Damon & Bonnie Bamon Midnight Discussion Forum (Warning: Spoilers!)

ApplePie88 posted on Mar 15, 2011 at 04:32AM
Okay, so Midnight comes out tomorrow (finally) and I made this thread so that everyone has an opportunity to discuss the book, recite Bamon quotes from the book, their thoughts and opinions about it, rant and explode, etc.

So have fun, fellow Bamonators!

Damon & Bonnie 75 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 75

over a year ago veronicaaa said…
big smile
que buena idea espero que comenten mucho por que yo no lo tendré sino hasta mas tarde Y necesito saber que pasa
gran idea ApplePie88
over a year ago Maximumridefan said…
Okay, well i'm on chapter five of it and...it's okay so far. I didn't like the first two chapters because it was just Elena cheating in Stefan again, but it does get a little better. Damon's beging a jerk to everyone at the moment though...
over a year ago Lannieluv7 said…
Okay here are my overall thoughts:

1.) I hate to say it but Damon and Elena truly love each other and now Elena is realizing now that she loves him and she loves him as much as Stefan. But I think there will come a point where Damon just gets over Elena going back and forth with Stefan and him. I dont think it will be as easy for Damon now to be with Elena now that he has these strong feelings for Bonnie.

2.)Bonnie is head over heels in love with Damon and i feel so bad for her because she think that he will never love her back. She was comparing herself to Elena and was feeling so insecure. Especially when she heard Elena call Damon darling because she knew that Damon had feelings for Elena ,but now she knows that Elena wants him too. I think she should let Damon do a little chasing. But DAMON DOES LOVE BONNIE. He died for her. " She was like Bonnie. She said exactly what she thought, when she thought it." When Damon said this i realized he knows her and likes her personality. With Elena he always talks about her beauty but with Bonnie he always talks about her personality.
over a year ago ApplePie88 said…
@LannieLuv7: Great insight and analysis! :) So what are your thoughts regarding the whole Damon/Elena/Bonnie situation? Like me, do you think that Damon "loves" Elena with his mind but Damon loves Bonnie with his heart and soul? Because that is the honest feeling that I got from the book.
Yes i do think he loves Elena with his head and Bonnie with his heart. But he does unfortunately love Elena alot.I feel like he loves Bonnie but wont allow himself to realize it because he has his goal of Elena on his mind and that's all he wants right now. I wish he would back off Elena a little and concentrate on Bonnie. What i did get from the whole triangle is that Damon talks alot about Elena's looks and more about Bonnie's personality. I have no idea why LJ had Damon say that Elena is the only one Damon has ever loved after he died for Bonnie. But it makes me think he loves Elena with his head because when he was dying he was talking to elena wioth his head but the little boy in damon talked to bonnie.
I alos loved how possessive Damon was over Bonnie. Calling her his redbird.
LannieLuv7: I agree. Unfortunately, I think Damon does "love" Elena, but to me, it has always come off as an OBSESSION. It's an obsessive and selfish love. Whereas, Damon and Bonnie is a selfless love. I felt like when I was reading all of the Delena scenes, I felt like none of it was coming from Damon's heart, none of it was "heartfelt" and "deep". Again, this is just my opinion, but I have always found Delena and found Delena in this particular book, to be very obsessive, lust-based and shallow and I won't change my opinion on that. This book proved to me that BAMON IS SIGNIFICANTLY MORE DEEP, MEANINGFUL, AND EPIC THEN DELENA IS OR EVER WILL BE.
last edited over a year ago
Yeah and now suddenly Elena is all i love damon in this book. Anyways i loved the bamon moments especially the little ones like when Bonnie sees Elena and Damon and hears Elena call him darling and she runs off and Damon leaps after her. And how Damon wanted to visit Bonnie but she was on opposite side of the demension. And i liked that he kept talking about how brave and strong she was even though she is so naive and innocent.What were your favorite moments?
heart
