Buffy the Vampire Slayer Buffy Rewatchathon Season 1

amazondebs posted on Jul 20, 2008 at 05:00AM
hello buffy fans

there's a link with all the information about the rewatchathon as well as link and so we're on the same page we're working on general link just so we're all on the same date really
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
so it is now the 21st in the UK so we better get this party started. Firstly we well be watching welcome to the hellmouth and the harvest which aired originally on tv as one episode, i thought it would be nice to share
link

and of course for those of you who don't have the dvds here are the episodes for the 20th july

link tudou version

link tudou version

link youku version

link youku version

so watch them have fun, refer back to the other forum for ideas and what not and i will see you all on monday 21st for the first discussion
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
okay here are the two episodes for 27th

link-tudou version

link-youku version

link-tudou version

link-youku version

don't forget discussion doesn't start till the 28th :D

-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--

okay on to our next two kiddies on the 3rd of august

link -tudou version

link -tudou version

link -youku version

discussion starts on the 4th :)
last edited on Aug 03, 2008 at 06:37PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 71 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 71

over a year ago amazondebs said…
oh a little sidenote of my own, check out darla's face in the first episode and compare it to how different the makeup is now....the changes is amazing
over a year ago jackiehyde4eva said…
yay its finally starting im so excited
over a year ago adwbuffy said…
Yeah, me to . I start to watch it. I mean I always for get that Xander had Crush on Buffy. It was so funny to watch. lol
i know you look on in later seasons its hard to believe its like not there at all
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Well, technically, it's Monday morning! (12:33am) and while I am tied up in the basment of Wolfram and Hart (known as my office at work) cleaning up for the arrivial of a Senior Partner (a big corporate head hancho)who descided to descend (she is from upstate...) while I will be on vacation (demon hunting) I shall be away from fanpop for a teeny tiny bit (vacation starts Friday!) so until I can do the rewatch in comfy nonwork calling time I shall just comment in the abstract. Also, figured this could used a bump.

Now on to an episode hightlight for me, personally. Anyone love the shoe comment from Cordy and Xander's issue with the math was the math part? Those (as I remember) are highlights. I do wish the Vampyr book popped up again though. It would have been a nice touch to have say Dawn pick in up in season seven to look up something and Giles taking it away and saying something along the lines that it's not so much a research book as an impressive-looking volume that he can't seem to part with. Either I want it to have some tidbit that is important or make it completely useless but I wish it had been brought up again.

Also, because I am a perverted Spuffy fan, the balcony scene with Giles just looks wrong.

Small little point that annoys me is Angel in this episode (no, I am not bashing or commenting on Bangel). Besides the clothing and his attitude which is off compared to where they took his character, how did he get into the crypt? There are two enterances, one is locked and leads to the lair which he did not emerge from and the other is in very bright sunlight. Also, I'm sure he is in the sun. I know Joss was going to write him off as a sort of one time arrival or kill him but I wish it had been explained.

Ok, I shall cease the complaining because I love Buffy and need to do the actual rewatch so I can fully and completely waste your time with my rants.
over a year ago tisha said…
Hmmm I'm guessing that maybe Angel went into the crypt while it was still dark and just waited until Buffy came?
over a year ago Jillywinkles said…
Ok, I'm going to write as I watch and see what happens...

Welcome to the Hellmouth:

- Lol, I totally forgot that cheesy announcer guy they used to have in the beginning. Haha, he's awesome. And later on, they completely drop the whole intro "In every generation" thing, don't they? That's sad, I like it :(. I don't like the "Previously, on Buffy" thing so much, it reminds me of soap operas. But I guess they had to.

- Hmm, I agree about Darla's make-up. She looks less, real, more like a...fantasy animal, or something. They made it more human later on, I think. I don't really have a preference though, it's all cool-looking.

- Whoa. Buffy's dream in the very beginning. Do they show clips from every episode coming up? I think I saw I Robot...You Jane, The Puppet Show, and some other ones as well. That's so cool! It reminds me of the tv show Lost. Only Joss totally beat them to it!

