Bates Motel - S.2 - Discussion

sherlocked88 posted on Feb 26, 2014 at 05:37PM
Let's discuss the 2nd season episodes here. I'm sure there'll be plenty of things to talk about. Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
last edited on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:40PM

Bates Motel 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sherlocked88 said…
Episode 1 - My thoughts.

I was so excited about the premiere episode! I liked it, though I felt it was a little bit slow at times, it wasn't as intense as the episodes turn out to be, but I guess that's just because we need to reconnect with all the characters after such a long time. I really liked Freddie's performance this episode. His obsession with Mrs.Watson's death is understandable, considering he killed her, though his mother doesn't know about that. Or maybe she does, and she just wants to protect her son from the horrible and painful truth. The relationship between Norman and his mother is something I missed when last season ended. Emma didn't get a lot of screentime this episode, a couple of scenes, so I don't really know what to say about her, other than she seems kind of stuck on Norman. Norma, amazing as always, she's just so funny and caring. She's really a complex character, I adore that. The big surprise of this first episode is Bradley Martin. She has really changed, she's not the same girl we saw last season. She has gone through a lot since her dad died, so it was understandable the way she felt and was trying to cope. What I didn't know was that she was really capable of killing someone, so you may guess that the way this episode ends was a surprise to me.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
I was pretty impressed with Bradley's seduction scene. Didn't really think she had it in her. (Thaaat's what she said. ;))

I never really connected with/understood Bradley. I won't miss her much. Hopefully, this means more Emma, now that she's (maybe) gone. I heard something about a love interest for Emma, so maybe she'll give up on Norman. Like you said, she's kind of stuck on him - but she deserves better. She should've beaten him with her oxygen tank at the dance. Ugh, teenagers.

Norma is definitely a complex character, but my feelings for her keep going back and forth between 'I almost like you' and 'wow, you're a creep. The close scenes with her and Norman make me uncomfortable - guess that means that Vera & Freddie are good at their jobs. =P
Yeah, definitely Emma should forget Norman and try to meet new people. I hope she has more scenes in the upcoming episodes because she isn't much in the first two.

As for 'Shadow of a Doubt', I need to say it has to be so hard for Norma to face the truth that maybe or most definitely his son killed Miss Watson. But she thinks he doesn't remember what he's done. Do you guys think Norman doesn't remember having kill the people he has killed? (his father, Miss Watson)

What I'm excited about for the next episode is the introduction of Norma's brother and how all of them will react at seeing/meeting him, especially Norma.
Have you seen the movie?

No, I don't think Norman remembers anything. It would be interesting to see him realize what he's done, though.

I was so excited about getting to see Norma's brother - and I was not disappointed. (The actor is the reason I'm here, I just started watching the show last week. I have a problem. =P) I was hoping what Norma said about him was a lie, but once I saw him and Dylan together... wow. Great casting choice!

The Uncle Daddy thing will probably cause some problems for Dylan. (Yikes.) Hope he doesn't do anything too stupid. How long do you think it will be before Norman kills Caleb? I don't really see him making it out of this season alive.

What do you think of Norman's new friend?
No, I haven't seen the film.

Yeah, I was anxious about meeting Norma's brother. After what happened between them, I was excited to see how Norma would react at seeing him once again. Did you suspect he was Dylan's father? I gotta admit that I did see that coming, so it didn't surprise me as it should. I don't know what will happen, but maybe it will be Norman the one to kill him, in order to protect Norma or something like that.
Ah. I just saw the movie recently. Didn't really like it, but it explains sooo much. It's like watching a different show after you know what's going on. (If you want to avoid spoilers for the show, do not watch the movie.)

Someone on tumblr said a while ago that maybe Caleb was Dylan's father, so I had been thinking about it for a while. Knew it had to be true when they met - even their hair is spiked the same way.
They are kind of similar, regarding their looks.
'Check-Out.' Ohhh shit. I think this is probably my favorite episode so far. What about you?

Poor Dylan. Doesn't his life already suck enough? At least things are looking up for Emma. I guess they can't have *everyone* miserable at the same time. =P

The Caleb vs Norman scene was... wow. Just wow. Not how I expected that to go at all. (Also shocking: Kenny Johnson survives three episodes!)

Looking forward to more Sheriff Romero vs. Dylan's douchebag boss. Mr. Bad-Dye-Job needs to go.
The episode was quite good, though I wouldn't say it's my favorite. I really feel for Dylan, it must be horrible the way he's feeling. To learn such a thing about his own origins, I mean, wow! His father is also his uncle, it must felt weird, horrible and completely out of place. About Emma, I agree with you. Things are going pretty well for her with Gunner, I'm glad for her. Hope he doesn't break her heart or anything like that. Caleb vs Norman was not what I expected either. I mean, I knew Norman would try to do something to him, but I didn't think he could get away without getting killed, it was a surprise for me.
Did Cody ever say what happened to her mother? I can't remember. >.> These two have to be related somehow. I thought maybe she was Zane's kid, but the end of 'Plunge' killed that theory. Or maybe I'm just over-thinking similarities now because of Dylan & Caleb. What do you think?
Did Cody ever say what happened to her mother?  I can't remember. >.>  These two have to be related s
I never thought about that possibility but now that you mention it, I guess they could be related. They got similar looks. I don't remember anything at all about her mother, either.