Buffy the Vampire Slayer A Buffy Event Yet to be Named

ArabellaElfie posted on May 16, 2009 at 05:11AM
As I have returned to Sunnydale I want to do something. Something big and time consuming and rewarding. The kind of thing you talk about to the outside world and they think you are crazy. Here I am.

I mentioned it in the Buffy spot is dead thread (we're vamps, no need to flaunt our unliving status) and there is interest. Cat has agreed to become my co-vamp in this venture so here is the idea.

A Buffy Oscar/Emmy like event. Sort of Favorite Smackdown, Best Costuming (clothing), Best Makeup, Best Performance by a character in a dramatic moment, that sort of thing. Any and everything we can come up with that will be fun. I realize it's basically like picks but I was thinking we could have categories. Do a season one, season two.... sort of thing, then an overall one, maybe a lifetime award for something and maybe even a fan section if people want it.

Now, I have no idea what to do, what to call anything. This is just an idea so here is a forum to rant and suss this all out.

Oh, also, Cat and I are sort of hooked on the below vid and I'm even thinking of calling it the Peanuts (like Oscars) even though the Scoobies would be better. Just want to share the goodness that will be lost in the pop in a day or two.

Cat has linked the vid becuase Katie lacks the simple skills of copy/paste
last edited on May 16, 2009 at 05:37AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 20 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
Is the video above supposed to be the Peanuts video? Because it is not the Peanuts video...

This is :)
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
I think it's beddy bye time for me as I've lost te ability to copy/paste correctly.
Looks like it :)
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
I think this is a fun idea! Here's a few suggestions:

1: Use this thread (or start a new one, whichever seems less confusing) for people to post ideas for what the categories should be. Some possible categories might be: Best Fight, Best Demon, Best Kiss, Best Vampire...I'm sure everyone can come up with some good categories. Maybe you should set a predetermined time limit for how long the category process will last, but since this Spot is kind of slow any time limits should take that into consideration. you want the process to be open long enough to get a lot of people's input.

2: This might be difficult because there are so many Picks, but you might want to avoid categories that have already been posted as Picks. I'm sure you'll have to have some repeat Picks for important categories like Best Couple or Best Episode if you decide to do them, but you'll probably get more votes if the Picks are something people haven't already answered more than once.

3: Once the categories are sorted out, the category nomination process officially ends. Then this thread (or a different one) should be thrown open for people to make nominations WITHIN each category. That should go on for a certain amount of time until a good number of nominees is decided upon for each category. Most awards go with five nominees per category, so you might want to consider going with that number. Once you have the final nominees for each category, then you can make the Picks and it's up to the people. Maybe you should put a time limit on the Picks, so that all the numbers at the end are final.

4: After the votes are in, start a new Forum thread to officially post the results and "hand out" the awards. Maybe some of the regular members of this Spot could be "Presenters".

Lastly, my opinion is that it should be called "The Scoobies". that seems perfect. Maybe when you put up the Picks, you can put "The Scoobies" (or whatever name you decide on) at the start of the Pick question, so everyone knows what that Pick is about.

Hope some of these ideas are helpful. If not, just don't use them. No harm. If I have any more suggestions, I'll post them.

this sounds like fun and I'll be looking forward to it!
last edited over a year ago
Coop, secret agent man of brilliance, you are, by nature of your title, brilliant.
Ditto that brilliance :)
over a year ago Asvini said…
big smile
This sounds like a great idea.
Is it too early to suggest possible categories? I have three (lame) ideas:
Best dance, with things like Xander's snoopy dance, Anya and Dawn's money dance, the omwf dances etc
Best 'crazy' acting, with Dru, basement Spike, brainsucked Tara etc
Best costume, with mexican Giles, Bunny Anya, 'God' Oz etc

Oh and I'd never seen that peanuts video before, it's really funny :)
Looking forward to Buffy Oscars/Scoobies (Don't worry I'm not suggesting the following image as an actual part of them, it just looked funny, had to post, lol)
This sounds like a great idea. 
Is it too early to suggest possible categories? I have three (lame) i
over a year ago rose2 said…
First of all,I'm looking forward to this!!It's a wonderful idea!
Secondly,I totally agree with AgentCoop.
I don't have any ideas now,but I'm sure I'll come up with some!
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
big smile
Same here great ideas Kate & Cat love it. Totally agree with you both
Asvini, that is wonderful! I want to make this a huge event to try to draw attention back the fantabulousness that is the Buffy spot. I'm going to start a new forum for categories and then we can do nominations.

Also, anybody wants to make ANYTHING let me know. From award ideas (we can make different ones for each category), icons, anybody with a video making idea (this would be amazing if we could have vids that show the nominations), ANYTHING you can think of. This is a huge sort of spot thing.

I will be making a new icon for myself in the next few days promoting this, if anybody wants one just let me know and I'll do one for you (I'm off Thursday so I can probably have them all done then) using whatever character you want, seriously anything.

Ok, going to make the new thread as we have interest in this.

Who else is hyped for the Scoobies?
cool
Well thats great Katie that you got your computer back & running. I won't mind a icon if you don't mind it. I am glad for you & miss your wonderful work.
You got it Ariel! Spuffy centric I'm assuming?

Okay guys...I present the link
Yes also I wanna join the ceremony
I would adore an icon of my own if it wouldn't be too much trouble :) My Spikeums of course.
Sure, I guess I can retire my Coop icon for awhile to support the cause. I'll take something in a Caleb. Very cool of you to offer!

BTW, that Master award is awesome! :)
Ooh Coop I like the idea of Caleb :) I'm looking forward to see that one. My order is still Spike of course...
I'll begin working on them tomorrow, I think I have a feel for it now, sort of an idea. So, just so I'm right

Ariel - Spuffy
Cat - Spike
Coop - Caleb
Well, here were the sort of beginnings of ideas...

link

link

link
Love the Giles one, ArabellaElfie! I think I'll be using it until you finish the Caleb one! Nice work!
Thanks Coop!

Okay guys, just because I feel like I might get confused with linkage and whatnot I'm goint to 'close' this forum as far as category ideas and icon requests. Use this one for randomness relating to the event and use the Icon thread for icons and the category one for well, um, categories.

Email me for any and everything.