Damon & Elena A Reference for Damon and Elena Book Quotes

traceypharm posted on Jul 03, 2011 at 01:56AM
I just want to post this for people like myself who need a quick reference for quotes from the books, written by Lisa Jane Smith.

If you are a fan, please add paragraphs, descriptions, or quotes by characters that you love or want to make sure are present here.

Thanks Delena Family~
I just want to post this for people like myself who need a quick reference for quotes from the books,
last edited on Aug 18, 2011 at 01:55AM

Damon & Elena 54 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

over a year ago traceypharm said…
heart
I'll just start off with my favorite.

The Return: Midnight pg. 496-497

[Damon] "But I have to tell you...what I know you already know....How I fell in love with you...you'll remember, won't you? You won't forget me?"
[Elena] "Forget you? How could I forget you?"

But Damon was speaking on and suddenly Elena knew that he couldn't hear her, not even by telepathy anymore.

[Damon] "Will you remember? For me? Just that...I loved--once--just once, really, in my whole life. Can you remember that I loved you? That makes my life ...worth something..." His voice faded.
last edited over a year ago
heart
The Return: Midnight pg. 497

She wanted to follow. Nothing was real. Didn't he understand? She could not imagine a universe, no matter how many dimensions there were, without a Damon in it. There was no world for her, if there was no Damon."
crying
The Return: Midnight pg. 507

Elena lost her mind.

With a scream that peeled raw and bleeding from her backbone and came hoarsely out of her throat, Elena grabbed a branch of the Tree that had killed Damon, that had murdered her beloved, and that would murder her and these two others she loved as well.

...she held a high bough of the Tree's cage and let the fury explode out of her, the fury of murdered love.
heart
The Return: Midnight pg. 511

[the inner child Damon] "Elena?"

She was startled. Had the inner child ever said her name before?

[Elena] "Yes, sweetheart?"

[Damon] "Elena...I...love you. Not just because of him. I love you too."

Elena had to hide her face in his hair. "I love you too, little one. You've always known that, haven't you?"

[Damon] "Yes--always."
The Return: Midnight pg. 554

Yes. That was Stefan. Her love, but not her lover, willing to love her chastely from now until the end of her days.

The end...of her days?
crying
The Return: Midnight pg. 564

She was glad, so glad, that in the end Damon had died for Bonnie. Elena herself needed no more proof of his feelings about her.
kiss
The Awakening. Pg. 164.

"Interesting things happen in the dark sometimes." Damon to Elena in the school gym.

'She could see that those eyes were unusual, almost black, but with odd lights in them. As if you could look deeper and deeper until you fell in them, and went falling forever.

"Did you come looking for somebody?" Elena.

With his eyes on her lips he murmured, "Oh yes."

"What?" She'd forgotten what she'd asked. Her cheeks were flushing, burning with blood. She felt so light-headed. If only he'd stop looking at her.

"Yes, I came here looking for someone," he repeated. Elena couldn't breathe. He was standing so close, close enough to touch.

They were like no eyes she had ever seen, black as midnight, the pupils dilated like a cats. They filled her vision as he leaned toward her, bending his head down to hers. She felt her own eyes half-close losing focus. She felt her head tilt back, her lips part.
...I was about to let him kiss me! But that wasn't the worst thing. For those few minutes, something unbelievable happened. For those few minutes, she had forgotten Stefan.
"Perhaps I've already found her...Elena."
kiss
The Awakening pg. 174-

The Dumb Supper at Bonnie's house. Bonnie tells Elena that this is a way one can find out who you were going to marry. You would have to follow a couple of steps before midnight, and vocally invite your future husband in. Then you would see a vision. Elena does this, but instead of a vision, the candle goes out, and Damon himself appears. He starts reciting a poem to her:
HELEN, THY BEAUTY IS TO ME/LIKE THOSE NICEAN BARKS OF YORE/THAT GENTLY, OVER A PERFUMED SEA..

PG. 178 He caught her reaching hand, not roughly, but gently, and held it in his cool slender fingers. Then he turned her hand over, bent his dark head, and kissed her palm.
kiss
The Awakening pg. 242

"You're wrong about her, you know. You think she's sweet and docile like Katherine, she isn't. She's not your type at all my saintly brother. She has a spirit and a fire in her that you wouldn't know what to do with." Damon to Stefan

Pg. 245 "What I want is Elena. And if you try to stop me from taking her, I will kill you." Damon to Stefan

The Struggle pg. 260

God, he was beautiful. Handsome was too weak and colorless a word. [Elena]

The Struggle pg. 261

"My brother is a fool. He thinks that because you look like Katherine you're weak and easily led like her. But he's wrong. I could feel your anger from the other side of town. You have strength Elena, even as you are. But you could be so much stronger..." Damon
"You've tried everything else and nothing has satisfied you. You're the girl who has everything, but there's always been something just out of your reach, something you need desperately and can't have. That's what I'm offering you. Power. Eternal life. And feelings you've never felt before."