- Principal Flutie! I missed him!

- I love Buffy's hair in this season. It looks so natural, I love the color. I think it's my favorite out of all the seasons. Joyce's hair, on the other hand, gets way better in later seasons.

- Whoa. When Buffy walks into the library for the first time, she really reminded me of Jenny Calendar for some reason. Some combination of the hair, the make-up, the expression...Weird.

- Wow, Buffy's so snoddy to Giles when she first meets him! She's kinda pissy even! I mean, she's nicer to Prinicipal Flutie, for goodness sake. Poor Giles.

- Mmmm, now I'm coming to where she meets Angel for the first time. It immediately makes me think of an interview of Joss's I heard somewhere once, where he says how he always loved horror movies, but it always bothered him that the the blonde in the the dark alley would always get killed. So he wanted the blonde girl to fight back sometime. And now here's that scene!
Also, Angel is so yummy in these early episodes :)))))
Too bad he got fat in later seasons :(

- I love the Master, btw :D. He is one of my favorite big bads, hehe.

- Oh, and that has got to be the worst To Be Continued ever. What a rip off. ;)
last edited over a year ago
Whoops, I wrote a lot. It's 2:00 in the morning here, haha, so I'll watch the other one later. I really like this first episode in general though. Good beginning. Everyone and everything is introduced nicely.
i ike the first episode its really tried to rope my mum into watching buyt no such luck anyway does anyone like jesse not too sure if im a fan or not but i reckon had he stuck round i woulda liked him didnt joss say he was gonna be in the theme song but it was cut due to costs? also this my be petty or whatever but i notice these sorts of things on the theme song the writing is different less spookyish i like it later better
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
I finished watching the episodes. But after Welcome to the Hellmouth, and before The Harvest, I went and had a few drinks, so I'm going to bed. I did take a lot of notes on both (although I can't be sure how legible the notes from 'The Harvest' will be), so I'll be back tomorrow with all my stuff. I love that you referenced both the old intro and the Joss quote about the blond girl fighting back though Jilly.
over a year ago x-missmckena-x said…
ok so i got through to halfway through the harvest so ill start with the main things that bugges me!

A) darla: how difernt is the darla in this episode to the darla later on in season 1 or even n flashbacks shes like completly ditzy and doesnt even know what a slayer is yes ater on when you see flashbacks she is almost the complete opposite!!

B) davids voice: ok i really like his accent in these episodes where did that accent go he just looks and sounds best in this season!

C) the urhhs: you know all the noises buffy just has to make even when shes being pulled out of the tunnel in the harvest by xander of al people she just makes os many unnessecay noises!

D) the gates: why do we never see them gates again you now the ones she magically flies over (another thng we never see off her again)!

they were the main things i was like woah to ill come bac with more later probs!!
over a year ago SuperGirl said…
Okay, I’ve got some comments so I guess I’ll just list them:

1. I agree with adwbuffy and jackiehyde4eva, after watching the whole series, it seems so weird to think that Xander liked Buffy in the first season. And weren’t they initially meant to become a couple? That just seems even weirder, lol.

2. I agree with ArabellaElfie, Angel's personality is completely different to later on in the series, he just appears quite self-assured - is that the right word?*-) And I also love Buffy's hair in the second episode, as well as her sunglasses, they're so retro!:D

3. Did Giles seems extra stuffy/stuttering/British than he is later on in the series to anyone else? And that part with him & Buffy on the balcony in the Bronze was definitely wrong, lol.

4. It felt like whenever Joyce appeared, it was only to bring up the fact that Buffy got kicked out of her old school, lol, poor Buffy. By the way, was it just a coincidence that Buffy and her mum happened to move to the hellmouth? Or did I miss something?

5. Isn't it weird to think what it would have been like if Jesse hadn't been sired and he had become one of the "slayerettes"? Like all the storylines he could have had and stuff.

