Bleach Anime The Past Lives of the Espada

Araku_Karakai posted on Dec 19, 2010 at 10:33PM
This was actually a dream I had but I thought it would make an interesting Fan fic or Fan Club.

I always have very strange and vivid dreams (or I'm good with details) that I have no control over. I had a really strange dream about the Espada and it is kind of long. Apparently before the Espada had become Hollows they had lived in the world of the living as humans, but none of them remember what their lives were like as humans. In the dream it showed the past lives as a human of each of the Espada. I don't remember most of them but I do remember two. First in his past life as a human, Yammy was a sumo wrestler, seems appropriate. But the one that stuck out the most was the past life of Ulquiorra and Harribel. The two of them had known each other as humans.

It starts like this: After Ulquiorra was defeated by Ichigo and they had left the battle field, the ashes of Ulquiorra reform, he was alive but in the weakened form of when he was a Hollow, but without his powers. He wonders why he still alive and says he wished that he had died. He travels through the desert of Hueco Mundo killing and devouring Hollows along the the way getting stronger until he regained his original form and powers. He then heads toward where Coyote Stark, Baraggan, and Tia Harribel are fighting. After Harribel is slashed by Aizen and she falls to her death. As she's falling, by coincidence Ulquiorra is in the city right below and Harribel falls right on him, but he caught her just in time, not wanting to lose any more friends, Ulquiorra now realizing that he now cares about the Espada who he sees as his friends. Harribel sees that it was Ulquiorra that caught her and is overjoyed to see him alive. This begins a flashback.

It starts by showing Ulquiorra as a little kid. He's in a river but he can't swim and he's drowning. Then someone comes and saves him, but Ulquiorra passes out. He wakes up and finds himself of the river bank, he gets up and goes home. Then the dream starts to show what his daily life was like. Ulquiorra's parents never seemed to cared about him or pay any attention to him and everyone was either afraid of him or hated him because he was different. At school everyone either bullied him or stayed away from him. One day he was sitting all alone under the jungle gym as he would always do at recess but then a girl appears hanging upside on the bars and scares Ulquiorra who didn't see her. That little girl is Tia Harribel as a child. She asks Ulquiorra why he's always sitting there alone. Ulquiorra responds that everyone hates him and that he believes all he every does is cause people pain because he is such a burden.

Harribel then tries to cheer him up, then Ulquiorra remembers the day when he almost drowned and remembers it was Harribel who saved him. He asked why she would sacrifice her life to save a stranger and she says that she had always known him, it's just that he never noticed her and that she had always felt bad for him. She tells him that she is bullied too, just like him but she is bullied because of the color of her hair, her's being yellow while must other people had black hair. Ulquiorra then says that he doesn't think that there's anything wrong with it and that he thinks it looks pretty. Harribel laughs and says that she thinks he's funny, and asks if he wants to be her friend, and Ulquiorra says yes.

Over the months they become great friends, and they also learn much about each other, Ulquoirra told Harribel that his favorite color is green and she tells him that her favorite sea creature is a shark. Harribel then gave him the nickname Uli, which she would call him instead of his full name. Also people didn't bully them anymore, all the girls who bullied Harribel because of her hair where afraid to come near her because of Ulquiorra and Harribel protected Ulquirra from the people who would bullied him, and I could have sworn that one of the bullies resembled a child version of Grimmjow. They also go through a bunch of other stuff, she was also the only person at school that knew when his birthday was. On his birthday she gave him a present. There were two heart shaped pendants, she gave him one while she kept the other. She said that as long as he kept it with him he would always have a heart.

But one day everything changed. Harribel told Ulquiorra that her parents were moving to another city, and her along with them. On the day she left they said farewell and started to cry. Ulquiorra said that without her he wouldn't have a heart, she then tells him to keep the heart pendant as a reminder of her. After she left everyday became worse and worse. To Ulquiorra it had felt like his heart had been ripped from his chest and he began telling himself that he no longer has a heart. Everday he became depressed, he began to sit alone again, and the pain increased. After he had grown up and left school he lived alone. As this was happening it was just as bad for Harribel. One day when she had grown up, she was taking a walk. She saw a group of men chasing a woman. She went to go save the woman and ended up in a dark ally. She gave the woman time to escape while the men cornered Harribel. They then fight but end up killing her. Harribel had sacrificed her life to save the innocent woman.

Ulquiorra then has a feeling one day that something terrible has happened to Harribel, and has a feeling that she is dead. It only worsens when Ulquiorra sees the story of her death in the newspaper. Ulquiorra then began to go insane as the days passed and would start to take walks at night. One day as he passed a bridge and he slipped off and fell into the river. He still didn't know how to swim and realized he was going to die. He started to sink seeing the light of the moon shining down into the water and reached up with his hand through the light but it was no use. He found himself in the same position as when he first meet Harribel and realized that she wouldn't be able to save him this time and as he reached the bottom his vision blurred and darkened and he died.

Harribel and Ulquiorra end up in Hueco Mundo and are Hollows, all memories of their past lives as humans are completely gone. You know the story of when Harribel was a Hollow and when she meet Aizen, but in the dream it shows how Ulquiorra meet Aizen. Ulquiorra wandered through the desert killing Hollows and becoming stronger until I think he became a Vasto Lorde class Hollow. He still had the heart pendant that Harribel had given him but he had no idea what it was or what it meant. Seeing that his Hollow hole is where his heart should be, he figures that the heart pendant probably symbolizes the heart that he doesn't have. He is then found lying on the ground by Aizen and Aizen offers him a position as the 4th Espada and he excepts.

Then it flashes back to the current time where Ulquiorra caught Harribel as she fell. After she realizes that Ulquiorra is alive and then she sees the heart shaped pendant that Ulquiorra has and Ulquiorra sees her's, all there memories as humans start coming back to them. Harribel then whispers the name she had always called him, Uli, and she starts crying. Ulquiorra realizes that they had been so close to each other as Espada but didn't know it. The two of them were finally reunited and Ulquiorra says that he had, had a heart, Harribel had given him one but when she left, she took it with her. But now he has it again. The two then decide to get away from the battle and Aizen, and hide in the Soul Society.

It was such a sad dream. They'd make such a cute couple. If I remember the past lives of the other Espada I'll post them. So what does everyone think of this?

Bleach Anime 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Animeanimal said…
wink
This is something I have thought over many times before. I think the past lives of the Espadas ,and Hollows in general, would be kind of complicated. Especially since one hollow devours hundreds of thousands of souls. But you are very interesting in you very long vivid dreams!
over a year ago randomfan13 said…
I have to say, I found this extremely interesting. I never really thought about their past lives before. If you have any more of these dreams, please post them here :)