"I can waken things inside you that have been sleeping all your life."

"Winter is coming Elena. Before winter is here, you'll have joined me. You'll be mine."

The Struggle Pg. 335

She bit down on a breadstick, holding it between her teeth like a pencil.
"Mind if I have a bite?"
Dark eyes dominated her vision, two long fingers tilting her chin up. Damon leaned in and neatly and precisely, bit off the other end of the breadstick. In that moment, their lips were only inches apart.
heart
The Struggle pg. 407

The first time they'd met she'd seen the same guarded, relunctant respect in his eyes.

"I may just have to make you my Queen of Shadows."

"I've had many companions, girls as young as you and women who were the beauties of Europe. But YOU'RE the one I want at my side."

"I'm going to have you in the end, you know."

Pg. 412-13 But Stefan had not held her this way afterward, bruisingly close, with his lips almost in contact with hers.

And this time she knew that it was no power that he was using, but simply the wildfire attraction between them. It was useless to deny it, her body responded to his.
If he'd kissed her then, she would have let him.
over a year ago Aubreykarew said…
smile
A cute scene frm nightfall (sry dont remember d pg)
Damon: 'what is it ? Apple soup ? Mom s home made chicken pie? Elena chuckled and said 'its chicken soup and mom s home made apple pie but u didnt do bad for a start '
Damon:' i promise not to mix the apples and chicken together '
Elena: 'oh damon but i am just thirsty for plain water please'
Damon: 'no u ll drink too much, get pains i ll make the soup '
big smile
I love that part too! LOL. He's so worried about her. :)
heart
The Struggle Pg. 421

She needed to remember what is was like with him [Stefan}, to wipe out the memory of dancing in her dream and of Damon's arms locked around her.

Pg. 435
Damon said nothing, but he looked at her, his eyes taking in the long white nightgown with its high, lacy neck. Elena had chosen it because it was the most modest one she owned, but Damon obviously thought it attractive.

Pg. 439 Damon's eyes looking down at her, filling her whole world.
The sharp sting at her throat. Later, Damon opening his shirt, Damon's blood welling from a small cut in his neck.
He'd made her drink his blood then. If MADE was the right word. She didn't remember putting up any resistance or feeling any revulsion. By then, she had wanted it.

Pg. 461 There was a dangerous glimmer in those dark eyes. "Don't push me, Elena." She moved closer, so that she was almost touching him. "I think, that maybe you need to be pushed."

His face was only inches away from hers, and Elena never knew what might have happened if at that moment a voice hadn't broken in on them.

Pg. 491. She remembered him. He was the one who understood her, who loved her. He was the one she wanted to be with forever.
*His face appeared out of the mists in her mind. She considered it lovingly. All right, then. For HIM she would get up and walk through this ridiculous sleet until she found the proper clearing. Until she could join him. Then they'd be together.
*The very thought of him seemed to warm her. There was a fire inside him that few people could see. She saw it though. It was like the fire inside her.
*He was there, with his black, fathomless eyes, and his secret smile. And he needed her help. She would help him.
Yes! When elena became a new vampire, she remembed only damon. It was her true inner wish to b with damon
so this is from shadow souls when they go in tat palanquin. Elena is afraid of letting her true feeling show
“Well? What do you think?”
Damon seemed to be trying to
placate
her.
“I still think it looks like Hell,”
Elena said slowly. “I’d hate to
live
here.”
“Ah, but whoever said that we
should live here, my Princess of
Darkness?We’ll go back home,
where the night is velvet
black and the
moon shines down, making
everything silver."Slowly,
Damon traced
one finger from her hand, up
her arm to her shoulder. It sent
an inner
shiver through her.
She tried holding the veil up as
a barrier against him, but it
was too
transparent. He still flashed
that brilliant smile at her,
dazzling through
the diamond-dotted white—
well, shell pink, of course,
because of the
light—that was on her side of
the veil.
“Does this place have a moon?”
she asked, trying to distract
him.
She was afraid—afraid of him
—afraid of herself.
“Oh, yes: three or four of them,
I think. But they’re very small
and
of course the sun never goes
down, so you can’t see them as
well.
Not…romantic.” He smiled at
her, again, slowly this time,
and Elena
looked away
kiss
...goosebumps. My heart really flutters at the intimacy of this scene. Wow! Only Damon can make a statement of fact so sensual.
heart
The Fury

pg. 4 She came to help him, because she belonged to him.