6. Also, I forgot about how I used to have to close my eyes every time that tarantula clip came up in the season 1 credits, lol, eugh they’re so creepy:|

By the way ArabellaElfie, I was really impressed that you knew that I was a Bangel fan in the other rewatchaton thread, lol.
they mention having a starbucks but why do we never see them going there or hear of them going there hmmmmmm
oo also have to say love the lil banter parts bewteen cordy xander (obviously)
Cordelia (to Buffy after finding her with Willow, Xander, and Jesse): I don’t mean to interrupt your downward mobility, but I just wanted to tell you that you won’t be meeting Coach Foster – the woman with the chest hair – because gym was cancelled due to the extreme dead guy in the locker.

Buffy: What?

Willow: What are you talking about?

Cordelia: Some guy was stuffed in Aura’s locker.

Buffy: Dead?

Cordelia: Totally dead. Way dead.

Xander: So not just a little dead, then?

Cordelia: Don't you have an elsewhere to be?

Jesse: Y'know, if you need a shoulder to cry on, or just to nibble on...

Buffy: How did he die?

Cordelia: I don't know.

Buffy: Well, were there any marks?

Cordelia: Morbid much! I didn't ask!

i think that is my favorite part of it all mainly because it seems to be one thing that stays the same throughout the first three seasons cody would come over to the scoobies insults them and have banter with xander love it!
K, now I'm watching The Harvest:

- Yeah, about Angel being in the crypt, I think he must have gone in the normal entrance in the nighttime, then waited for Buffy to come. Because he wouldn't be able to use the secret tunnel for the evil vamps. Also, yeah it was pretty sunny in there but he never stood in direct sunlight. So it JUST worked out, lol.

- Xander is SO obnoxious already. With his "oh I need to help out, I'm so useless, blah blah" ugh he really gets on my nerves. There are times when I really like him, but this isn't one of them.

- LOL I love after she kills Luke, and Angel goes, "She did it. I'll be damned." Ok funny irony, but then! he walks away and behind him it says on the wall, "Watch Your Step" Double irony? lol I think it's great.

Ha! done. I really love this episode, I don't know why I don't watch it more often. It's just so classic Buffy--so many good scenes.
Wow.. I have a lot of notes, sorry guys. Here goes-

It's funny watching a televison show from 1997. Compared to today, peoples' teeth were so much Yellower back then. It was before teeth bleaching was so common in Hollywood. Except Charisma, of course, who was always a bleacher.

It's also funny seeing SMG in the first 2-3 seasons, compared to the later seasons. Not to say that she was at ALL meaty, but compared to seasons 5-7, she was so much meatier. In the later seasons you can see her Adam's Apple sometimes.

But I do often hate the way SMG's nails are done in the early seasons, they just look weird.

Like a lot of you, I find the early version of Darla not quite as good. She seemed much more intimidated by The Master than the Darla we know and love. In fact, based on the later version of Darla, it would make sense that The Master would make her his vessel rather than Luke. Sure, she's not as strong, but she's much more cunning.

I also miss the old Intro. But it is weird watching the theme song without the gong at the end. Even though I love the season 1 credits, especially Cordelia's part. As more characters get added, the other characters credit sequences get shorter and shorter.

When Mr. Flutie was introduced, there was this long close-up on his wedding ring. It made me wonder about his wife. What ever became of her?

I'll move onto quotes for a while..

"Can I have you?"-Xander... very funny, but was it a little sexist? It just doesn't feel like a Xander line.

"Good to know you've seen the softer side of Sears." Classic!

And Buffy thinks that James Spader needs to call her? For some reason, he just doesn't seem like Buffy's type. Although, I guess he is a little Parker-ish.

"Hello, would you like a copy of The Watchtower?" -Buffy. That joke resonated a lot with me the first time I watched it. Every morning on the way to high school, this guy would try to give me and my friends a copy.

