Buffy the Vampire Slayer Last Week On The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Spot.... Our Newscast

ArabellaElfie posted on Jun 21, 2009 at 12:32AM
Hi everyone!

I'm thrilled to announce a new event on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Spot! It's our very own weekly newscast! Each week (not yet sure of day) I will go through this forum and do a mic bit (up to 10 min) on what is happening on our Spot. If you see a video that is great and far above what we normally find let us know, see an image that is just fantastic, link it here. A pick that won't leave your noggin? A comment that made you crack up? Link them right here or post them here.

Also, as I've been thinking about this all night - if you find something that was added a long time ago, a sort of hidden gem, link it. Anything you see that stands out.

This is still a developing idea but I think it will be great so if you have any suggestions, any linkage, have a mic and want to get involved, let me know right here.

Fangs and Kittens,
Katie
last edited on Jun 21, 2009 at 02:24PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 50 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
First Intro and newscast - link
Idea from Claire - The proper way to pronouce Bangel. Is it Bangel like the band and braclet or B-Angel
Mention FGT
Remembering to properly credit and keyword things
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
laugh
you having fun talking to yourself here Katie? XD ♥
Yes...I am.

Bangel rinage....imagine Angel going shopping to buy it.

I need a list of some sort so I have an idea what to say.
over a year ago Cinders said…
B-A-N-G-E-L

It's in the way it's spelled.

"Bangle" is the bracelet, and there's a reason that the "e" comes AFTER the "l". Just as "angel" and "angle" have completely different meanings when you reverse the last two letters, so, my friends, does "Bangel" and "Bangle." "Ge" in the middle of a word almost always denotes a soft "g" not a hard "g" such as in words like "charge," "gerund" and "age." In addition to that, "Bangel" is a hybrid word created from smashing the names "Buffy" and "Angel" together, and therefore, it would only make sense to pronounce it "B-Angel" because David's character is named ANGEL not ANGLE.

</rant>
Also, you absolutely must check this video out: link
over a year ago em_em said…
heart
I agree the BtVS vs Twilight video should deffinately be mentioned!!
Got it! Just watched it - completely perfect!

Also, if anybody medals up or something I'll mention it for them.

Cinders, if it's alright with you, I'm basically going to read your rant.
Hahaha go for it.
Cat's user picks
Inspired by yours truly! ;o)

link where link is due, after all!

Though Cat shows link to the series than I did, or even link. LOL!
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
smile
I was hoping it was okay that I used the idea, I noticed them and thought it was a really fun idea so I put my spin on it and made a lot more :) I should do them on a regular basis as more fans join and become active =)
last edited over a year ago
Oh, honey, of course, of course!!! Just because I'm lazy doesn't mean the rest of the Buffy spot should go without picks! You do as many of them as often as you like.
Bumpity
New Ideas go below here!
bumpity....please?
*pokes* Claire would like you to continue the FGT reminders :P

-alsooooooo i think the comments on link are quite interesting. a couple of things ive never noticed before *nods*
-Almost 2000 wallpapers added

yeah thats all i can think of right now, considering its after 5am :P ♥
Thank you Claire!

Are you still up, or up early? I'm thinking you are afraid somebody will attempt to steal your leather
I'm up late, actually considering sleeping soon, before the sun gets me all dusty :P

It's my leather. *runs away* ♥
mischievous
Well, you did ask Spike to please bite you...now you get to unlive with that hickey. *jealous*

Wait until you go to sleep...then we will see who has the leather
In that case *drinks caffeine* :D

Claire would loooove a Spike hickey...*drools* ♥
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
over a year ago babybell said…
claire = LOL, most people would :P
Debs is top fan...even though she hasn't been online sinse god knows when :P ♥
crying
Debs.....miss her. :(
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
Can you take a photo of your hair?
are we having news from other buffy related spots (like ships or indervidual characters spots) or is it just news from this spot? ♥
Claire, my thought is as long as it's somehow related to Buffy in any which way - Joss, Ships, characters, actors, writers, big news in relation to the Buffy fans - that it works.

Everybody else agree?

Alice, you want me to reveal myself?
Thats cool, i thought so anyway *nods*

Not just Alice. Claire too :D
(come on chat, im lonley :P) ♥
Trying to drag me out of the shadows...I like it here.

FGT if it's still valid
Angel
Slayage
FGT votes are valid till 18th...then once the results are up feel free to advertise them :P ♥
The naming of the Angel Awards...shouldn't there be a book on this? Top 100 Names for Events based on the Television Series 'Angel' by Joss Whedon?
link
*is all excited* ♥
big smile
link

link

:D ♥
Yay Tush!!!! I love that song :)

I need to mention a certain artsy fellow....
Who created the Angel spot? I need to know.
surprise
link :O:O:O ♥
over a year ago Mermaid-Tail said…
smile
I don't suppose you could mention the amount of repeat picks we've had on the spot lately? A reminder to new users to check if something's been asked fifty thousand times before asking again? We seem to be having a weird surge of them recently, and it's starting to bug me. I don't mind repeat picks generally, it's an honest mistake and doesn't always occur to new users to use search to check a pick has been asked, but it annoys me when it's something as obvious as 'who is hotter, Spike or Angel?'. Honestly, on a Buffy spot with this many picks do they truly believe nobody has thought to ask that before? When it's something that will of course have been asked before like that it's annoying, and recently we've had lots of questions that will obviously have already been done. It just seems like they're making picks for the sake of it knowing it'll be a repeat, because I don't believe they really thought they were the first (or second...third...even fourth) people to ask something like 'best slayer?' or 'Buffy with spike or angel?'

Ok, ranty overreaction over :)
link.

Because they made me giggle.

If you mention them, make sure to name the original artist at deviantART.
My videos that I added of the Buffy cast panel at the reunion!
all added.
Bump
link
and
link
They're both just so awesome, you should mention them :)
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
See, everyone wants to see your hair. Pretty please? I'll... wash your profile page...
My hair has sort of mellowed back out to a blondish red sort of color. Haven't you seen me? I think a few people know what I look like now.