Pg. 8 And this one had to die, this green-eyed one called Stefan. Because he'd hurt him, the other one, the one she had been born to be with. No one can hurt him and live.
"Do you know who I am?" She smiled up at him, showing him her pointed teeth. "Of course I do. You're Damon, and I love you."
over a year ago darkdoll59 said…
shadow souls I think chapter 8 or 9

"This person belonged with her.he was her magic,her solace,her best beloved.It didn't matter how he'd gotten here,or what happened before.He was her soul's eternal mate"
heart
The Fury pg. 12

"Yes, you got it (her diary) away from her. You did it for me." "Because you love me...you do love me, don't you?"

Pg. 32 "For Elena's protection. I wanted to keep Damon away from her. But it looks as if that's not what she wanted after all." (Stefan)
Pg. 60 But he'd been decent to her when she'd been confused and irrational. He'd taken her to shelter; he'd kept her safe. And he hadn't kissed her while she'd been in that horrifyingly vulnerable state. He'd been kind to her.

Pg. 64 Damon always had an odd effect on her.

Pg. 73 But then she remembered something else; just a flash; Damon's face in the woods and feeling such---affinity with him. As if he understood the flame that burned inside of her as nobody else ever could. As if together they could do anything they liked, conquer the world or destroy it; as if they were better than anyone else who had ever lived.
over a year ago escada said…
"There was no slightest motion she had made, no briefest word that she had said that he hadn’t noticed and locked in his heart as a treasure”
- Midnight

"Damon is gone Elena. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry if I kept you from being with him as much as you wanted to. I’m sorry if I came between you. I didn’t understand, just how much you loved each other… I do now."
- Midnight
(I LOVE IT) :D

"And that made them look at each other. And then Elena smiled and he had to smile back, at first just a quirk of the lip, and then a full smile.

She was… damn it, she was everything. Witty, enchanting, brave, smart… and beautiful. And he knew that his eyes were saying all that and that she wasn’t turning away.

“We might—take a little walk,” he said, and bells rang and trumpets played fanfares, and confetti came raining down and there was a release of doves…."

- Nightfall

“"He felt as if seconds were suddenly stretching into minutes, each one of incalculable worth. What was important? Telling Elena…Telling Elena…something. Something…sorry…I thought I’d made my peace…but not with the one person who mattered…yes, who mattered the most”
- Shadow Souls

"You're branded on my soul."
Damon to Elena. Midnight.
over a year ago escada said…
"I don't belong anywhere, you know Ill always be with you."
- Shadow Souls

"She never wanted to stop dancing. She wanted to tango with Damon—a real tango, the kind you were supposed to have to get married after."
- Shadow Souls

heart
^^With tears in my eyes, these are all my favorite quotes. And really all that are posted here. DE has the most beautiful.
heart
Damon: "I told Stefan from the beginning that he was selfish not to share you. Brothers should share things, you know."
>The Fury pg.75

"Still there was no point in hurting Damon. She loved Damon too."
pg.234

Nightfall pg. 15 "It had been trying to snare him into breaking his word to Elena. To take all her blood, to kill a human. Something he hadn't done since meeting Elena."

pg. 55 "He couldn't get back into his daydream; even in silence, the imagined sounds of Elena's sobbing prevented him."

"He wanted her more than ever now that she had been a spirit. Even as a vampire she would retain most of her own nature, and he could just picture: her light for his darkness, her soft whiteness in his hard black-jacketed arms. He would stop that exquisite mouth with kisses, smother her with them."

pg. 56 "Still, Damon found himself excited by the idea of kissing Elena, of forcing kisses on her, of feeling her desperation to get away from him, suddenly pause--with the little hesitation that came just before the response, before yieldiing herself completely to him."
heart
Pg. 141 Nightfall

Damon: "Yes Angel. Have I called you 'angel' before? If not, it was purely an oversight."

"It just reminded him that Elena was someone to take seriously, never lightly. I'd take you seriously or lightly, or any way you prefer, Damon thought. If you weren't so stuck on my idiot brother. Twin violet suns turned on him; Elena's eyes. She'd heard him."

"It was an odd feeling. Not entirely unpleasant in regards to Elena. He liked strong women. He'd been looking for one for centuries."

