C.S. Lewis What is your favourite C.S Lewis work and why?

SRitchieable posted on Aug 26, 2011 at 11:23PM
WHY do we like C.S Lewis?

Perhaps its easier to ask, which of his works do we like best and why?

My favourite C.S Lewis work is "Miracles." It's a philosophical/theological work dealing with (amongst other things) HOW we know God exists (if we only want to use reason that is - we know God exists because He does) AND the meaning of immorality. Before reading "Miracles" I thought of Heaven as a place of clouds and Divine Light. When I picked up "Miracles", and read what Lewis was writing there, it was a shock to my view of cosmology. I read "Miracles" twice before I truly understood - in my heart - what Lewis was saying. And my conception of Heaven finally blossomed into an understanding of what it is really like!

(And I'd like to thank Warnie Lewis - C.S's beloved brother - for whatever role he played in helping C.S write "Miracles." Warnie is the unsung hero of the Lewis Saga!).

What's your favourite C.S (& Warnie) Lewis work and why?
WHY do we like C.S Lewis? 

Perhaps its easier to ask, which of his works do we like best and why?

C.S. Lewis 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago SeddieCreddie said…
heart
My favourite is Lion, the Witch, and the wardrobe because it was the first of his that I read and it was really awesome. It helped my imagination and brought me to a whole new world, so magical and creative. It made me believe that anything can happen if you just believe in it and that every door opened leads to another adventure. :)
over a year ago cloudcastle said…
sunny

( :

Hello SRichieable . . .

So far, the best book could equal The Chronicles of Narnia as the kingdom of the babies could be calling.

There could be 3 . . .

1. The kingdom of the babies.

2. The kingdom of the children.

3. The kingdom of the adults.

I could imagine that 1 could be going to 2 and to 3; and that 3 could be going to 2 and then to 1.

The Chronices of Narnia could be a 2 going to 1 type of story.

After The Holy Bible, there could be Father Christmas, Santa Claus, North, Peter Pan, Aslan and Harry Potter types of stories.

There could be an eternal future.

I could imagine that could be up to people and God to guide them.

To continue to get married and have children, should God so allow ( the miracle of a baby being born could be up to God I could say ), may not be that bad of an idea for time to continue to go forwards.

3 . . .

1. abc in time for babies of God.

2. ABC in time for children of God.

3. Forwards in time for adults of God.

Nice and sunny here today !

Hope you have a happy Sunday.

( :