Californication charlie's sunglasses?

alfons posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 07:38PM
Anybody out there that happens to know what kind of sunglasses Charlie Runkle wears in the first season?
The ones that I'm talking about are the semi-transparent ones.

Californication 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago whoisthismike said…
After some internet searching, ive found a possible match!

Check out : slamxhype.com/fashion/clear-frame-sunglass­es/­
and hubpages.com/hub/bestsunglasses

Then scroll down to the section for Paul Smith and Oliver Peoples 'clear-framed sunglasses"
The picture is of clear frames, like rayban wayfarer style, with a rose lens. I know charlies are green tint...but i have had an almost impossible time finding anything similar.

"Paul Smith Clear"

I cant seem to find these available to purchase anywhere, if you find them, share the wealth!
Paul Smith and Oliver Peoples 'clear-framed sunglasses"
Paul Smith and Oliver Peoples 'clear-framed sunglasses"
I have also found a website that claims to have the sunglasses that Charlie wears.

They claim they are called the "El Rey" in crystal sunglasses from a company called l.a.Eyeworks based out of Los Angeles CA on Melrose Avenue. The model that is shown is the color "apple drop" with clear or no lenses as seen on the website but hopefully they can direct me to find ones with tint and in crystal.Here's their website address.

link

I have sent an email to the company to inquire about the price and or availability of the sunglasses.
I have also found a website that claims to have the sunglasses that Charlie wears.

They claim they