"Then Damon caught Elena's eye, and all petty and conventional concerns seemed to drop away. Words appeared in his brain without bothering to come through his ears. 'Help her(Bonnie)! Please!"

pg. 230 Elena: "And he would never hurt Stefan, because, well because of me. He knows how I would feel."

pg. 344 "She had seen him when she was a human girl and she had defied him and desired him in equal measure-and he seemed to love her best when she was defying him. She had seen him when she was a vampire and had been drawn to him with all of her being.

pg.363 Damon: "I want you. Exclusively."

Pg. 411 "All he wanted was to be alone-- with Elena."

Pg. 414 "He wanted her to believe him, to trust him. He didn't want Elena as a one-night bleeder. He WANTED HER to CHOOSE HIM. He wanted her to see how much better suited she was to him than to his mousy, milksop brother.
His princess of darkness. That was what she was meant to be. With him as king, consort, whatever she wished. THAT NOTHING MATTERED EXCEPT THEM BEING TOGETHER."

Pg. 423 "Shinichi would learn what it meant to tangle with Damon when Elena was involved."
from nightfall when they r fighting with the kitsunes
How strange, Elena thought,
as if in a dream. His love and
panic had distorted his voice
somehow - making him sound
different. Making him sound
almost like-
"Elena! I'm with you!"
-like Damon.
Shaken out of her dream,
Elena looked below her. And
there was Damon, standing
protectively in front of
Meredith, looking up at her,
with his arms held out.
He was with her.
She was still looking down
and she saw tears spill from
her eyes and fall toward
Damon's outstretched arms.
Elena didn't know why she
was crying, but part of it was
sorrow for her ever having
doubted him.
Because Damon wasn't just on
her side. Unless she was
wrong, he was willing to die
for her - was courting death
for her."
crying
"I swore to kill him or make him your slave a hundred times over...he would have kissed your heel, your slave until he died...and the one who hurt you was me."
Then he bowed his head to kiss her bare foot. "I'm yours to do what you please with...you can order me to die right now."

Damon to Elena in Nightfall.
heart
*Damon and Elena in Shadow Souls*

"She was much warmer now, because-she realized-Damon had enfolded her in his aura, which was warm. Not just in temperature, either, but warm with a heady, almost drunken appreciation as he took her in, her eyes and her face, and her hair floating weightlessly in a cloud of gold around her shoulders. Elena couldn't help but blush and she almost heard his thought, that blushing suited her very well, pale pink against her fair complexion.

-Elena felt an involuntary emotional response of thankfulness for what he done, of gratitude for his appreciation, and of unintentional appreciation of Damon himself. He had saved her life tonight.
-And Damon appreciated Elena's appreciation and it became a little cycle of feedback, all on its own.
-Before Elena could quite focus, she was melting, here weightless body feeling heavier as it molded itself to Damon's arms. And the other problem was that Damon wasn't Influencing her; he was as caught up in the feedback as Elena was--more so, because he didn't have any barriers against it. Elena did, but they were blurring, dissolving. She couldn't think properly. Damon was gazing at her with wonder and a look she was all too used to seeing--but she couldn't remember where.
-Elena had lost the power to analyze. She was simply basking in the warm glow of being cherished, being held and loved and cared for with an intensity that shook her to the bone.
...Almost without conscious effort, she arched her head back to expose her throat and closed her eyes. Damon gently positioned her head differently, supported it with one hand, and kissed her.
-Time stopped. Elena found that she was instinctively groping for the mind of the one who was kissing her so sweetly.
heart
Shadow Souls pg.117

"He was stroking her hair, which was so unfair, curling the ends and crushing them in his fingers. He knew her weak spots. Not just every woman's weak spots. He knew hers; he knew how to make her want to cry out in pleasure, and how to soothe her."

---"As soon as their minds connected there was something like fireworks. Explosions. Rockets. Stars going nova."
mischievous
Shadow Souls, pg. 155.

"And somehow their hands brushed each other's--and tangled. ELECTRIC SHOCK. But a nice one, Elena thought--although she didn't really have time to think it. She and Damon were both trying desperately to get their hands back to themselves, but didn't seem able to. Little shockwaves were running from Elena's palm all through her body.
--Finally, the disentanglement worked and then they both turned, in guilty unison, to look at Bonnie and Meredith, who were staring at them with enormous eyes. Suspicious eyes.
heart
Shadow Souls. Pg. 95-96

"And now...right now he was alone with Elena, in the middle of the wilderness, with towns few and far between. They were utterly, uniquely alone, with Damon helplessly wanting from Elena what every human boy she'd ever encountered wanted.
...To all appearances, he was perfectly in control, icy and precise, distant and disinterested. The truth was that was going out of his mind.

