Bleach Anime The soul society: is it evil?

Animeanimal posted on Oct 29, 2010 at 04:07PM
So I am watching Bleach and have only gotten to the Sixth season box set ( I dont keep up with the Japanese version) and I have been concockting a theory on what Aizen wants. This is just a theory mind you, but their is strong evidence supporting Aizen wanting all the souls to be freed of the, seemingly harmless, Soul Society. What do I mean by this, well think of the show on a religious basis. The first thing that troubles you should be that the hollows or the "bad souls" come out of the sky, while when the Soul Reapers Konso someone they dissappear into the ground. Now tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't heaven supposed to be the direction of up? And the "other place" down? The second thing on your mind should be that all throughout the show the theme of "Break the endless circle of eternal life" keeps showing itself. Doesn't the soul reapers have a never ending life in the Sereitei unless they are physically killed in battle? And what Happens to them then? They are reborn into the world of the living. With that thought on your mind, wouldn't there be some soul reaper out there that has lived a long time (and I am talking an eternity) who would want to end their never ending life? I believe the soul society to be intercepting the souls and preventing them from getting to heaven and that releasing the souls was what Rantou had on her mind when she created the bounts. Only, as fate would have it, It didnt turn out the way she wanted. Another thing that should be nagging at your thoughts is the characters of Youruichi, Isshin, Ryuuken, and Urahara. Why did they get kicked out of the soul society? For Urahara, at least, we have an answer. He created the hogokyu, the item that broke the boundaries between the Hollow realm and the Soul reapers. Was this an accident? Or was he looking for a way to shatter the barrier so the Soul society would no longer have the controll they have? The other thing that has been troubling me is whenever Youruichi, Isshin, or Ryuuken talks about Aizen they never use harsh language or talk badly about him. Unlike the soul reapers of the Serietei:
Toshiro-"I am sure it is all linked to that bastard Aizen some how."
Also wasnt it strange that in the letter that Momo recieved from Aizen, the one he blamed for his death was Toshiro? Now why do you think he would want Momo to kill the one that was most loyal to his duties and the head captain?

On top of that the fact that Ryuken "hates" Soul reapers and told Uryu not to be involved with them again and then he turns around and lights up a cigarrette while talkin to Isshin was striking to me. Its obvious to me that this little group of characters I mentioned all have their reasons to hate the soul society, but could it be for the same reason, The soul society is kidnapping souls, and they know it.
This brings me to the Quincies. What really happens to a soul that has been shot by a quincies' arrow? Is it really "destroyed into oblivion?" Or does the soul go directly to heaven? For this scenario I took the research all the way back to the words of Uryu's dear old granfather. "Release the arrow from your heart," is what he kept pressing on Uryu. Do you think that an arrow from the heart is capable of completley ridding the world of a human soul?
From this evidence I think, at least I will conclude, the soul society is indeed the enemy of the show. Now I must know what you think of this information.

Bleach Anime 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago jstar18 said…
That is an interesting theory but as you said, you are not that far into the series. I don't know what episodes the box series releases at a time but I'll assume you are at the part where Aizen has kidnapped Orihime. It would of been interesting if the story did take the path that you came up with, but I read the manga and nothing that happens in the future from where you are at points anywhere close to your theory. It would of been great if this was the story but its gonna get pretty dull once you get to the halfway point of the war between Aizen and Soul Society. Hope I didn't spoil anything cause its quite obvious that Aizen and Soul Society will have a war so I don't think that is saying to much.