LannieLuv7: You know what? I honestly cannot pick out one particular moment that was my favourite, because all of the Bamon moments were absolutely precious and so deep and meaningful. But if I'm being honest, as sad and depressing as it all was, I think the ending was my favourite part, when Damon's "little boy" (AKA his soul) was communicating with Bonnie while he was dying. I swear, when I was reading that scene, I literally BAWLED my eyes out, BAWLED. The tears were just coming down like crazy. That Damon/Bonnie moment was so incredibly intense, sad, overwhelming, meaningful, heartfelt, deep and emotional all in one and not only that, but it was extremely EPIC. I know that word is so overused, but it really was. I can honestly say that.....without a doubt, that that Bamon scene was genuinely some of the BEST writing by L.J. Smith. You can tell she put so much depth and heart into that one Damon/Bonnie moment/scene and she meant for it to have a lot of significance. It was just a beautiful moment and it to me, was very, very telling about what Damon really feels deep down (in terms of Elena and Bonnie). But aside from that emotional Bamon scene, I thought the book was overall very good and I was imrepssed. All of the Bamon moments were just precious and beautiful.
Yeah i know im halfway through the book but when i get there ill cry. Ive already read it online but ill cry when i see it on paper. I really loved how Damon without hesitation just jumped and took Bonnie's place and died for her. THATS EPIC.
heart
LannieLuv7: OMG, it is SO EPIC, I can't tell you. He didn't even hesitate. To me, THAT is true love, that is selfless love. And it means so much, because we all know as TVD novels readers (at least I do) that Damon is selfish with his life; he enjoys life and he wouldn't give up his life for ANYONE. Hell, I don't think that Damon would've died for Stefan and that is his own brother. So the fact that he died for this one girl (Bonnie), who I felt SO bad for throughout the entire course of the book, because she is so TOTALLY deeply, 100% crazy IN LOVE with him (Damon) and no, it is not an infatuation AT ALL. Bonnie LOVES Damon, inside and out and she accepts him wholly, completely and totally, flaws and all. SHE LOVES HIM AND ONLY HIM. She loves ALL OF HIM. And if I'm being completely honest, Midnight made me connect the dots. Remember After Hours? I honestly think now, that Damon and Bonnie have loved each other since they first met in After Hours, since the first time they saw each other. However, Damon ran away from it because he didn't understand the feelings and Midnight displayed the same thing. DAMON DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HIS FEELINGS FOR BONNIE BECAUSE IT'S INDESCRIBABLE TO HIM. Damon has never felt for someone at such a deep level that it's overwhelming for him. So what did Damon do? He ran away from what he was feeling (for Bonnie) and chased Elena, because that is what he is used to. CHASING AND OBSESSING. All of Damon's relationships are ego-based; he doesn't know or understand any better because what he feels for Bonnie is something that he has never felt in his entire life or existence, both as a mortal and as an immortal. And I would also like to say, that it is so scary, how Damon's "true inner self" comes out whenever he is with Bonnie or in her presence. Bonnie makes Damon so human and Damon makes Bonnie so much more stable and mature. They really complement each other in absolutely every single way. Bamon is amazing. <3
I totally agree.He was confused the whole time and i think he has been confused ever since the bathtub scene because he feel for Bonnie without even knowing it. It snuck up on him and he dosent know how to handle it.I wish Lj would be the one to keep writing them because she's so good at it. And i would like Damon to realize his feelings more and admit them. Yeah i felt bad for Bonnie she feels like Damon will only ever love Elena. I wishe he would give up on Elena.
over a year ago Isabellas_girl said…
laugh
Hi guys,how are you.Yesterday Midnight was realesed.Was it a good bbok and how was Bamon?From what I read you seem to like the Bamon moments a lot which means it was better than Shadow souls which is a relief.Lannieluv7 I hope now that the ghostwriters is writing the next series and they will be Delena free Damon will finally realise Bonnie is the only one for him.I just hope they don't make up another triangele because what makes Bamon so special is that Bonnie loves only him.My worst fear that Bamon will be droped and there will be only Stelen.:(
smile
bueno yo no lo he leído pero no me gusta eso de que bonnie terminara locamente enamora de el es demasiado eso le ara daño es claro si ella se enamora como loca y damon huye de sus sentimientos asia ella me dice que va a sufrir mucho por que damon sigue pretendiendo a elena y elena se enamora de el hasta damon le dijo que esta enamorado de ella :( pobre de mi bonnie