"And then Elena appeared, coming up the bank of a stream, looking clean and refreshed. Damon was stricken speechless by the very sight of her. By her grace, by her beauty, by the unbearable closeness of her."

pg. 110 Amazing DE scene! Elena's dream

"He was so gentle, but almost fierce in his love for her. He vowed not to kill, but he would kill to save her. She was his most precious thing in all the world...Any sacrifice would be worth it if she were safe and free. His life meant nothing without her, so he would gladly give it, laughing and kissing his hand to her with his last breath."
kiss
Shadow Souls pg. 439

"Elena sighed and gave her hand to Damon. Standing against the sun, he was a dark silhouette. But then, as Elena blinked in the light, he stared in astonishment. Elena knew he'd seen her gilded eyelids. His eyes dropped to her pursed-to-be-kissed lips. Elena blushed.
"I forbid you to order me to show you what's under the cloak," she said hastily. Damon looked thwarted.
"Hair in tiny curls all over your forehead, cloak that covers everything from neck to toes,lipstick like..." He stared again. His mouth twitched as if he were being compelled to fit it to hers."
kiss
Shadow Souls pg. 434

"I like this position just fine," Damon told her telepathically and Elena realized--how did this HAPPEN over and over?--that they had melted into an embrace. Worse, she was wearing her morning attire--a long silky gown and a peignoir of the same material, both in the palest of pearly blues, which turned violet in the rays of the ever-setting sun.
"I--like it too," Elena admitted, and felt shockwaves go through Damon from his surface, through his body, and deep,deep into that unfathomable hole that one could see by looking into his eyes.

"Don't be honest, don't be honest. Hate me. Despise me," Damon begged her, at the same time caressing her arms and the two layers of silk that were all that stood between his hands and her skin.
"But why?"
"Because I can't be trusted. I'm a wicked wolf, and you're a pure soul, a snow-white newborn lamb. You musn't let me hurt you."
"Why should you hurt me?"
"Because I might--no, I don't want to bite you--I only want to kiss you, just a little, like this." There was revelation in Damon's mind-voice. And he did kiss so sweetly, and he always knew when Elena's knees were going to give out and picked her up before she could fall on the floor.
"Damon,Damon," she was thinking, feeling very sweet herself because she knew she was giving him pleasure."
laugh
Shadow Souls pg 406

"I'm here to collect my beloved Damon and Stefan is just helping me."
-----Bonnie looked at her with her brows knitted and her mouth pursed, but didn't venture a word.
laugh
Shadow Souls pg. 405

They wouldn't even let her and Damon rest in the same room. Elena knew why. They were afraid that she would get near to him and smell his familiar smell, made up of Italian bergamot, mandarin, and acardamom, and that she would look up into his black eyes that could hold universes inside the pupils, and that her knees would go weak and she'd wake up a vampire.
----They didn't know anything! She and Damon had been safely exchanging blood for weeks before the crisis.

FYI: exchanging blood is one of the highest expressions of love by vampires. What sex is to humans is that to vampires.
heart
Shadow Souls pg. 395

"I can't leave him alone again. Especially if you're going to load him with chains and gag him."
"Elena," Damon said shakily, "I haven't led a good life. But I haven't kept slaves before, I swear. Ask anyone. And I wouldn't do that to a child."
"You have, and I know his name. And I know that all he's made of is gentleness, and kindness, and good nature...and fear."

"I know she's off her head, but I'd still like to know the name of this little boy I'm supposed to have done this to. How does that agitate her?"
More rumbling, then: "But can't I just ask her? At least I can clear my name of these charges." Then, out loud: "Elena? Can you tell me what child I'm supposed to have tortured like this?"
She was so tired. But she answered aloud, whispering, "His name is Damon, of course."
And Meredith's own exhausted whisper, "Oh, my God. She was willing to die for a metaphor."
heart
Shadow Souls pg 390

She slipped behind Damon and pulled his black leather jacket off him. In the brilliant light she could see his black silk shirt marred by line after line of dried, partially dried, or just plain wet blood.
Elena looked down at her own bloody arms and at the goddess dress, which was now the horror dress because its pure milky whiteness was marred with brilliant red.

Red that should have been her blood. Red that must have felt like sword slashes into Damon's back as he channeled the pain and the marks of the Night of her Discipline from her to him.