Angel certainly got a great entrance onto the show. He looked GOOD too. Back in high school, I had the hugest crush on him. But he has certainly grown as an actor since then. A lot of his lines were delivered in a very awkward manner. Such as, "They really don't like me dropping in."

OK, off quotes for a while. While watching Buffy's dream in the first episode, it made me think that they really could have utilized her "Slayer" dreams more than they did throughout the series. Oh well, at least they're doing so in the comics.

Another minor gripe would be the lack of times they reference Jesse throughout the show. He WAS one of Xander and Willow's best friends. Buffy before Buffy got there.

And speaking of Jess, he was a lot smarter than most new vamps are. But Cordelia certainly responded to the cockier, more confident, vamp version of Jesse.

Cordelia also mentions that she always wanted to live in LA.. a prelude of things to come?

So everyone was waiting for The Harvest so that The Old Ones (what the master is) would once again roam the earth? How many more "old ones" are there and why didn't we ever see anymore of them?

It's interesting that in the Buffy mythology, life on earth actually started with demons.

And, I like how we see the gang come together for the first time. Giles and Willow immediately bond over researching. Buffy tries to go it alone, and Xander follows her. Xander always wanted to be the savior, but couldn't. I guess that's what makes him "the heart". And he was certainly more brave than Angel. What a wuss he was back then, letting Buffy go off alone to face his former friends.

I have more, but I won't bore you all with them now, lol.
woaaa galg to see everyone's a talking i don't really have much to say so i'm going to reply to and comment and a few things other have brought up

oh and side comment if you type in "image season 1" or "photo season 1" in to the search you should get all the brillint promos for this season which were defo my fave with them all in the cave and by the lockers

-okay i think the vampyr book thing would have been fabulous just a random reference somewhere maybe in season 7 it had something on the uber vamps :D

now see about the balcony bit i don't get that...giles and buffy just don't have any chemistry joss also says on the commentry when they're talking in the hallway that he thought it was ina apprpriate but cause of the way they talk to one another i don't think it is at all, it woud be the right amout of between say... a mentor and a teenager...which i guess they are the demonic kind, oh and by the way if your a giles and buffy shipper.....just urgh! lol

oh oh oh i love angel in this episode, the paler make up, the crush velvet jacket!!!! which is very old school vampire, which i guess was a hint from joss, suits him so much more than the trench coast or leather coat...it was like his thing and i'm gutted that went away, personally i think he looks hottest there, also the voice i agree it had a lot more character to it, i was more inteterested in him back then

darla was also intended to die from that holy water wiloow throws on her, just another side note, i think all the mistakes made in this episode was because it was a test the waters sort of deal

i also love the cheesy voice dude, i even prefer him to giles doing it, i don't see why they needed the previously, they could of use one in season 2 but didn't, i always thought it would be funny if they had changed it for superstar (the johnatan hero AU one) and had him talking differently like "in every generation a hero is born, he alone will face the demons, the vampires, he is-----" cut off

buffy's dream at the begining of prohecy girl with all the flashes makes me think of the big flash run through of the episodes at the begining of the gift which was originally meant to be the last episode....coinsedence?

the blonde innocent looking girl fighting back defo is a major theme in buffy, right from the starts we have darla looking like the will be killed and wham, buffy if the alley, angel got a shock, right all the way to season 7 with that really innocent scared seeming eve with the first thing....i like it, blonde power!!! lol

jesse... i liked him but he was a very xanderish character and well we already have one of those, i like vampire jessy very sexy with cordy

i like xander in the first seasons and was well a bit of a wander? zillow? zanlow sounds cool anyways a bit of a xander and willow shipper in the begining, i think his buffy thing was cute in a ohhh he's going to get his heart crushed sort of way, buffy needs someone with a bit more of a back bone

i love he first two episode though they are very testing the waters but everything so fresh and much more colorful, also does everyone love the irony of cordy being impressed with buffy saying shes from L.A and then saying she'd love to live there?