¿y que les parecio el libro en general Lannieluv7 ApplePie88?
¿vale la pena comprarlo?
over a year ago callisto88 said…
WOW. Seriously guys just keep on posting your thoughts cause I'm seriously falling even more in love with Bamon now. Forgive me for sounding ignorant but I was scared thinking Damon would end up with Elena after all the reviews i read on the internet so it was such a relieve for me after reading all of your reviews and I now have faith that book Bamon would end up together now =).
@Callisto88: Glad we could give you more optimism and hope about our precious Bamon! <3

I would like to say what really got me was when Stefan admitted in the end to Elena that Bonnie loves Damon ...and that he basically said that she (Bonnie) has loved him all along. But Stefan didn't realize how much she (Bonnie) actually really loved him (Damon) until the tragedy occurred. Stefan was aware that his brother had feelings for Bonnie the whole time but I think he was somewhat shocked and taken back by how much Bonnie really truly loves Damon. He (Stefan) basically told Elena that she (Bonnie) has been hiding it and keeping it inside for all this time because of Elena and her fawning over Damon. Because Bonnie is such a selfless friend and she didn't want to express these feelings out of fear of hurting her best friend (Elena). This book only proved to me how BOTH Stefan and Bonnie are the most selfless characters in the entire series. This whole Elena/Damon/Bonnie dynamic; it's like Scarlett and Rhett (& Ashley) in Gone With The Wind. Scarlett didn't realize how much she really, truly and deeply loved/ loves Rhett until Melanie, Ashley's wife, dies at the end of the story. It's a little bit different in this series in the sense that I see Damon as a male Scarlett, Bonnie as a female Rhett, Elena as a female Ashley and Stefan as a male Melanie.
@Veronicaaa: Vale la pena comprar. Usted disfrutará enormemente de los momentos Bamon. Ellos son todos tan sumamente preciosos y hermosos. Los momentos Bamon son también profundos, significativos. Pienso que usted disfrutará de este libro.

@Isabellas_girl: I can honestly tell you that I really enjoyed the book overall. Yes, there were some Delena moments but like a fellow Stelana fan told me before I actually read the book, the book was divided with it being 50% Stelena, 35% Bamon and about 15% Delena. So, there really wasn't that much Delena, not anywhere near as much as the ghastly Shadow Souls, which was a book that made me utterly roll my eyes in disgust. So, I would recommend buying it. :) I think you will greatly and inherently enjoy the Bamon moments throughout this book; they are highly deep, meaningful, precious and beautiful.
heart

ApplePie88 gracias
que bueno que solo es 15% Delena no soportaria tanta escena de ellos las detesto y las stelena me resultan buenas por que stefan estan bello caballeroso y tierno

sus comentarios me suben el animo
bueno eso de que damon y elena se enamoran de verdad me desilusiono muchísimo pero igual Damon tambien se da cuenta de su sentimientos por bonnie