And he carried me all the way home. The thought came swimming in from nowhere. Without a word about it. I would never have known...
And he still hasn't healed. Will he ever heal?
That was when she started screaming on all frequencies.
manar1310 commented…
OMG , this is my favorite scene of all the times :) it is so beautiful :) over a year ago
kiss
Shadow Souls pg 388

"Elena! Do you realize? We've done it. We've actually done it!"

"I know!" Tears were leaking out of Elena's eyes and all of Lady Fazina's music seemed to be swelling in one great, perfect chord. "We did it together!"

And then somehow--like all the other "somehows" that were getting to be a habit with them, Elena was in Damon's arms, sliding her own arms under his jacket to feel his warmth, his solidity. She wasn't surprised, either, to feel a double piercing at her throat when she dropped her head back: her lovely panther was really only a little tamed, and needed to learn a few basics of dating etiquette; such as you kiss before you bite."
laugh
Shadow Souls pg 350

To Elena's surprise, Lady Ulma nodded solemnly. "My seamstress friend has sent a priestess today to bless all the garments and to keep you from being victimized by vampires, of course. If that meets with your approval?" She looked at Elena, who nodded.

"As long as they don't keep Damon out of the way," she added jokingly, and felt time freeze as Meredith and Bonnie immediately turned their eyes on her, hoping to catch something in Elena's expression that would give her away.

But Elena kept her expression neutral, as Lady Ulma continued, "Naturally, the restrictions would not apply to your--Master Damon."
"Naturally," Elena said soberly.
heart
From Shadow Souls pg. 358

"Whatever happened, I promise I'll still be around for you," Damon said softly. "You've got my word on that."

pg. 383

"Still, Damon was taking this too far...farther than he had ever taken liberties with her , although, she thought wryly, he didn't know that. He was carressing the skin left unprotected by the ivory goddess dress, her arms, her back, even her hair. He knew how she liked that, how she could somehow feel it when her hair was held and the ends carressed softly or gently crushed in a fist.

...She let him feel her desperation, her guilt, even the treacherous desire she had to forget everything and let each minute carry her further on this wave of ardor that he had created.
crying
Shadow Souls pg. 393

"If you die again, I'll be wrapped in chains all over." The child (Damon's soul) showed her a pitiable picture of himself covered by coil after coil of heavy chains. In his mouth, gagging him. Pinning his arms to his sides and his legs to the ball. Moreover, the chains were spiked so that everywhere they dug into the child's soft flesh, blood flowed.
heart
Shadow Souls pg. 474-477

"I suppose it would be absurd for me to ask you to dance with me," Damon said.
...And now suddenly Damon was vulnerable? Yet he didn't imagine she would dance with him?

Damon was an expert, and not just at the precision of the steps. He danced the waltz as if it were still riotous and indecent. He had a firm lead, which of course Elena's human strength could not break. But he could interpret little signals of her own, about what she wanted and he obliged her, as if they were ice dancing, as if at any moment they might twirl and leap.
Elena's stomach was slowly melting and taking her other internal organs with it.

The waltz was over all too soon and Elena wanted to push the Replay button and do it from the beginning again. There was a moment just when the music stopped where she and Damon were looking at each other, with equal exaltation and yearning, and--
And then Damon bowed over her hand. "There is more to the waltz than just moving your feet," he said, not looking up at her. "There is a swaying grace that can be put into the movements, a leaping flame of joy and oneness--with the music, with a partner. Those are not matters of expertise. Thank you very much for the pleasure."
heart
From Midnight (Elena's Diary) pg. 4

How can you be terrified of someone who's kissed you and kissed you...and called you his darling and his sweetheart and his princess? And who has laughed with you with his eyes dancing with mischief? and who's held you when you were frightened, and told you there was nothing to be afraid of, not while he was there? Someone you only had to glance at to know what he was thinking? Someone who has protected you, no matter what the cost to himself, for days on end?

I know Damon. I know his faults, but I also know what he's like inside. And he's not what he wants people to think he is. He's not cold, or arrogant, or cruel. Those are facades he puts on to cover himself, like clothes.
-The problem is that I'm not sure he knows he isn't any of those things.
-I hadn't even realized myself how much Damon has come to mean to me. And I can't...stop...my feeling...for him, even if he hates me now.
kiss
Midnight
pg 17

Damon's thought: "Ye gods, the girl was priceless."

He was looking at her too long, he knew. Not just at the blood. At the glorious golden beauty of her, as if the child of a sunbeam and a moonbeam had entered his room and was harmlessly bathing him in light.

