have been perfect but I still really enjoyed watching them as a kid. Even if it was one that was really not that good, I didn't care because I was just so happy to see my favorite characters again with their own kids or going on adventures. I've always hated when people said things like "Elsa doesn't have anybody at the end, that means she's better" because that's so not true. If you're happy to see a heroine not be with anyone at the end that's great but that doesn't mean the heroine is better than Snow White or Ariel or other heroines who have a man at the end. I love this new thing Disney is doing where they put out heroines who aren't in a relationship at the end because not only are there so many Disney movies out there with a male lead that doesn't end with that lead in a relationship, it's just so nice to see a heroine in a movie who doesn't have a man in the end and if fine with that, she's just happy she achieved her dream or her family's safe, etc over a year ago
When someone Say : "that Disney character is Boring" as if it is a fact and everyone should consider that character Boring. I dont get why people cannot Say "that character doesnt really interest me this is only my opinion" i personally find belle not that much interesting while i enjoy every moment of aurora on screen but i m not gonna Say " belle is Boring " like this is a fact this is only my taste.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I agree. I always try to word my opinions specific to myself, rather than making generalizing statements. over a year ago
over a year ago ApplesauceDoctr said…
This isn't quite something the Disney fandom says per se, but what they often post. On Youtube, there's almost always a theory video in my recommended with one or more of the following:

- Clickbait title (examples: "Secrets about <Disney movie> that Disney doesn't want you to know"; "Things in <Disney movie> that you didn't notice")
- An arrow pointing somewhere, but in a screenshot from a scene unrelated to what the video talks about
- A very obviously edited screenshot of a character looking shocked

I've watched some of this stuff and it's not all bad, but the way they make their videos look and sound just from the title and thumbnail annoy me. xD
wavesurf commented…
^I usually avoid those. Not because I don't find them interesting, but because some of them have such bad editing and others just have pop up ads that take up half the screen. lol. over a year ago
I can't stand the way most fandoms brush off a character's abuse or blame a victim for being a victim.

One example being Cinderella because I've seen/heard a bunch of people blame her for letting her stepfamily treat her so harshly and for not just leaving.

And there's characters who act abusive and people just brush it off as "Well this person has a good reason" or "That person still loves the person they're mistreating" By that logic it's okay for me to talk down to my husband because I still love him or it's okay for me to just smash my nephew's toys because I'm just punishing him

One example is when people say Mother Gothel "clearly" loved Rapunzel when there's been several hints in the movie that Mother Gothel cared more about Rapunzel's hair. In fact Tangled the series shows that Rapunzel has ptsd and when Mother Gothel appears in a dream Rapunzel gets scared and in one ep when Rapunzel had to go back to the tower she clearly gets scared again

Another example is when Triton just destroys Ariel's collection and we don't actually see him apologizing. Yes, he does show remorse but he still never actually apologized for what he did
AdelitaI commented…
I also don't think Fa Zhou actually apologized to Mulan. over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
^another good example over a year ago
I’m so tired of hearing people say they hate a character for reasons that aren’t even justifiable.
“I hate Ariel because she changed herself for a man”
No she didn’t! She wanted to be on land long before she met Eric!

“I don’t like Cinderella because she was weak and didn’t stand up for herself”
Congrats you just did some victim blaming

“I don’t like the classic princesses because they don’t fight like Mulan did”
Just because a girl doesn’t pick up a sword her entire movie doesn’t mean she’s worth less than a woman who does

I could go on
Mongoose09 commented…
agreed, people are entitled to their opinions ofc but those are not valid, or even true, reasons. I really like Mulan but that one annoys me, I see it a lot on Youtube and it's always used as a reason as to why she's better than other Disney girls. it's like the only way a girl deserves respect is if she fights? gtfo over a year ago
UnholyNoise commented…
ariel did change herself for a man, though. she was interested in humans before, but she fell hard for him, and he was definitely the catalyst behind a lot of what she did over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
^I just mean there's people who act like Ariel just wanted to be human only because of Eric, as if she didn't sing about wanting to be part of the human world before she saw him over a year ago
This has been bugging me forever and it’s not just the Disney fandom.

I really hate how there’s fans who act so superior because they hate a popular movie or they love an underrated movie. If you don’t like The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast or Frozen, okay, whatever but you shouldn’t talk down to people who do, and there’s people who get mad at others for preferring remakes or sequels over the originals.