ya quiero leerlo
smirk
@Veronicaaa: ¡No hay problema! Sí, detesto Delena tanto como usted hace. Creo que Delena no es nada más entonces lujuria y obsesión. Como dije antes, encuentro "el amor" de Delena el uno por el otro siendo muy egoísta, obsesivo y lujurioso en la naturaleza. No hay nada profundamente y significativo sobre su amor o unión en absoluto. El Bamon, por otra parte, es excepcional y épico en mi opinión. Como es Stelena. En mi opinión, Elena nunca amará a Damon el camino que ella ama a Stefan. Fuertemente creo que Elena sólo "piensa" que ella ama a Damon, porque por lo que veo y he leído en todas partes de la serie, Elena tiene esta necesidad profunda de intentar y salvar a Damon de él y pienso que ella hace esto para su propio orgullo y ego. Tan por lo tanto, la unión de Elena "o el amor" por Damon son bastante a base de ego. Es todo sobre el orgullo. El mismo camino que "el amor" de Damon por Elena es todo sobre la ganancia tratando de ponerse hasta con su hermano, Stefan. Es en qué la unión de Delena ha estado basada desde el principio de la serie: obsesión, lujuria, venganza, celos etc. No hay nada verdadero y genuino sobre Delena en absoluto y realmente está triste que los abanicos de Delena no pueden aceptarlo y verlo para cual es. El punto fundamental es que Delena es la lujuria obsesiva y Bamon es el amor verdadero.
over a year ago ItalianAngel89 said…
So I read the first 10 chapters online and the first 2-3 chapters were blah. I just wanted to reach through book and smack Elena upside her friggin head. Ugh. Poor Stefan. :( But after that, it has been okay so far. I liked it. So I guess i'll just buy the book and read it.
I really think he would have ended up with Bonnie if LJ wrote it.
LannieLuv7: If L.J. wrote what?
una pregunta
en el libro de midnight
¿se hace mención de despues de horas?
como lj dijo que aria un nueva versión de el (que aun no la ase)
no se el beso o damon le dice que fue al primera persona a la que conoció en el pueblo y la salvo de dos hombres lobos hambrientos
over a year ago stark-baby said…
I'm not trying to offend anyone but I think your going a little too far with this whole Bamen thing. Personally if Bonnie and Damen end up together I think it will ruin the series. I think that Damen thinks of Bonnie as a little sister or daughter even in the book when he called her a women he corrected himself by then saying she was a young lady. Bonnie is too young and innocent to ever be with him. He calls her his little redbird but he calls Elena his princess of darkness.
@Stark-baby: Um, you claim that you didn't come here to offend anyone, but you're basically calling us delusional for supporting our ship??? You're full of shit. That was exactly what your intention was. Please go away, you are trolling in the DB spot. And if I didn't know any better, I would say that you're INSECURE.

P.S. - Oh yeah, his name is D-A-M-O-N. Dumbass. At least learn how to spell the characters names right before judging ships in this series.
over a year ago CrazedBamonFan said…
laugh
lmao See Apple, that's why I like you. I don't even give a crap about the book series, but I was about to go off about the fact that this troll can't even spell the character's names right, therefore their opinion is invalid.
Lmao stark baby you cant even spell his name right.And he has corrected himself before calling her a maiden not a child look it up.
angry
CrazedBamonFan: Tell me about it. I'm just so sick of these stupid DE trolls coming on this spot and thinking that they can tell other people what to think. They're full of shit. I mean DAMEN?? What in the fuck??? This person wants to tell us that we're delusional for supporting Bamon and that we're taking it too far yet this person doesn't even know how to spell DAMON correctly??? Get the f*** out of here.
LOL And what's worse is that this troll ships Damon and Elena, but they can't even spell Damon's name right. What kind of crap is that? lol Don't ship something you can't spell child lmao
ahahhaha exactly.At keast come in with your facts right.

"Definitely a maiden not a child thought damon dizzily"
YEah she's too childish for him.
over a year ago Maximumridefan said…
laugh
I can't even be mad about this troll. As soon as I read "Damen" and "Bamen" I was laughing and couldn't work up anger. LOL
CrazedDamonFan: This just proves that Delena fans are stupid and have low IQ's. I hate to sound hateful, but they deserve to be called out on their shit. They bash on us for supporting our ship all of the time, so they definitely deserve to be called out when they make themselves look stupid. Calling them out on their BS is fun. :)

