Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Scoobies - Results and Event Planning

ArabellaElfie posted on Jun 25, 2009 at 05:01AM
Hiya all! As you all should know the Scoobies voting period ends this Friday (June 26th 2009) and we now have the awesomness of chat so it's very possible we can do a live chat and I'll reveal the winners throughout.

What I need to know is what do we want to do? I've arranged to take the entire weekedend off (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) so I'm game for anything.

What do we want to do? Rewatchaton with results scattered throughout? Trivia? General discussion? Something more formal? Any ideas you have would be great and if you want in just post when you would be able to do something and we'll see if we can all work together to find a good time.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
smile
I am completely free all weekend, I am up for anything. Just my personal opinion, the rewatchathan with the results in between might be hard due to time differences, people having certain chunks of the day booked, a big drawn out multiple episode plus winner announcements ceremony just seems like a time consumer to me, but hey, if people can make it work, by all means make it work :)
I like the trivia idea though!
How long are you expecting this whole "award ceremony" to last? Just an estimate.
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
smile
Hmmm... Well... Where exactly are you guys? I'm In australia, so... I think trivia sounds fun. A rewatchathon would be hard, due to the length of the episodes...
We're both in the United States, but in different states (I'm in Wisconsin, she's in New York) so we're also in different time zones :)
over a year ago em_em said…
What day are we thinking is gonna work best? I'd say a Saturday or Sunday rather than Friday. I also think a watch-a-thon would be awesome! But time difference is a big problem already with the chat and its only been up for a little bit :(

OH NO! I think I my have double booked my self!! :(
I just realised that I committed myself to helping out on a trip to London on Saturday and I REALLY need to go and rescue my telly, which I forgot at my uni house (yes I'm an idiot!!!) at some point over the weekend :(

I'm wondering, might be more work for someone but could be worth it for others, if the chat convo could be put into an article for those not able to attend? Not entirely sure how this would work, if at all! I think it would depend on how the results are announced and the convo around the announcements. Just a thought, and a kinda possibly selfishly motivated one lol :) but thought I'd throw it out there for thought or dismissal.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
im actually more free on the friday night :P
oh dear, this is such a pickle

well how ever we decided to reveal the results, i think they should deffinatly be put into an article anyway, for those who miss it :) ♥
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Well, I am free all weekend and Friday. So is there anything that I can do to help
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Hmmm, I have ideage. Let's see how this works - if I'm wrong let me know. Thus far I have this;

Cat - Free like a wild bird

Ariel - Also a free, wild, avian sort of creature

Claire - Friday night (I would assume this is around 8pm UK time so around 3 pm NY time)

Em - Recovering the precious one and booked on Saturday, Sunday works best

Katie - has no life and will be available all weekend

Hmmm, so, here is my thoughtage. Votes are coming in to me tonight and tomorrow so Friday night is really, really tight and dependant on the votes coming in and my math being right, so I'm going to suggest that on Friday we 'open' the Scoobies with general chat and around 2pm NY time (7 pm UK time, 1 pm Cat time) we do a rewatchaton of maybe two or three episodes and we provide our own running commentary. I will suggest that OMWF is sort of a have to. Perhaps I could even hint at certain results as I will be tabulating them at this point most likely. This gives Claire something that should be great.

Saturday - I will be on all day. I'll host some trivia (I have Trivia books so it won't be online clickableness), we can play hangman, maybe throw in an episode and take 'bets' (on virtual kittens) in the big categories. Any other games people can come up with would be great.

Sunday - We will have the actual 'ceremony' on Sunday. The ceremony will most likely be me giving off the results (a copy/paste thing probably) from the article I will write up on Saturday. I'm honestly not sure how long it will be, I'm thinking it will probably be around 2 hours? That is a vague guess though so don't quote me on this. Also, at the end we can discuss future events - I have a few ideas that have been dancing around my head.

So, what do we think? Ariel, Cat, and myself are covered. The rewatch is on Friday so we have Claire attending a function (hopefully you can make more) and then Em is only missing the game night. Anybody have another idea? I'm sorta stuck.
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
smile
well that sounds great to me, as long as the results are posted in an article in case people miss it :)

the scoobies just happened to fall on a busy weekend for me (and they dont happen very often) but i will be okay to just pop in and out as much as i can.
i will probably be around on the sunday night for the results, so its only the saturday that im missing. i can always stay up late (as i cant sleep on sunday nights anyway) so the time difference wont be as much of an issue :) ♥
Yay! I'm of the happy.

Just curious, I'm going to article up the results but does anybody know a way to get a transcript of the chat?
over a year ago em_em said…
worried
Ok...erm...I got my days mixed up :S
Its Sat I'm going to go and get 'precious one' on Sat and going to London on Sunday :S
So I think I'm gonna be busy during the day on both days but about in the evenings and nights.
I blame my muddled brain on me being back at work and the heat!
SCOOBIES ON SATURDAY NIGHT, APPROX. 7 PM NY TIME!
Yay, tonight works perfectly! Can't wait :D