And then there’s fans who attack others for not liking the same movies as them, or characters, or ships, etc

To put it simply, they act like total Brian Griffins from Family Guy
BB2010 commented…
^it seriously gets to a point where I actually feel stupid for liking some stuff because of some rant about why it’s overrated or whatever over a year ago
Mongoose09 commented…
I agree too. many don't seem to realise that just because they think a movie is overrated, it doesn't mean the movie is automatically bad. I think Frozen is way overhyped but I still think it's a good movie (just not great) over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
^theres nothing wrong with saying you prefer one movie or another, if you look down on that person for liking that movie or something like that it’s different. I compare movies a lot and I make sure not to be insulting or condescending about it over a year ago
The slut-shaming is so ridiculous in these fandoms. If a woman likes to pole dance she is not a slut, if she wears clothes that show her stomach she is not a slut, even if she’s been with more than one guy she is not a freaking slut. I’m so sick of people calling characters like Esmeralda, Jasmine, and Jessica Rabbit a slut just because of their appearances and because one of them pole dances
I find it very annoying when "Jasmine and Merida shouldn't be criticized so much for their recklessness/selfishness/rudeness/short temper. They deserve more love. Princesses should be allowed to have flaws" and "Classics are way too passive to me" comes from the same person. So, having problems with rudeness or selfishness means demanding perfection from princesses and not allowing them having flaws but having problems with passivity doesn't mean the same?
Not really so much saying, just mostly doing.

As much as I love seeing characters in the Disney Parks, I hate the way older fans act like they're meeting the real people. I'm not saying it's wrong the way older fans get excited to see Mickey and giving him a big hug or anything because, come on, it's Mickey. It's when fans talk about personal stuff to a complete stranger, like telling Elsa "I stopped hurting myself because of you" (not an exaggeration, someone has for real done this) and then get upset if the actors are uncomfortable.

While it's awesome to see Mickey or Marie or Ariel and you just want to let your inner child out, people need to remember these are real people playing characters. There's nothing wrong with saying "I loved your movie!" or "I've always wanted to meet you!" but if you're bringing up personal stuff you normally wouldn't tell a random person, then you're making the actor playing the character uncomfortable and then they're most likely going to lay at bed late at night thinking about what you said
simrananime commented…
^^ over a year ago
wavesurf commented…
^Yeah. You should leave your baggage at home. I thought this was called "fantasy vacation" which means a separation from reality....right? over a year ago
over a year ago cruella said…
I'm sick of fans trying to pass off fan theories as canon. I don't care which one it is; there's the Pixar theory, the 'Scrooge and Goldie had sex in the cabin' theory, the 'Doofenshmirtz is really Phineas and Candace's dad' theory, the 'Anna and Elsa are related to Tarzan and Belle' theory and the list just goes on and on.

And of course some reeeeally dumb ones that don't make any sense with the contexts of story. Those include classics like the 'Grumpy secretly wants to have sex with Snow White' theory' and 'Scrooge and Minnie have some inappropriate going on' theory. And then probably the one that makes the least sense is the 'Roger and Cruella used to date but he dumped her for Anita and she stole the dogs to get back at him' theory With those, especially the last one I have to ask, "Did you even watch it?"

Sorry about my rant, but I just think some of these theories are crazy, and the fact that people will get offend if you don't believe them just makes them even more ridiculous. Anyway, I don't care if you have fan theory or a head canon about a character or franchise. But unless it's declared to be the new official canon quit acting like it is official.
Toonsgirl27 commented…
I know what you mean. Am I the only Pixar fan that doesn't give a rat's tail about the Pixar theory? Who cares about the Pixar theory? I cannot see any of the Pixar films taking place in the same universe (except Inside Out and Coco). over a year ago
I wish fans would realize that who is and isn’t in the Disney Princess franchise isn’t common knowledge. I’ve seen people get mad because Mulan was in the franchise while Elsa and Anna weren’t because for a lot of people if a character is a princess in a Disney movie then she’s automatically a Disney Princess. But then I’ve also seen fans get mad at other fans for mistaking Elsa and Anna as Disney Princesses. I still remember my first poll here was about Disney Princess moms and I included Kida’s mom, Mia’s mom, Nala, etc because I was one of those fans who thought that any Disney princess was in the franchise and I still remember a lot of fans here getting mad at me for it. If someone makes that mistake it’s not hard to just simply correct them without being rude about it
sunnyfields commented…
I agree. In my top 10 princess lists or movies, I include Anna and Elsa and Frozen just because I am certain that they will one day be a part of the lineup (just like Moana now is) and I like to include them. I know they aren't officially in the lineup, but I shouldn't be put down for wanting to include them, either. They are still technically princesses (or once was a princess in Elsa's case) that Disney made. Even Esmeralda and Tinker Bell were once considered in the Disney princess lineup when I was a child, so even if someone included them, I would understand why they did it and not bash them for their decision to include them. over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
^there was this other time where I included Moana and Frozen in a countdown and I had someone get mad and say “why include them and not the other extended princesses like Kida?” I hadn’t been officially back on this site for years but every time I came back here every now and then I saw stuff including Moana and Frozen and plus there was other sites saying they were DPs and then the trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet came out so...yeah over a year ago
"I don't understand how anyone can like [insert movie/character/song here]"