LannieLuv7: This is exactly what bugs me about Delena fans. They spout off their mouth without having read the whole fucking books, when they probably have only read the Delena parts. They have absolutely no right to dictate whether Bamon would be a good couple or not. Take off the effen Delena blinders and see their relationship for what it is: OBSESSION. This also proves that people like Stark-Baby or whatever the fuck his/her name is, can't comprehend the difference between lust and love. "Little sister"???? "Daughter"??? WHAT THE FUCK??????!! Do you kiss your little sister and daughter passionately on the lips throughout the course of the series?????? Incestuous much??? Ewwww!
Doesn't matter because we might still get Bamon in the books, DE's days are over however. So goodbye DE troll, come back when you have something worth listening to.
One minute I'm raging, and the next i'm laughing at these DE fans/trolls. LOL.
Damon to Bonnie: "Try a taste? Ladies - strike that - young women first." -Midnight

Delena fans need to get their shit straight before spouting off their entitled mouths. In fact, I like the fact that Damon has affectionate, tender and loving nicknames and pet names for Bonnie. Better then the nicknames he gives to that selfish slut Princess Elena, who fawns all over him like he's the 2nd coming of Jesus. It shows that Damon sees Bonnie as decent and Elena as some promiscuous tramp.
ahhahaha me too maximumride fan i was cracking up i didnt know what she was talking about?
smirk
I seem to be the only one raging. LMAO. Well, someone has got to be the tough one.
I love Bonnie's nicknames(kitten, Baby bird, little redbird). And what are Elena's ? Angel(oh look that was my nickname too. As a child) and Princess/Princess of Darkness. Pfft. the pet names are so much cuter.

@Applepie88: We'll let you do all the work. LMAO.
HEY DELENA TROLLS, WHO ARE LURKING IN THIS SPOT AND SPYING! READ THIS:

"Hi Emily—

Thank you for your beautiful email. I completely understand why some fans get overeager—and especially if they think there is bad news for them. I hope that you will enjoy Midnight, as it is truly the story of Damon finding his deepest feelings for both Elena and Bonnie—and his feelings are definitely not platonic. In fact, to be blunt, without Bonnie and something that Bonnie does at the end, Damon would be permanently dead.

But right now I have to tell you something that makes me so sad and devastated—as bad, in fact, as I have ever felt except for when my mother died. It’s confidential, but it’s been so long now that I just can’t keep up a charade with good-hearted readers like you.

To put it briefly, I’ve been fired from writing the Vampire Diaries. And I’ve been fighting and fighting this since last fall, but there is absolutely no recourse. Midnight is the last L. J. Smith book in the Vampire Diaries series.

It probably sounds completely impossible to say that I am fired from writing my own books. But the truth is that they’re not mine, even though I write every word. When I was called by an agent and asked to write the vampire trilogy, that agent wasn’t from a publisher, but from what is now Alloy Entertainment, Ltd. And they are a book packager. A book packager sells books, already made with covers and all, to publishers, like HarperCollins—my publisher for The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle. And both these series were written “for hire” which means that the book packager owns the books the author produces. Although I didn’t even understand what “for hire” meant back in 1990, when I agreed to write books for them, I found out eventually, to my horror and dismay. It means that even though I have written the entire series, I don’t own anything about The Vampire Diaries. And from now on, the books will be written by an anonymous ghostwriter, just as Stefan’s Diaries are. It will say “Created by L. J. Smith” on the cover, but I am not allowed even to change a word in the ghostwriter’s book.

You might wonder why the book packager and Harper would do this to me. I am not sure either, but usually a book packager gets very submissive, non-assertive writers to write for them—not to mention that most of them, writers or ghostwriters, have had a lot of publishers turn their books down. Book packagers are used to do a lot of editing on their author’s books—because the books need intense editing.

But I’m not submissive, and I always fight editing. In Midnight, I had to fight to keep many Bonnie scenes in the book. I’m not at all sure they liked the things I was doing with Bonnie and Damon—they kept trying to cut such scenes. And of course they didn’t like Elena’s behavior at all. They want strictly Stelena books.