anyways must go check other updates i appear to have babbled enough :D
wow nosemuffin doublepostness from babbling lol

okay erm firsly girls don't have adam's apples lol but yes buffy was more curvier but i think it was more fashionable to be a bit more curvier at the time and smg certainly has now gone wih the uber skinny fasion but i think it suits her either way she looks good both

speaking of nails does anyone else love that big jelly ring thing she has...so cool! also speaking of fasion why oh why does buffy wear the shorted things possible!!! shes meant to be 16, joyce shouldn't let her out of the house lol
Ok, actually women do have Adam's Apples, everyone does, you just can't usually see them. A woman's body fat percentage has to be exceptionally low to make it visible. My friend Megan, who I call "work-out queen" has a fairly visible one. I don't always notice SMG's, but it's fairly visible in season 6, especially during "Something to Sing About" in OMWF. I will agree that SMG does actually look good super thin. I was just pointing out the fact that her weight loss is pretty drastic as the seasons go on.

I also watched the commentary. It was interesting to note that the last scene of Angel from the 'The Harvest', where he speaks of his approval of Buffy's job, was added months after the original filming. Almost as if they knew where that was heading, and they didn't feel they had quite enough of him. Also, the fact that SMG had to reshoot her half of the scene with Giles was interesting. The one we see is actually the "Less angry Buffy" version.
a question you know giles in one of his first convis with buffy mentions all those things that are real and we all just thought were nightmares like suckubees, why do we neevr actually see half of them??
Haha, I was thinking about that too. We never do, which could have been interesting. But hey, there's always a chance... someday...
i think we do mkena

we see zombies (3x01), and were wolfs (duh oz), incubi (basically a male demon), succubi (female demon) so yeah pretty much all of them four lol
ok i watched the episodes and then i couldnt remember half the things i wanted to say so i rewatched and took notes

WELCOME TO THE HELLMOUTH

Darlas make up loooks so fake i remember watching this episode for the first time thinking the guys gonna be the vamp and it turns out to be darla and i was like whoa
also joyce looks really different so does giles i reckon the both look better as they get older
also another thing i noticed the stakes look really different like in the scene in the hall where buffy drops her stuff and xander goes you forgot your staake it look way different i ahted xanders chain that he wore round his neck i dont think it was very him you know that test of cordy that buffy took was cordy joking when she said you can skip the writen you think they actually get an essay? possibly my favourite bit of the episode is where they say
Buffy: dead?
Cordy: totally dead way dead
Xander: not just a little dead
so funny
also angel looked good but he really annoyed me i prefer him brooody not like he was all weird
oh ialso love the line "so you like to party with the students aint that kinda skanky" and "what is your childhood trauma"
when the master is rising from the red stuff (blood?) it looks really fake and i think the master looks different from when he occasionly comes back (the wish and as the first)
hey and when Xander willow and Jesse are in the cemetary why are there so many vamps around them that never happens it because of the harvest?
god when lyuke throws buffy against the corner of the grave that lokks really painful

THE HARVEST

dont they get rid of the gates at the school i never see them again
i think they made a mistake coz xander says to buffy i cant just sit at home and do nuthing but then he says besides it was either this or chem class.
they also mention garlic but they never use it later
and lastly when lukes feed for the master at harvest the masterlooks like he's having an orgasmy experience especially the first time
and you'd think seeing as jesse is one willow and xanders best friends they'd bring him up more but after those two episode zilch.i actaully like him i love his lines " unless you have a scary home" and"if you need a shoulder to cry on or just to nible on"

ok then sorry for rambling lol i love the first episode
wow i never knew thats what incubi and succubi were ok, they should have made that more clear!! and also jackiehyde4evea i was thinkin the same as you wiht the garlic well actually most of it but i didnt mention garlic so yeah, lol! but also she had hold bread in her chest thingi, how would she use it and why hasnt she!! hmmm
as to the whole galic thing i'm very certain we see buffy in her room lator and there's cloves of garlic....i'm so sure

also the master and luke thing did look very erotic, i think joss even says something about it on the commentary they're very big in to pain pleasure thing i think which you know, i like lol

i don't think they wanted to explain just make it sounds scary but smart
yerwhen angelus kills willows fish and they have the sleepoover think thats in passion
yes now that you mention is x-missmckena-x they never did the bread thing they shoulda i liked it
over a year ago jighooligan101 said…
yea i was also wondering why did willow and xander never mention Jesse again ot even in mourning.
My favourite thing though has to be bookish Willow I love Willow in the first 3 seasons.
Can some-one please link to episode 3?
Here's #3, The Witch:
link