He'd had many years to study young women's responses. He knew what it meant when her gaze went first to his lips before lifting to his eyes.

Damon found himself half-supporting her weight. She was surrendering all thought of herself, showing him that despite everything she still trusted him, still...still loved him.

Desperately, urgently, he sought and found Elena's lips. And then he found himself losing all control. What he needed most was here, and Elena might tremble, but she didnt push him away.
This close, he was bathed in an aura as golden as the hair he was touching gently at the ends. He was pleased himself when she shivered in pleasure. Elena had been offering her throat, truly surrendering himself, abandoning all thought but that she wanted to aid him, that his wishes were hers. And now she was too deeply enmeshed in the kiss to even make plans--which was extraordinary for her.
She's in love with you, the tiny part of him that could still think said.

She was trying so hard to be brave with him! Poor doomed white soul with her demon lover. She rested in the circle of his arms, her head against his shoulder. Little wonder that she needed rest after all he'd put her through. But as for how she found his shoulder a comfort...well, that was beyond him.

He picked Elena up easily and stepped over the smashed cup and saucer. Elena automatically grabbed his neck with both hands to balance herself.
"Darling, what are you doing--?" Elena cried, then stopped, wide-eyed, two scalded fingers flying to her lips. Standing in the doorway, not to yards away from them, was petite Bonnie McCullough.
kiss
Elena hadn't asked to fall in love with Damon--but, oh what if she already had? What if she couldn't make the feelings stop?

Midnight pg. 359 -364

"Prince? Don't you need a night, then?" Damon breathed this directly into her ear. Elena stood like a statue. But what he said next rocked her entire universe. "You like the story of Camelot, don't you? Only here you're the queen, princess. You married your not-quite-fairy-tale prince, but along came a knight who knew even more of your secrets, and he called to you.."

(Damon)"But even when you fought, you felt the call of my heart to yours. Try to deny that...I wanted you to know how I felt about you before I died--or you did."

"You were magnificient," Damon said outrageously, "Forget it now. As for how I feel-maybe I'll get a chance to really show it to you someday."
Something sparked inside Elena "Someday? Sounds convenient. And why not now?"
"Do you mean that?"
"Do I habitually say things I don't mean?"
She was waiting for some kind of apology, some words spoken as simply and sincerely as she had been speaking to him. Instead, with the utmost gentleness, and without glancing around to see if anyone was watching them, Damon cupped Elena's scarf-bound cheeks with his bare hands, pulled the scarf just below her lips with his thumbs and kissed her softly. Softly--but not briefly, and something in Elena kept whispering to her that of course she had heard his call from the moment she first saw him, first felt his aura call to her.

As his lips touched hers, his arm around her...changed somehow. It was no longer trying to restrain her. It seemed to be wanting to comfort her. And when his other hand stroked her hair softly at the very ends, crushing the waves gently, and just as gently smoothing them out, Elena felt a rush of shivering warmth.
Damon wasn't deliberately trying to batter her with the strength of his aura, which at the moment was filled with nothing but his feelings for her...

She could see the tide was made of a chain of little moments strung like pearls. In each one of them was a tiny sparkle of admiration that Damon had for her; pearls for her courage, for her intelligence, for her beauty.
She realized that the way to calm this maelstrom was to become part of it, neither giving in nor forcing Damon to, but by meeting the passion in the undertow with what was inside her own heart.

As soon as she did, the undertow became wind, and she was flying and not drowning. No, it was better than flying, better than dancing, it was what her heart always yearned for. A high still place where nothing could ever harm them or disturb them.
crying
Midnight. Pg. 491

Elena slashed at her throat. Maybe subconsciously she avoided doing more than nicking her carotid artery, but if so it was entirely subconsciously. She simply reached down, found a metal knife, and with one sweep set the blood to gushing out. Bright red arterial blood, that even in the semi-darkness was the color of hope.

"Here, Damon. Here! Drink this. As much as you want--all you need to heal yourself."

But--Damon didn't drink. Not even the heady blood of his Princess of Darkness--Now it just ran out of the sides of his mouth. It flowed onto his pale face, soaking his black shirt and pooling in his leather jacket.

She fell right on top of her blood and Damon's body. Her cheek fell against his cheek.
And his cheek was cold. Even under the blood, it was cold.
Elena never knew when the hysterics began. She simply found herself shrieking and sobbing, beating on Damon's shoulders, cursing him. She was once again screaming at him to find some way to fight.

"Elena? Don't...cry, darling. I don't feel much of anything, except on my face. I...feel your tears. No more weeping...please,angel."