Really? Even after a lot of people probably said why they like it you still don't "understand"? If you don't like something, just say it! It makes more sense than being told more than once and still use the "I don't understand" excuse
wavesurf commented…
Agreed. #makingthingsmorecomplicatedthanitneedstobe over a year ago
Prince hans [ insert famous mental disorder] is one he show all the signs"
Its annoying like people just say he is manipulative he has no empathy for anna OMG he is one like they are not even psychiatrist they dont even bothers makes actual research in fact they didnt even took all the information we have about him in the movie but the one they like.😄

Also anna and elsa are rapunzel cousins

Frozen 2 is much more mature than frozen 1 i really dont think so the first one was not that childish on the contrary (well to me)
BB2010 commented…
I kinda like the joke about Rapunzel being Anna and Elsa’s cousin :p it’s like when people make jokes about Scar actually getting turned into a throw rug because we see his pelt in Hercules over a year ago
The one negative comment about Avengers: Endgame that makes me roll my eyes the most is how Steve shouldn't have been with Peggy in the end and should have stayed with Bucky (their OTP)

It's so hypocritical because I remember when all the Captain America movies were released fans felt so sad for Steve for not being able to have that dance with Peggy, his interaction with her as an old woman, and him at her funeral but then once he's finally with her again they're mad that their Steve/Bucky ship didn't happen. On tumblr I actually saw a gif set of Steve watching Peggy in Endgame and some users said it looked like a scene from a horror movie

I'm bi and I would love to see more LGBTQ+ representation in Disney properties that aren't reduced to just background characters or characters who are treated as jokes but I think it's so stupid to attack a straight couple just because your gay ship didn't happen. He had a great relationship with both of them and he was clearly still in love with Peggy in the end
MaidofOrleans commented…
Agreed. As much as I love the Steve/Bucky ship because yes, I am happy he ended up with Peggy because I was so sad they couldn't be together initially. over a year ago
How Disney haters still seem really fixated on Disney. "Oh, Disney is SO childish, my tastes are too refined for those baby movies. *anime noblewoman's laugh* That's why I talk nonstop about everything Disney and insult Disney fans instead of just enjoying the movies I DO like."
BB2010 commented…
I actually had one guy attacking Disney+ for not having enough "adult content" besides the Mandalorian and said it was all for babies. I'm sorry, are you not aware that Disney most releases animated movies? over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
*mostly over a year ago
"If Disney makes a fat princess it'll encourage kids to get fat!"
That's funny, because when I was a kid I read a ton of Garfield comics, watched Shrek a lot, loved fat Disney characters like Mr. Smee, Gus, Pacha, and that one Muse from Hercules and I never thought "Gee, I want to get fat now!" It actually made me feel better about my body type.

This is also hypocritical because when we get skinny characters like Anna talking about loving candy and sandwiches it's seen as a funny quirk. It's only bad if the character isn't skinny as a twig, I guess...
BB2010 commented…
Sorry for bringing up this topic again for the hundredth time, someone decided to make fun of my husband's weight and that's kinda a trigger for me so this was kinda building up over a year ago
AudreyFreak commented…
I don't really agree with it either but after years of hearing how having skinny princesses will make girls hate themselves (yesh, sure), I find this one kind of hypocritical. over a year ago
over a year ago Toonsgirl27 said…
Totally agree with many things you guys said. Here are others what I am tired of others saying about Disney:

"Why is every Disney Princess have a missing mother?"

-Not all of them are motherless. Aurora, Mulan, Merida, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Moana have mothers. In the original source content, they were motherless and orphans as well. Sometimes it's necessary for the Disney character to be an orphan or have a single parent because it partially explains why they have a hard knock life and creates story potential. If Ariel's mother were alive, she would smooth hangs between Triton and Ariel. If Elsa and Anna's parents were alive, they would prevent Anna from her ill fated romance with Hans. If Cinderella's mother were alive , well, there'd be no movie.