And here's #4, Teacher's Pet:
link
yey next two im so excited!! :D
Another thing that I noticed in Seasons 1 & 2 is that they became darker. Buffy was having theses strange dreams that somehow changed her in the next season.

However, Xander and Angel had a crush on Buffy. Wierd, I know that Buffy has fallen in love with Angel first. Because she became a lot closer than Xander. I mean in the epsiode "The Pack", When Xander became a hyanni. He tried to rape Buffy. Unlike Buffy was being raped twice in the series Xander and Spike.

Also Cordelia was feeling a lot of jealously between Buffy and Angel. Like Cordelia was fallen for Angel in Seasons 1 a little bit and more of Season 2. I thought it was funny Cordelia was trying her best to get him and she didn't believe anybody that Angel was a vampire with a soul.
ok so i never really have alot to say but heres the points i thought id bring up!!

THE WITCH

ok i know it was such a cliche but why do they never a witch with a cauldran and a black cat etc again only that once if your gonna start off with thats what witches are like at least show that again i would have loved to have seen willow with her cauldran stiring her green goo

what i love is her being trapped in the trophey it is one of the best like mysterys that i would have like to have seen more of like maybe amy looked at it one day in season 3 and go hello mother that would have been great i mean i love oz's part but i would have liked for someone else to notice and say hey its catherine woah!! also what happens to that bloody trophey and her for that matter!!

TACHERS PET

hello angel was wearin a cross under his white vest when he gives buffy the leather coat, how!! i mean did they not think he can be a vamp until the episode of angel came around i can understand the first two epis but not the fourth one they should have had a clear character detail thing by then!

i actuall realy like this episode with the reacuuring dream for xander (him playin the guitar) the fact that innocent virgin teenage boys were the victims great to turn it around and not be a girl for once, you can tell he wanted to get the feminists on side!! lol! and cordy not suggesting that a teacher should be killed every week but it wouldnt be such a tragedy when it comes to weight, ha!!

what happens to those eggs, they leave you sorta on a cliffhanger well thinkin more about them and never use them again, what was the point!!

well thats all i can think off for now but kowing me the more you say the more ill rememember!!!
woa woa woa!

we need to keep on target or everyone will be at different points!

please don't dicuss the episodes until monday

fair point bringing up the cross though, i will watch out for that
ooooooooooo im sorry i thought ahhhh i got too excited!! sorry!!!
over a year ago Joker said…
I've got all the seasons on DVD so I've rewatched them over and over, I just do 1-7 then start again! Just managed to get my girlfriend to watch S1, she hasn't watched Buffy since she was 13 and she's now 21, and like I said to her, S1 is now quite dated and is more of a means to an end as it's necessary to get to know the characters in order to enjoy the pure brilliance that are S2 & S3. There are loads of little mistakes, would Angel really let Buffy go down to face the Master and rescue Jesse with a simple "good luck"!? Of course he wouldn't! So in my head, Angel's there in the sewers with her, fighting off Vamps that are chasing her whilst she and Xander escape...It also bugs me that Jesse's death is brushed over by both Xander and Willow, I realise that his character hadn't been developed so any over-long period of mourning would seem out of place but considering they just lost a close friend they both take it pretty well!
Couple of other things, the part where Buffy asks Xander to help her push the door to in the sewers REALLY bugs me. What possible help would Xander be when Buffy's got super-strength anyways? It just makes her look like a normal person.

