Buffy the Vampire Slayer New Buffy Fan

Lt_Core posted on Dec 10, 2008 at 10:37PM
A co-worker lent my wife and I Season 1 of Buffy in early September 2008. We're on the last DVD of Season 6 right now.

We are beyond obsessed with this fantastic show! I know we're late to the game and I'm not normally a fanboy but this show is truly amazing.

Can't wait to finish the series and start Angel next. No spoilers please :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Welcome! For spoiler's sake I might stay away until you finish season seven of Buffy, but once you finish up I'm sure I speak for all when I say welcome to the Scoobies!
over a year ago jackiehyde4eva said…
Welcome! yep i gotta say i agree with arabella around here theres spoilers a plenty :)
It's spoiler-palozza, especially in comments as we tend to rant. If you wind up needing episodes by the way and can't get them on disc or fast enough this site has it all;

www.surfthechannel.com
over a year ago Joker said…
You should've watched Angel alongside Buffy, doesn't matter so much come Season 7 / Season 4 but they compliment each other most of the time.
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
welcome! i agree with jackie and arabella, spoilers galore on here! believe me, i know. i learned much more than i wanted to on here cuz i joined before finishing the series :)
Aww, I'm sorry Spikes_girl (I need to make up a nickname for you, hmmmm, let me ponder), I didn't know and I'm sure a rant of mine might have given something away.

Love to know when you finish Core.
over a year ago Lt_Core said…
Finished Season 6 last Thursday. Five episodes into Season 7 :)

About downloading episodes through www.surfthechannel.com. Some are available to stream on Hulu but most require a UseNeXT download. What file formats are available for download? Thanks!
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Welcome on Board You Might get confused after you watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer and then on to Angel. Because after Season 3 in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Angel left Sunnydale to Los Angeles to do good.

Hoep You Don't Confused NEW BUFFY FAN :F
I know Angel left after Season 3 and that Buffy/Angel bounced back and forth between shows on certain episodes. All good :)

On disc 4, season 7...halfway through...season 7 is a lot better than season 6, IMHO. The humor is back and the stakes are higher (pardon the pun).
You'll be done soon! Then we can start to probe you on the many things that begin debates here - such as the question of shipping and soon you will get the cookie dough speech - I can't wait.

As far as surfthechannel.com I'm not sure if you can download them as much as just get the links (mainly to megavideo, tudou etc) and they all pretty much work. The only one that causes problems is Intervention (season 5) so I personally uploaded it onto megavideo without keywords (it's on a link here or you can find my megavideo account under ArabellaElfie - but you're past that eppy). For downloads you might have to torrent them but Amazon.com seems to put them on the golden box deal every few weeks. I usually link it if I find it in the links of this spot.
...and I'm done! What a great ending! My two favorite characters died (Spike and Anya) but all is good. I loved how Willow became a goddess and gave all potentials the Slayer ability. Fire away!
Yay!

*Snoopy dance of joy*

From your icon and your sentiments I believe we are going to have much in common. Glad you are a Spike and Anya fan. So, the million dollar question - Bangel vs. Spuffy, where do you lay your stake?
over a year ago Joker said…
Oh no...I can see this going off big-time.
You're completely right Joker. I think I shall wait and see where picks/comments put him. It's recruitment. We have flyers and pamplets and flowering onions for all.

We also keep cookie dough on hand if you feel like baking.

Looking foward to seeing you on picks Core.
I'm a fan of Spuffy just for the pure love/hate thing going on and great banter back & forth. I do like the undying/forbidden love of Bangel but it's just too sappy for me. Angel is moody while Spike is a very complex character with the good versus evil thing going on within him. My quick 2 cents...
*hides from Joker*

Yay!

*Runs*
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
hurrah!

*hands over basket of spicy buffalo wings and flowering onions*