Another thing that I am tired of hearing about is when people blame Disney (or even Hollywood in general) for giving them wrong expectations or ideas about love and marriage. It's not just from Disney fans or Disney naysayers, it's also from psychologists, radio talk show hosts, educators, or marriage counsellors or youth pastors.

-I am sorry that you got confused but you shouldn't hold a family-friendly cartoon responsible for your lack of love life or ruined love life-it's irresponsible and immature. It's also not fair that I can't enjoy my favorite Disney films just because one of them gave you wrong expectations of love and marriage. Haven't you consider that maybe it Aang Disney's fault? Maybe it's your parents' fault for not sitting down and telling you the difference between reality and fantasy. Maybe it's your parents' fault for not telling you that a happily ever after marriage is possible-it requires more hard work and commitment than what fairy tale movies showed. Maybe it's your own fault for not realizing that Disney films are supposed to be escapism/entertainment (like Bollywood movies), not reality tv. I was lucky because my mom told me the difference between reality and unreality when after watching Peter Pan, I really thought that children can fly with pixie dust. And she, along with my father, told me no daring in high school so I was spared from the typical high school dating drama. Observing my sister's dates from high school also convinced me and my brothers to put romance on hold because none of them lasted for more than a year. I was also at a girls high school so no chance of dating there. In my senior year, I transferred to a a coed high school. A few guys asked me out but I turned them down because I was a senior-why waste your time with me when you are better off with someone else? It also helps to hear about love stories based on real life couples (how your parents met, how your aunt met your uncle, etc.) so you can see that everybody's love story is different but they all got their happily ever after. Besides, Disney writers are limited to an hour in each movie to portray romance that will give audiences the feels and their payoff. Had the Disney movies been two hours long, I am sure we would see a longer progress of a couple's romance.
BB2010 commented…
I’ll be honest, as someone who only watched Disney movies as a kid, I was one of those silly kids who thought I’d find my Prince Charming in the woods or on a beach. I got wiser when I got older and at this point I just joke about blaming Disney for any expectations the movie gave me, the biggest one being that animals would help me clean while I sing :p over a year ago
wavesurf commented…
^Animals never helped me clean my room, no matter how many times my mother urged/and made me clean it. I agree with Toonsgirl. Movies are escapism. Take it for what it is, or just don't indulge in them. :D over a year ago
I’m so tired of this bs. Two years ago I’d probably agree with this but this is so unfair to the other princesses who have saved other people like Ariel saved Eric, Belle saved Beast, Pocahontas saved John and stopped a war, Rapunzel saved Eugene, Anna saved Elsa, and Moana saved the world. And it’s unfair to act like just because most of the princesses needed saving they aren’t as awesome as the ones who saved themselves (except I’m wondering where this person got the idea of Merida saving herself from since that was all Elinor)
I’m so tired of this bs. Two years ago I’d probably agree with this but this is so unfair to the
wavesurf commented…
Yes. I wholeheartedly agree with you. This is why I *cough, cough* find the Revival Era long on the preach and short on the truth. Tiana needed Naveen's help just as much as he needed hers. Merida is saved by Elinor AND by her brothers when she is locked up in a room ( Merida can't save herself). And Mulan relies heavily on Yao, Ling, Chien-Po, and Shang to help her defeat Shan-Yu. Backwards, backwards, backwards. Preaching that women should eschew help from men and women IS NOT Feminism. over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
For real! I’m always happy to see a female character save herself because I’m tired of men acting like women are weak (Yes, they’re STILL out there) but there’s nothing wrong with asking for and accepting help no matter who it’s from. And this person completely ignored Pocahontas who saved everyone! I’m not a big Pocahontas fan, but I can at least acknowledge what a total badass she was over a year ago
When people hate on Disney remakes like Jungle Book and Lady and the Tramp for being different and then love remakes like The Lion King for being exactly the same
sunnyfields commented…
lol. This made me laugh. It is true though. I think there needs to be a balance of some changes and mostly the same. I tend to prefer the ones that stick more closely to the originals. :) over a year ago
I dont think this is something a lot of people are tired because this is very specifical to my personal taste and this is not something that poeple said but do , but i m tired of the culture of relatability with the dp , trying to relate ALL the times with the disney princess i mean i prefer disney princess being treat for who they are fictional character and not extension of the viewer. That something big in the disney fandom ! Because relate to a disney princess is something normal for viewer but sometimes i just feel like this is too much. I think that extreme culture of relatability is the cause of the cinderella hate. We tell all the times little girl that they can relate to fictional character only because they share the same gender that when they grew up they dont see cinderella for she really is.

