Buffy the Vampire Slayer How long have you been a fan?

ArabellaElfie posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 02:37PM
Hiya all!

I was speaking to link and she was going to perhaps do something with the new influx of active fans we have gathered here and I'm all about helping so here we go!

If you all would be so kind as to tell us;

* when you joined Fanpop (this is on your profile)

* approximately when you joined the Buffy spot

* are you active or a lurker (past lurker I assume, as a present lurker will not answer this, he or she will only lurk)/when you became active

I might add more when I hear back from Ariel but in addition to the new group of fantabulous Actives (lol, isn't that great how that works now) we now have I always like to include the Scooby Vets.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
* Joined Fanpop in February 2008 (to get Bones episodes actually)

* I'm fairly certain I joined right away, at the latest Mid-March of 2008

* I lurked for a about 2 months. Yup, I lurked. I remember thinking that I would be mocked or shunned or something else of the non-good variety because of my odd diction and overall stangeness. Then I realized we were all on the same Buffy Boat and thought what the hell! My first comment on the Buffy spot was made made in May 2008 and it was very short. Only one sentence! An you all know how much I like to babble. I actually started out with link and evolved to my present day rants.

I'm not a newbie to this spot - I think, but I'm not a staple.
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Thank you for creating this forum. To get little feedback on the new fans. Also great ideas from your forum. Again thank you for your help.
No problem.
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
* Joined in July, 2008.

*Joined right away. Might've been the first spot I joined (not positive though).

*Mostly at the beginning I made stupid, pointless picks, and made silly, one liner comments, such as 'lol' and 'yeah'. Yup, I was that lame. Or maybe some like 'spike is so cool' and 'love spuffy, they're the best'. Slowly I developed my own name on the spot, and now I roam the realm of the Buffy spot openly & happily!
over a year ago x-missmckena-x said…
Joined June 2007 for the Grey's Anatomy episodes

I think i got a Charmed medal before Buffy, i mainly first joined for all episodes and to be able to answer picks, then slowly started to add my own things (especially picks) and then came along the whole bangel vs spuffy so i decided to branch it out of the spot and make one of its own. Wow i've nearly been on here for two years!! It took me like a couple of months before i actually started to have a profile and join anything!
big smile
So many new faces who won't even share there information with us. However me I joined Buffy the Vampire Slayer right away, and joined Fanpop on February 2008. Been adding and uploading wallpapers, and picks on the spot. Also made a lot new friends on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. On the hand there other spots like Spuffy Spot/Bangel vs Spuffy/Bangel/and other great spot that many users have created.

I mean on Fanpop you explore other spots and join to chat with other users about your feelings. Also to give a little feedback on Katie I send that fan that I was talking about to her and she hasn't respond yet. Don't worry Katie I surely will give more information but this forum is helping thank you x-missmckena- and Spikes_girl for that.
over a year ago jemgrl323 said…
hey guys-
joined fanpop in october of 2008....joined BtVS spot the same day. i think it was the only spot i actually joined right away but then as i started finding time to go this site i joined other spots.
i usually just answer picks- sometimes ill read some articles. im more active in the buffy groups i belong to on other sites. but i love coming here and answering buffy picks and seeing people so in love and consumed with the show as i am. the only thing that turns me off a little is the spuffy vs bangel stuff....i think BtVS is one of the few shows out there that really goes way beyond the romantic couples on the show and i don't like degrading it to a simple "who did buffy love the most" discussion. but i do see plenty of other discussion in this spot- so thats really cool and what makes me like coming here.

i really only go on my buffy spots (and buffy related spots...i.e. sarah michelle gellar spot) and my one tree hill spots.....it's very infrequently that i go to any other spots i joined.
Just want to throw out a thanks and Snoopy dance to those who responded. To the lurkers...I promise not to bite unless you are English, blond, undead and sometimes wear leather. I swear.
over a year ago H2o_James said…
i actually was a fan since i saw the movie, i loved the movie and my mom said hey theres a show about it so i tried the show which was much better and ive been watching the entire series every month from then
over a year ago destuctogirl said…
Okay, so I just joined in April of 09. I started out with just the picks and checking out other stuff, but slowly and surely my need to voice my opinion took over and I have started to respond in forums and such.

I am a late comer to the Buffyverse. I started watching Buffy on DVD about 1 1/2 years ago, so way after it was already over. I had no reason to not watch it while on TV just to say I was busy in my wilder and younger days. I was hooked right away and proceeded to watch all seasons of Buffy and Angel within a month or so. I was very sleep deprived.

I enjoy the fanpop sites, I am on mostly Buffy related sites, but there are a few others. I look forward to discussing many buffy related issues with you all in the future.
over a year ago babybell said…
smile
- Joined Fanpop in November 'O7, but only answered one pick from then until like.. February '08, (actually i first made a name for myself on the Young Dracula spot... then the House and Huddy spots)
- I first watched Buffy on January 4th of this year. My dad bought it for me for Christmas, and i hadn;t watched it until that day and i preceeded to watch all the seasons flat out even in school time i went to bed at 4 in the morning after spending all night watching Buffy and woke up at 6.40 to watch another one before i had to leave. And skived off two days to watch it and the i actually got ill and spent the whole time re watching it. I joined this spot as soon as i started watching it.

I guess i am QUITE active, i have a medal but i don;t really comment all that much, only when i find time to come here or a though occurs to me or something... i guess i spent the last months since i re watched it for the second time being completely into House and Scrubs and other such things (true Blood, the Big Bang Theory, Reaper - and a whole lot more. I watch way to much American TV, which is ironic cause i'm British and watch like zero Tv here...) and that kinda took over so i guess i lurked a bit then. Now it's two weeks till the Summer i think i will be going on here more and more (time for my fourth or fifth re watch...) and because the Tv season has ended in all my shows 'cept True Blood.
Well, just started my new article called link and others like I created a forum to get more feedback on new fans that brought favorite Fanpop Spot to "come alive" on the spot calledlink Which would help our fanpoppers to welcome them to join us. I mean I got this attention from many new users coming on fanpop and adding me. To dicuss about there feelings about Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Fanpop it self. Its so interesting hearing their thoughts about the website and the show. Most the dicussion is about the relationship between Buffy/Spike or Buffy/Angel well. Thats were Bangel vs Spuffy come along
over a year ago Joker said…
Quite surprised to learn that I joined Fanpop in September 2007 so I must've been a member of the Buffy spot since then as it was the only reason I joined.

I used to get heavily involved in most debates and if you look back through old picks or forums you'll find many essays of mine!! Nowadays I generally lurk unless I'm at work (check) and bored (check) so feel like adding my tuppence.
over a year ago cecig said…
I joined Fanpop in november 2008 I think, because I wrote "wallpapers de Buffy, Angel y Spike" in Google, and it appeared Fanpop, and I joined me.