Debs - There is garlic in Buffy's chest when she goes for supplies, along with the BTVS Holy Water (tm).

You will also notice that Buffy has no cross around her neck before Luke goes to bite her but does afterwards. Luke does not bear the symbol of the vessel once he gets to The Bronze and most obviously Boreanaz can't really act until mid-way through S2!!
yes joker i noticed the cross thing with luke and the vessel sign and yeah i agree that DB does get better in season 2
Ok get ready I can explain all of these mistakes ;) :

1. Would Angel let Buffy go there by herself? I think so. First off, he doesn't really know her yet. Second, he's been off by himself brooding for the past hundred years, not really doing much of anything or helping anybody. Also, he knows she's a slayer and can take care of herself. I think he would let her go.
2. I don't think Jesse's death is really brushed over. Xander and Willow were both really upset afterwards, it was pretty serious there for awhile. Also, it wasn't like a normal death--he still seemed alive as a vampire, and then when he finally got killed it was just a puff of dust, so it didn't seem real. Also, there's the shock factor that keeps people from grieving too much. Then, the reason I think they don't mention him in later episodes is that at this point, so early on, they needed to keep to the "Monster-of-the-week" format pretty much, no long extended storylines, because the viewer fanbase has to be established. Also, he wasn't essential to the storyline any longer, so I like to think that they talked about him between episodes ;).
3. The part with Buffy needing Xander's help to close the door, well I think she was using her superstrength and she almost closed it herself, she just needed that little extra push to do it. It's not like Xander was as strong as her or anything. Also, it's important because it shows how Buffy is different from slayers before her, because she needs her friends, which is a key theme.

Ok I guess I can't explain everything. The other flubs are just that, I guess. Angel's acting is a little bad...I wouldn't say mid-way of S2, though, I'd say end of S1.
Jillywinkles - It's established (in Becoming) that Angel saw Buffy called and fell in love with her as she walked down the steps leaving her school. She was the reason he went to Sunnydale in the first place, both for love and because it's his calling or destiny, according to Whistler anyways. So he did know her and I still don't think he would let her go into The Master's lair..especially as Angel himself knew The Master and exactly what he was capable of.

The reaction to Jesse's death is the kicking of a dustbin and the statement "I don't like vampires" from Xander and "Well at least you two are ok" from Willow...not what I'd call serious!!

You seem like me though, I try and have an excuse for any kind of mistake they make. : )
I think the epsiodes of "The Witch" & Teacher's Pet was about Xander taking his chance to ask Buffy to go out on date. But was being ignored and Xander noticed how Buffy was around with Angel.

Cordelia still as mean , Giles wants to be best Watcher for his slayer. I have noticed how Buffy's mother reacts about not understanding what Buffy does in her life.

Next Epsiodes are "Never Kill A Boy On Your First Date" & "The Pack"
good point joker......i guess we just have to put it down to growing pains

actually areil and mkena watch yours days the next two episodes are the the witch and teacher's pet and discussion for them should start tomorrow (monday US eastern time)
i've edited the first post too
well arn't you guys chatty today lol i was expecting a whole load of conversation......

wel i'm going to work soon so i don't have a whole load of time myself so i'll pretty much come rable later but for now

the witch-
yeah i agree about the witchy cauldren stuff mkena it was all very sabrina lol but maybe it just shows the generation difference between amy's mum and willow?
yeah i love the ox bit later on i think that was perfect how it was subtle but cool

the main thing i love about the witch is show how crazy girls get over popularity and cheerleading, it's a good message about more important stuff and all, also a good message about when parents try and live through their kids, in this case it was obviously more literal but still there's so many layers to this episode
did anyone else ship willow/xander at this point?
Well, debs to asnwer your question... The episodes of The Witch & Teacher's Pet was more about Xander trying his best to go on a date with Buffy.