They dont see that cinderella is a little girl that have be put through mental , emotional, verbal , financial and i think also physical abuse.
They dont see a little girl that have been all her life enslave and opressed.
They dont see a figure of child abuse.
They see a fictional character that is a woman and therefore a fictional character they can relate to. So thats how since they cant relate for most of them to the abuse trope they tried to do it with the prince charming trope. Thats how cinderella got some harsh critiscm from thousand woman who put down a victim of abuse to empower themselve by saying " me i dont need prince charming i m not like cinderella i dont want to wait around like her for my prince charming i can save myself"
I dont know how true my reasoning is but it really annoy be the extreme relatability there are like keira knightley forbidding her daughter to watch cinderella *rolled my eyes* There is something extremely pretentious and annoying about that to me .
sunnyfields commented…
I agree with that. While I find that relating to a character makes me like them a bit more because they go through similar situations that I have, I also have to put myself into their position to fully appreciate the characters. This might be why I do love and appreciate the original 3 princesses. :) over a year ago
over a year ago sunnyfields said…
I am tired of people saying that the classic princesses did nothing and were all waiting for a prince to rescue them. I am sure this has been brought up before, but I am still hearing it so frequently that I thought I would share my thoughts on it.

Cinderella didn't even know she danced with the prince. She just wanted to go to a party and have fun for once.

Snow White was smart enough to work in order to be allowed to stay in hiding with the dwarfs. She only ate the apple to not hurt the old lady's feelings who was just acting sick and helpless. I'd probably do the same, honestly.

Aurora wasn't "stupid enough to touch a spindle." She was literally under a spell. She didn't even know she met the prince and she did her duty as a princess by leaving him. She was also smart enough to not meet Phillip alone. She wanted him to meet her family.
AudreyFreak commented…
These are really obvious things (especially Aurora's) and the fact that Disney critics somehow miss it all speaks to their observational skills, critical thinking and plain common sense. over a year ago
When fans try to make excuses for their behavior.

"I was bullied so it's okay for me to attack your for liking/disliking something"

"It's okay for me to say this because [insert flimsy reason here]"

"You like this character I hate so that means I hate you"

"Oh my god stop shoving this Disney character in our faces in this Disney spot!"

Some of these things could be good reasons for having a bad attitude but if I have to walk on eggshells because you love a movie or character so much that you'll jump down my throat for saying something even remotely negative about it, then that's just toxic as hell.

That'd be like if someone said "I love Pinocchio!" and I went on a rant about how much I hated that movie because of whatever reason when really I could just say "Meh, not my cup of tea"
-Nothing in particular they say, but the way Elsa fans have a tendency to make Anna content all about Elsa, as well as their really obnoxious treatment of Anna as Elsa's emotional support dog. Elsa is not the center of the universe.

-Fans acting like the most popular movies (Mulan, BatB, etc.) are above reproach. I find this is generally true for the whole 90s/early 2000s era fandom actually. Not everyone thinks all of those movies wre perfect or enjoys them. It doesn't mean people hate them. It's especially annoying because the Classic and Revival eras get plenty of criticism.

-

-"The parents in Frozen were abusive!" as if only Iduna and Agnarr (who still had their kids' best interest in mind) are the only ones who made mistakes. Blame the trolls who scared them, blame Ahtohallen for starting the mess in F2, blame Elsa for ignoring Anna when she didn't have to and then manipulating her in the sequel. The parents aren't the only ones who caused harm, and people treat them like they're on Frollo or Tremaine's level.

-Tiana fans (I'm not even sure I'd call them that) who act like she would hate the other more dreamy princesses. Have you met Tiana's friends? They're all dreamers. I remember someone did a Tiana x Cinderella pic and some fan rudely hijacked it just to say she's "too good" for Cinderella and should be with Mulan or Merida instead. Yes, Merida, who hates living by rules and wants adventures and has serious family conflict. I'm not even sure about Mulan either, at least pre-development. It's like they just love Tiana for shallow reasons and don't understand her personality or wants at all.