Elena immediately cupped his cheeks with her hands and kissed him on the lips.

"I just kissed you. I'm kissing you again. Can you feel that?"

"Forever,Elena," Damon said. "I'll...take that with me. It's part of me now...do you see?"
crying
Midnight pg 495

"It's comfortable and warm, and nothing hurts anymore. And--I almost feel as if I'm not alone. Don't laugh."

"You're not alone! Oh, Damon, don't you know that? I'll never, ever let you be alone."

Elena leaned her cheek against his cold and bloodly one. "I held you, darling, just like this--well, almost like this. All night. That was all you wanted, to not feel alone." (referring to the night in the motel in S.Souls.)

"Yes, and I'll tell you something even more precious. No one is alone. Not really. No one is ever alone." Elena.
sunny
The last chapter of Midnight pg 567

"There was a body on the ground on this spot--not quite a corpse. The body had no heartbeat; it did not breathe, and there was no brain activity. But somewhere in it there was a slow pulsing, that quickened very slightly as the tiny drops of Power fell upon it.

The pulsing was made up of nothing but a memory. The memory of a girl with dark blue eyes and golden haIr. To someone who only understood words, it might be translated:

"They are waiting for me. If I can figure out who I am."
And that sparked a fierce determination.

After what seemed like centuries but was only a few hours, something moved in the ash. A fist clenched.

And something stirred in the brain, a self-revelation. A name. DAMON.
heart
I absolutely love this scene!! Nightfall, page 434

(Elena is recovering)

"Now undress on the bed and pull the sheet over you. I do wicked massages," he added, turning away.

"Look, you don't have to not look. It's something I haven't understood since I...came back," Elena said. "Modesty taboos. I don't see why anyone should be ashamed of their body."

Damon stopped, groping wildly for words as he faced the bed. Elena had done as he had asked. He just hadn't realized how much she would look like Aphrodite arising from the ocean. The ruffled white of the sheet came up to the warmer milk-white of her skin. She needed cleaning, but just knowing that under that thin sheet she was magnificiently naked was enough to make him lose his breath.

Once the broth was duly consumed and Elena was lying on her back again, he began to gently massage her with the oil. Plum flower always made for a good start. It numbed the skin and the senses to pain, and it provided a basis for the other, more exotic, oils he planned to use on her....

...He could have what he wanted of her, now. Yes, she was in no mood to refuse anything. But he hadn't counted on what the damned sheet would do to him. And massaging Elena by inches this way only focused him on what lay beneath the snowy white fabric.

...Elena, turning over and showing a flash of creamy thigh while Damon tried to eye various other parts of the room.

"Depends on the naming traditions of the individual's native country," Damon said wildly. All he could see were replays of that glimpse of thigh.

"Are you warm now? All done," Damon said and, unwisely, patted the highest curve of terrain under the towel.

"Hey!" Elena reared up, and Damon--faced by an entire body of pale rose-gold and perfumed and sleek--and with muscles like steel under the silken skin--precipitately fled.

Damon found himself trying not to smile. He'd never been with Elena when the situation hadn't been life-or-death. Now, if he said he'd found he loved her mind after having massaged her naked under a sheet--no...No one would ever believe him.

And during her massage, where veins traced out lines of blue comet fire against an inverse sky. Damon was feeling something he hadn't felt for five hundred years. He was feeling desire. Human desire.

kiss
Nightfall pg. 449

There she was, brushing her hair out...a fair pretty maiden sat brushing her hair out...the sun in the sky was nonesuch so gold...Damon shook himself hard. Since when had he gotten into ye Old English folksongs? What was WRONG with him?

In an instant the blanked was off, the footstool had disappeared, and he was holding Elena bent backward with the slender column of her neck fully exposed to him.

He was enthralled. "What don't you know, sweetheart?"
She just shook her head, eyes shut.
To break the deadlock, he whispered into her ear, "What about this, then:"

Say I'm bold
And say I'm bad
Say--you vanities
--I'm vainer:
But you Erinyes, just add
I kissed Elena."

"I wouldn't mind being a drink if you'd like, but first, I'm so thirsty--as thirsty as you are, maybe?"

She did the little tap-tap-tap under her chin again.
Damon's insides melted.
He held out his hand and it closed around the stem of a delicate crystal glass...

Elena was drinking hers, her blue eyes wide above the deep violet of the wine as he told her some of its story. He loved to watch her when she was like this--investigating with all her senses fully aroused. He shut his eyes and remembered some choice moments from the past.

Elena had a 'grape juice' mustache. Damon wanted very much to kiss it away.