Damon & Bonnie Bamon is so underrated, it's not funny.

ApplePie88 posted on Feb 28, 2011 at 08:04AM
It just hurts me like hell to know that Bamon is so incredibly underrated and overlooked by so many TVD fans. I mean, how can people seriously overlook this connection? Why can't some people, mainly the Delena fans, just come to accept that there is something going on between Damon/Bonnie, something intensely and deeply meaningful and serious? I just don't understand how any TVD fan could ever take the Bamon connection for granted. I mean, it's SO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL! Whether it is in the books or on the TV show, no matter how little scenes that these two characters share together, every single scene and interaction between them is pure magic. Delena fans bitch and complain when they don't get a Delena scene in ONE fucking episode but us Bamon fans have it worse because we get even less scenes then they do. Hell, nevermind the couples aspects of the show, what about individual characters? It seems as though characters such as Stefan, who happens to be the MAIN MALE LEAD and the MAIN MALE PROTAGONIST OF THE ENTIRE SERIES, and Bonnie, who is a major and most important character after Elena, Stefan and Damon, seem to hardly get the necessary screentime that they actually deserve. I mean what has this series become? Bamon is so incredibly underrated and this hurts my heart for real. It does pain me, and I'm not normally one to complain incessantly, but it does pain me that we get so little Bamon interaction but at the same time, any Bamon interaction that we do get on the show is absolute magic, I cannot even explain. I was just rewatching the episode "The Sacrifice", when Bonnie goes over to the Salvatore's house in order to help them and I could not believe the glances between Damon and Bonnie. I mean...Damon was looking at her, I mean, really looking at her. I'm not sure if that is just Ian/Kat's intense and hot chemistry (they totally look like they both want to rip the clothes off of each other in those small scenes together) but whatever it is, whether it is purely Ian/Kat or if it was intentional (I doubt it was intentional because I don't think the writers want to show Damon interested in Bonnie in that way, at least not yet in my opinion). So, I'm guessing that those smoldering hot glances in "The Sacrifice" were 100 % Ian/Kat. The eye sex was just whoa. I noticed the same glances between the two in "Plan B", when Damon keeps looking at Bonnie when she's not looking at him directly; as if he is secretly checking her out. Now again, I question whether that is purely Ian/Kat or if that was also intentional. I can't help but feel like it's the first one. Like I have said many times before, the Ian/Kat spark and chemistry is just off the fucking charts, and in my honest opinion, THE WRITERS OF THE SHOW ARE FUCKING WASTING IT. Because in those episodes, Damon is giving Bonnie a lot of smoldering, romantic/sexual type glances and I don't think Damon is really supposed to look at her in that way yet. But regardless, I don't understand how many fans of the show and even of the books can overlook the meaningful and deep connection that is Bamon. The way I see it, Bonnie is Damon's true love and soulmate. The only thing that the books need to do in order to confirm this is to implement the "Soulmate Principle" between Damon/Bonnie, the silver cord connection. A part of me feels like in the next trilogy, in the book Phantom, the Soulmate Principle will be implemented in that book, except it will show Damon and Bonnie as being the soul mates. It wouldn't surprise me considering that at the end of Midnight, [SPOILER ALERT!] Damon "dies", but comes back and ends up in another dimension [SPOILER ALERT!/] and in my opinion, the only way for Bonnie to "see" him would be for her to have an "out of body experience", the same way that Elena had an out of body experience to see Stefan in Shadow Souls in the prison in the Dark Dimension. But, I don't know, I am just speculating. That is my strongest feeling regarding Bamon in the books though. Because everything in the series has told me that Bamon is "destined/meant to be". Look at how they met in After Hours, if that is not destiny, I don't know what is. Damon and Bonnie met in such an unexpected and unusual way and most of the time, that is how most ultimate soulmate pairings tend to meet each other; in unexpected and unusual circumstances, a 'destined setting'.

I know I am ranting but I hate that Bamon is taken for granted by so many of the TVD fans. When are the fans of this series actually going to come to realize that Bamon is so incredibly EPIC and is the definition of real, true love? Thoughts?
last edited on Mar 02, 2011 at 05:50PM

Damon & Bonnie 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...