Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Scoobies - Icons & advertising

ArabellaElfie posted on May 19, 2009 at 05:12AM
Hello to all. This forum is simply made for icons and advertising of the Scoobies. Don't know what the Scoobies are? Well, the Scoobies are the brand new fan run Buffy Oscars right here on the good ol' Pop, where we will honor any and everthing that you, the fans, would like to - from the grossest demon to the best video upload on a Buffy related spot!

I will be making icons for anyone who wants one advertising this event. I'll make you more than one if you want and I'll put whomever you wish upon it. Want Dean (Supernatural) to talk about the beauty of the Desoto or Lily (How I Met Your Mother) to mention how wonderful Willow's hair looks all short and bouncy? I'll do it for you. If it is not Buffy related please give me a link or something to the character as I may not know them.

In addition, have a good quote that might work for a profile page? Post it. Mention the event anywhere else on the pop? Link it. Make a quiz question about it? Make with the linkage. The spot has been slow so let's make this a big deal.

link

link

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 36 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Icons

link

link

link
Icon requestions yet to be filled:

Ariel - Spuffy
Cat - Spike
Coop - Caleb
Links I've put up

link

link

link

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Cinders said…
Make me one with Oz, and I'll be sure to sport it until the event arrives. :o)

PS: I'll also make some fancomics and banners for this thing.
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
Can I have one with Barney (From HIMYM) saying "It's gonna be LEGEN-wait-for-it-DARY!"
then underneath The Scoobies - (And then the date)
Is that too much? If so, then it's ok. Thanks AE (can I call you that?)
You both got it!
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Ur going to be a busy bird Kate
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
OK, I just hit Bangel, Spuffy and Bangel Vs. Spuffy with links:

link

link

link

So now that I'm on your good side ;) I'm going to be a complete pain in the ass: I didn't know I could request a non-Buffy icon. If there's any way I could request an Agent Cooper icon (I can give you a link to some good pics if you like) saying "Diane, The Scoobies are coming." I would be forever in your debt. However, if you've already put a great deal of hard work into the Caleb one I will wear it proudly and understand completely! So don't worry if you just want me to stick with Caleb! :)
No problem Coop! Just send me a link or two with images you like. I have to run to the salt mine (seriously, I work at a salt mine, we mock the pepper people), but I shall return in about 9 and a half hours for icony goodness!
I work at a pepper mill. That was hurtful.
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
smile
i wont be changing my icon (whole never changed it thing)
but i would be happy to make some, if you need any help :) ♥
Coop, I would reply with an LOL or *giggle* but I feel it might lessen the incredible humor of that statement.

Calire, you can't change your icon! It's always been Sweeny. Have to keep it that way or I will be all confused and confuzzled. Anything you can make would be loved and cherished.
heart
I've been a very busy bee. Buzzing around, gathering honey, the whole nine yards (what does that mean?).

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

I think I got everybody.

Ariel - Spuffy DONE
Cat - Spike DONE
Coop - Caleb/Coop DONE
Cinders - Oz DONE
ladolcevita - Barney DONE

I'm going to keep making them. If you don't like it or want me to switch something up let me know. I promise not to be upset or anything. This is a happy event and I want everyone to look foward to it, not dread the ugly icon they feel they need to wear.

I think I need to try another Oz, I had a very specific idea which I sort of did but I think I need to do a redhead Oz as well.

Also, I couldn't find a Screencap database for How I Met Your Mother and I didn't want to be evil and steal somebody else's base so I finally found that Barney on altavista but I really want to redo it and I would like to do a "Suit Up! The Scoobies are Coming" but I'm lost on where do get the images. The spots are sort of sparse on screencaps (I believe 9 were on the HIMYM spot) so if anybody knows links to databases for screencaps I will love you forever and ever.

Oopsie, almost forgot to mention. Ordered a Spike but you're liking Spuffy? Ask me for another one or take it. I'm not going to be anal about this. I can also edit it a bit so you don't have the same as another user.
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
Yay! Thanks for making these Katie. I'm not sure if I want to use Bloody Hell or just Spike :)
cool
I'm loving this icon, ArabellaElfie! Thanks so much for making it! That Caleb one rocks, too, so I hope someone uses it. It's too good to go to waste.
One more thing. They're only from Season 1, but I found some decent HIMYM screencaps here:

link

Click on the little, hard-to-find link next to where it says "Gallery" next to each episode. I'll keep looking, though.
Thanks Cat and Coop.

Cat, if you want anything more specific let me know, I'm not that creative at the moment so I'm a bit graspy.

Thank you Coop! Yay! I'm seeing some suiting up soon. Look at that alliteration!
big smile
Alliteration always allows anyone advantages!
Lookie what I found!

link

link

link

link

If nobody has picked up on this, link is amazing.
Cat mailed me about some Spike The Gift icons so I go onto a screencap place and thing that I've found a nice one to play with and I sort of got carried away. I think it's a touch overdone towards the end but I've started to share these as I make them so here we go

link

link

link

link
link
link

I'm not sure about this, I had to try something for a border because of sizing and that tool to make text arch? Not fun or really effective
link

I'm actually happy with this one, I think the text looks pretty
over a year ago Cinders said…
I told you I'd make it my icon. ;o)

Thanks, girl, you da beeeeestest.
big smile
Thanks Cinders!
over a year ago cecig said…
Hey, make me one with Buffy saying "I'm Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and you are?", with a front picture from the later season, 5, 6 or 7. Thanks. this photo:
link
Or this.
link
over a year ago vampirerose1718 said…
I was wondering if you could make me a Bangel one, if it isn't too much trouble.
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
I had a go at making some, they're nothing special though :P

link

link

link

link

link
Let's see, what's on the order form...

Cecig - The Buffy quotes, and I'm going to use the first image only becuase I don't want to use somebody's base and have them all made and grumply at me.

vampirerose1718 - Bangel one. I should do a few Angel ones after all

Claire, they aren't special. They are extraordinary. I was going to sort of try to quote Xander's speech from season seven but it's not flowing through my head at the moment. I love them. Everyone go, rate, and see the brilliance that is Claire!
over a year ago em_em said…
smile
Hiya guys these all look awesome!
Can I be cheeky and ask for an icon icon of my very own. I would take one from on here but I don't want to pinch one that someones already chosen and be wondering around fanpop with an icon twin, that would just confuse me too much, never mind anyone else LOL :D
I'm not too picky really, surprise me! :S
And I promise I'm making my way back to the Buffy spot, the essays are nearly done! Plus I think the SPN spot has had far too much of my attention lately LOL!
Well, I'm about to go and set up the nomination forum but I have these for you guys first.

link

link I think Cat might like this one

link

link VampRose, let me know if this is what you are looking for

link or more like this one

link

link Cecig, I played with the color a bit but it sort of works

link I think I might go in and change one font color on this.

Just so everybody know I make my icons in 5in by 5in so you can click on them to see them enlarged.
over a year ago em_em said…
I love my icon thank you, you amazing girl you!!!! :D
over a year ago vampirerose1718 said…
big smile
You are incredible!! Thank you. *bows down* *kisses floor in front of Arabella's feet* *gags because floor tastes disgusting* I love them both.
over a year ago cecig said…
Thanks for the icon
No problem guys. If anybody has a good place for early season icons let me know, I had to play around with the ones on Bangel because the quality wasn't the best.