I noticed that Angel wa this secret guy that Buffy happily love. She fallen in love with Angel in this season. Even though everytime they come to see each other they talk about Your In Danger. Well that's more Angel fault than Buffy. She wants to go out with Angel. Even though after Never Kill A Boy On First Date & The Pack that's when Buffy find some answers on the mysterious Angel. He's a vampire cursed by Gyspyies to have soul.

The Witch - Was about Buffy's mother wants to understand where Buffy coming from a teenager. The act of Buffy wants to a regular girl go out on dates and be a cheerleader..I feel for them both . It does seem that Buffy's mother is losing her daughter but she not she wants some answers.
debs did you notice the cross in teachers pet?
i didn't ask a question......

i ddon't think the main storyline is xander and buffy either that's a side thing
teachers pet sort of discuses me in a way as it just shows how teenage boys really do just think about their sex lives lol

yeah i did see the cross

can't believe there's not more convo :O

over a year ago jighooligan101 said…
never noticed the cross but i did think when watching episode 1 how did he get that chain without seeing it?
both were pretty decent episodes prefer the witch as its all bulding up to super willow:D
sorry debs i woulda written bout it sooner but ive been sick with fainting and stuff oh and to answer your question i wasnt a wilow/xander shipper
THE WITCH
i love how giles totally over reacts to the cheerleading " i make allowences for your youth but i expect a certain amount of responsibility instead you enslave your self to this .... cult?" " you dont like the colour" i love the giles/buffy banter its also really weird how you never see the cauldren stirring witches again and Xanders extremly school spirited lol "ooh stretchy" fantastic school support there and also the yours always braclet very obvious (i know its wrote that way but i always treat em like they're real)the combustion looks very painful
love giles's "well excuse me for seeing the glass half full" notion also the "slayerettes" is awesum and " i laugh in the face of danger then i hide till it goes away"
i dont get it, why if catherine is in amys body couldnt she get it to move properly i mean if shes as talented as they say she is wouldnt she be able to do that?this random but buffy eating bagels is cool i love bagels
cordys eyes looked so creppy why did they go like that suddenly? i mean i know she couldnt see before but they werent all glossy white another random the hydrochloric acid (i used that in science today)
how did amy/catherine get buffys braclet? i woulda liked to see that. the first time i saw this episode as soon as buff knocked the alarm overi knew sumthing was wrong
amys room is so creepy and god no matter how many timesi watch the witch everytime i see the black cat jump out of the chest/box thing it always makes me jump (my kitty looks like that)
i also think this episode has brilliant acting by SMG in in
TEACHERS PET
i love xanders imaginative dream with himslaying the vamps and guitar solo everytime i see it im like yeah right and when will is helping buffy in biology "BO?" (giggle)
one of my favourite parts is when that guy at the start (for the life of me i cant remember his name) being all like ive been laid 7 times and then he turns out to be a virgin HA
also i dont if my expectaion for come back lines is really low but i thought xanders retort "thats what they call a rehearsal" was brilliant
ms french doing a 180 with her neck in front of buffy was pretty careless
i love when they're fighting the shemantis and buff goes to play the bat sonar and its giles recording about filing was funny but most of all i love how its deals with insecurities(well this is how i saw it) about being virgins and their manlihood and even though im a spuffy shipper watching early flirtatious bangel had me going aw and giggling and lastly i really would liked ot what happened when the spwan hatched but it kinda left us hanging forever
ha ha ha ah yeah i love the begining where you can't see what he's calling a cult at first, that's still funny but the first times i saw it i was rolling around so much.....the whole cheerleading having a leader not letting anyone else in, for some letting it run your lives well it is cultish

hmmmm the body thing i think it would probs be to do with flexibility if the real amy was a bit larger and not with the exercise she wouldn't be as fit or as flexible plus....she doesn't belong in the body

yeah lol how did she not guess that, smell, i mean come on lol
yeah i hate the 180 bit, it's sooo badley done and why would she do that in class???

i wonder if them egg and that trophy were still there when the school got blown up?
hope your feeling better
oh i am feeling beter thanks