So last fall when I gave them the book Phantom, they didn’t bother to give me edits. Instead, I was given a letter addressed to the ghostwriter by name, telling her to completely rewrite my book. They wouldn’t even listen when I pleaded and promised to do Phantom as they required. The simply took the series and gave it to the ghostwriter . . . to write not only The Hunters trilogy, but whatever comes after that.

They have always tried to minimize my participation in The Vampire Diaries. On the very first original books in 1990 my name was almost invisible on the cover. And now they have my manuscript of Phantom, and the book the ghostwriter writes from it may even sound like I wrote it in places, because they have the right to use my work as they see fit. But the book after that . . . that will be pure ghostwriter. I would guess that they think you readers won’t see or care about the difference in writing styles and skills.

I have said this to another Bamon fan, and I’ll say it now. I had so many plans for Bonnie in The Hunters trilogy.
First of all, in Phantom, I had her showing a lot more emotion, grieving right along side Elena because—well, because Damon does something almost unbelievable for Bonnie in Midnight and he doesn’t get out unscathed.
I won’t spoil it if you don’t know. But they wanted Bonnie to have just put it all behind her—and with Bonnie’s character, I don’t think so! She is always completely openhearted with her emotions; even though she has matured so much in Midnight, she’s still Bonnie, who says exactly what she thinks, even if she hasn’t had a dose of Black Magic wine.

I wanted to write Moonsong, and give Bonnie an admirer who is just as sweet and even more naïve than she is—a pure white wolf with radiant blue eyes, who happens to be a werewolf with moonlight colored hair and the same blue eyes when he’s human. I wanted to show Damon’s surprising reaction to Xander the good werewolf (not at all happy about it—so much that he “accidentally” almost kills the poor innocent wolf) .

I also wanted to show how Damon rescues Bonnie from a vicious wolf-pack attack, and then let her fly away with him. And I wanted to show how Bonnie, who knows a little medicine from her sister Mary, helps Damon deliver Caroline’s twin babies when she goes into labor deep in the woods. But that’s one scene that I would have had to fight tooth and nail for, because even the glow that Damon and Bonnie share at seeing new life come into the world wouldn’t be enough for them to call it decent. They would undoubtedly have tried to make me cut it. But I still want to write it, so badly.

I even had the last book in that trilogy plotted out, where Stefan’s worst nightmare comes true and he takes so much blood from Elena that has to be taken to the hospital for a massive transfusion. He then decides to Influence Elena so hat she will forget his existence, and he does so, to Damon and Bonnie and Meredith’s consternation. I wanted to show how this affected each one of the characters, and how Bonnie once again begins to write in her diary, since Elena’s diary is also forgotten, along with Stefan. I like to write things from Bonnie’s point of view, as I did in Dark Reunion. But none of these things will happen, beause I won’t be around to write it. And I just can’t keep up the pretense any long with wonderful fans like you. I can’t pretend that Bonnie and Damon’s relationship will continue to grow as Damon learns to respect her as well as to love her. She has become “his girl” but I can’t follow up on that. I had to tell the ghostwriter that he would address Bonnie as “little redbird” when he speaks to her.

Sorry for the long rant, but the charade is over for me. I don’t know how Phantom will turn out, with a blend of my manuscript and the complete rewriting of it by the ghostwriter. But I dread it, and even more do I dread what the next books will be like. I’ve worked so hard to make Vampire Diaries a good series, only to have the unthinkable happen to me. And I have no one but myself to blame for not being submissive enough.

Lisa
L. J. Smith"

Even L.J. Smith confirmed that Damon's feelings for Bonnie are ROMANTIC. But then again, Delena fans think that romanticism is all about lusting and obsessing over someone. Oooops! My bad...
kiss
Delena fans think that romanticism is all about lusting and obsessing over someone.