-Demanding that a non DP like Nala, Alice, Sally, Meg, etc be added to the lineup. There's reasons why they aren't and Disney is never gonna budge. Half of them aren't even princesses (we know why Mulan is an exception, she's a war hero who got socially elevated), some don't have songs or an appropriately princessy outfit Disney can sell dolls with, and Nala isn't even human.
BB2010 commented…
I agree with all of these but I have a question, in what way did Elsa manipulate and ignore Anna in the sequel? over a year ago
sunnyfields commented…
I agree with all of these besides wanting to add characters to the lineup. Esmeralda was in the Disney princess lineup when I was a child, so I don't think it is wrong for me to wish she joins again. You said Disney chose the lineup and won't budge, but they did budge when they eliminated characters from the lineup after already establishing a lineup. Also, I very much agree with your statements about Elsa's mistreatment of Anna and how harshly their parents are treated by the fandom. The parents were doing what they thought was best for their daughters. over a year ago
magicworld_88 commented…
Agree with all of these specially the first one ! I m a big anna fan and yeah...Thats annoying. over a year ago
I m kind of tired of people who pretend killing elsa was an attrocities in frozen 1. Of course it Will be sad but she froze her whole kingdom everyone was gonna died if young kids babies didnt already died. The duke said it it was getting colder and colder by the minutes and if they dont do something soon they are all gonna froze to death. Hans ask Her to bring back summer and she said that she cant so what are they suppose to do wait to die slowly ? by this point of the story it dont really need an evil murderous prince to tried to kill her. Like she did set her kingdom in an emergency just like maleficent and ursula in sleeping beauty and the little mermaid the difference is that now the witch is sympathetic and didnt mean it. The movie kinda trick you in only caring for the sisters fate But all this people in arendelle were going to died and it the end if hans never tried to kill elsa this is what would have happen. Frozen 2 Confirm they all would have been saved by the death of elsa.
BB2010 commented…
Except Elsa didn’t mean to freeze the kingdom in the first movie and she would have fixed it sooner if she knew how. And you said Elsa’s death would have saved them but that doesn’t make any sense over a year ago
magicworld_88 commented…
Oh i tought ! I mean in frozen 2 olaf disappeared doesnt that mean elsa eternal winter would have disappear with her also ? 🤔 ( yeah if she knew but she didnt knew how ) over a year ago
BB2010 commented…
It's still not completely Elsa's fault because she couldn't control her powers and it's wrong to say that just killing her would have been okay and the right thing to do over a year ago
magicworld_88 commented…
killing her would not have been okay but a very tragic decision and yeah you right she couldnt control it there is really nothing malevolent in elsa but starting rethinking about that movie i realized there was a whole kingdom who was literraly going to died frozen to death. idk i cant ignore that personally. over a year ago
immm
AudreyFreak commented…
ummm over a year ago
magicworld_88 commented…
haha you makes me laugh a lot XD thats error i dont know why my button supress diddnt wanted to worked XD over a year ago
over a year ago PrincessDamsel said…
I hate when people diss Merida. I know she made a big oopsie and turned her mom into a bear etc, but people go so far as to call her a weakling/coward without much proof. I feel like a lot of people are tomboyphobic or just don't understand her. She reacted harshly to having her prized possession thrown in the fire by her own mom. She didn't know what was going to happen.

I'm also tired of people treating Cinderella like she deserved her torment or that she's not strong willed. Cindy really didn't know better, I mean how much of the world has she seen? The Fact that she was able to control her emotions so well disproves the "women are emotionally weak" lie that men make up as they hide their own emotions for fear of being judged. Cindy has my approval for sure, and in the sequels she beat up a guy so
BoycottDisney or CancelDisney becoming a trend because Disney fired some actress

Sorry your favorite character isn’t in Mandalorian anymore but if you can get fired for breaking rules repeatedly and for spouting some questionable stuff at any job, then it should happen to a celebrity too
over a year ago deedragongirl said…
Boycott Mulan is annoying, the Hong Kong protesters started the riot by resorting to violent!
BB2010 commented…
I think people are Boycotting Mulan cuz Disney filmed the movie near a concentration camp...and then thanked them over a year ago
over a year ago indiawaale said…
We have boycotted Mulan in my country as we do not allow anything Chinese. We are at war.
deedragongirl commented…
Fake news over a year ago
Whenever someone says they want a Disney character who is LGBTQ+, disabled, a POC, on the spectrum, etc and there's always some moron who is against that idea because somehow that'd be the only thing about the character. I mean, Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender is blind but that's not the only thing about her! And in The Little Mermaid tv series there was a mermaid who was deaf and mute! It's not hard to create a character with a personality outside of being gay or having ADHD or anything like that