Daft Punk How has Daft Punk inspired you?

ikanobori posted on Aug 01, 2008 at 04:11AM
When I was but child, I asked for Daft Punk's Discovery for Christmas after seeing parts 1-4 on the Midnight Run of Toonami. I received the album, and Christmas morning I put that disc into the CD player. I loved everything about it. I listened to it over and over, non stop. And, for some reason, I just stopped listening to them in middle school. Then, I remembered how good they were and bought Alive 2007 and Musique 1993-2005. I began studying techno and electronica extensively, and became even more obsessed with Daft Punk, causing me to buy Homework to learn from it. I followed up with Human After All. So, I tried making music. I was pretty bad at first, and now I consider myself an amateur DJ. Music has become a huge part of my life, and I perform locally to play music for others and show the music I've created to others as well. Daft Punk has kept me going, and their quotes have inspired me, as well as their music. My question to you is...
How has Daft Punk inspired you? It doesn't have to be music related. It can be anything.

Daft Punk 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago doonis said…
Daft Punk (among other musicians) have shown me that you can make cool, interesting music without traditional instrument. Right now I don't really have the technology to make their style of music, but I'd like to someday.
over a year ago ikanobori said…
I agree with you, doonis ^^
I'm saving up to purchase a synthesizer so I can stop sampling in my music so much.
over a year ago niceapril said…
Well, 'Around The World' once on the radio and i just thought to myself i have to hear that again. I told my sister about it, and she told me that her boyfriend and her loved Daft Punk. I started listening to all of their songs and started drawing their name all over my arm. I became obsessed. That's why i joined here. To share my passion for Daft Punk with other fans. xx
over a year ago daftgal123 said…
i think its inspire me by their awsome music styleing and i think they are like the gods of techno rock
over a year ago daFul5 said…
yeah!
over a year ago lawlswhut said…
They've inspired me to be awesome all the time.
over a year ago whiteclaw said…
cool
They have inspired me by wearing those costumes. It shows that you can be daft and still be cool.
over a year ago technochik said…
When I was 3, my neibors would play Daft Punk songs non-stop. Since I used to live in an apartment, I would always hear the songs. I became addicted. I remembered the songs beats and melodies throughout all my life but not knowing who Daft Punk is. Then I heard the name DAFT PUNK, googled them, listened to their music, tears ran through my cheek...I've finally found them. They also showed me that there is more to music than just knowing who you are from magazines and stuff. They thought me that all the personal things an artist can give is their passion for music, not the "star system" and "celerity status"
Daft Punk forever an influential duo to their fans<3
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Regina_DaftPunk said…
Yes they have on me... i am 11 and they inspired me to take dj lessons at the age of 9... although i only mixed songs.... I sucked at the turntables though. I liked them since i was seven... In my heart, they won't die down.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Joey77 said…
To wear my love of the band on my sleeve :p

link
over a year ago litwin55 said…
Me by there reason for the helmets.
over a year ago NothingDafty said…
I have heard then since I was a little girl, so I have just always loved them.