Sounds like a one night stand in Vegas to me LMAO
laugh
CrazyDamonFan: ROFLMFAO!! That made me laugh out loud. :P
I don't think Delena fans realize that the fact that Bonnie is "innocent", "pure" and has this "maidenly persona" is what makes Damon attracted to her. He sexually desires young maidens. This is his weakness physically. However, when it comes to Bonnie, it is deeper then the fact that she is a maiden why Damon has deep feelings for her. It's her soul/personality that Damon loves. He always talks about who she is more then what's on the outside, whereas with Elena, all Damon talks about is how hot she is. Shallow much?
over a year ago JaceClaryTMI said…
Can I be 100% honest? I really didn't like the book at all. I mean yes I ADORED all the Bamon moments but then Elena came and it just basically ruined it all for me. I didn't like the first to chapters with all the Delena crap...I loved how Damon sacrificed himself for Bonnie though and how he set out to save her, and how he kissed her<3. But once Elena and Stefan got to the Dark Dimension I was just waiting to get back to Matt & Meredith's plot line...I got the book yesterday and finished it yesterday...I just really wish there was more Bamon...Oh and I really wanna know what the little boy in Damon's soul told Bonnie when Elena's link got cut...And I loved how Bonnie forgives Damon but Elena never does that right off the bat like Bonnie does.
over a year ago Minaftw said…
heart
The Bamon talk on here has brought tears of joy to my eyes, screw Elena, go for Bonnie Damon!
over a year ago Minaftw said…
and my dad called me angel and princess as a little girl
those pet names aren't sexy
MinaFTW: OMG, THANK YOU. I was just going to say that. My Dad called me angel and Princess when I was a child as well. Damon has called Bonnie "maiden" several times and he refers to Bonnie as "his maiden". Trust me, Damon is strongly sexually attracted to Bonnie; the fact that she's different from all the girls he's used to being drawn to, fascinates Damon.
over a year ago samjhart said…
heart
Oh my god. I just realised that I hadn't made a forum reply to what Apple asked me on Midnight. I saw this forum and.. Sorry guys, I've been a jerk.

Ok, here's what I think. Yes, Elena loves Damon. But does she love the real Damon? In short, no. In Midnight Elena comes off to me more confused than ever. She wants and loves Stefan and then realizes she wants/loves Damon. Er really? As I read the book, I came to the conclusion, that Elena definitely cared for Damon which could be labelled love but more than that, she was in love with the idea of being loved by him. The idea, was consistency, with how thrilled Elena would be let Damon steal a kiss or a touch/feeding with Stefan only feet away. It was the thrill of doing something so forbidden that turned her on. But did Elena know Damon as much as she thought? No. Even though there was that whole saga of her seeing the little boy in 'SS' to help her understand him better. She actually failed to grasp imo the very basic of who Damon is. He ISN'T just the Salvatore bad boy, and you can't control him. What I found shocking is, Elena somehow believed that she had changed him, now that she was giving in to what he wanted. The problem is, though, its not a game. And Damon is not a puppet whose strings you can pull in return for something. In short - Elena is a control freak. A terrified one, fears losing Stefan whilst trying to sort out her feelings for Damon. Its amazing, how much time Elena has spent with Damon she failed to realise how much in love he was with Bonnie until the very last moment. Made for each other? Soulmates? Nah. She didn't EVEN know about this fundamental change within him until Damon had died

Woah I rambled! :O
over a year ago silvina19 said…
hmmm
hello everyone!!
im going to the college now !! im in a rush im going late but i want to stop here before to said that i read some parts of the ten chapters than are online and i cant read nothing that was involved with elena ! i think that SS ruined my chances at some point be able to enjoy the books completely ...
and as far as i could read i only can think "poor, poor bonnie!!!
but i lol when matt punsh damon in the face he really decerve it and more!!!

heh sorry the errors i dont have time to correct.. hopefuly you still will ve able to understan what i meant!
@MinaFTW: Same here. I dont think I had princess, but Angel was one of my nicknames growing up. I remember princess being my nieces' nicknames.
over a year ago uluai said…
how many chapters midnight has?