Barney & Robin Barney and Robin season 8

mellissastinson posted on Jun 01, 2012 at 01:12PM
Hey this is a place for you to discuss what you thin is in store for our favourite couple (BRotp, BRo, swarkles etc...) so if you have any theories, thoughts or views on their future or really anything you want to say about the most AWESOME couple ever then say it here I really want to know what you guys think cuz you usually come up with some great ideas and viewpoints, much love ;) xx

dedicated contributors
. mellissastinson (me)
. Albiee
. dreamer369
. alwaysforever
last edited on Jun 03, 2012 at 04:51PM

Barney & Robin 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Albiee said…
Nice Idea :) It looks like I'm first to reply, so I'll try not to babble on too much! Don't want to put people off! So, In Season 8, obviously, Barney & Quinn Are Gonna Break Up. Now As Most Seasons Have About 20 or so episodes, I think they will break up around episode 10. That would have been my thought, but it looks like Becki Newton {Quinn} has only 1/2 episodes left in her contract, unless she's renewed, which means the break up is earlier. I've also heard Robin is getting a new boyfriend.

I think Quinn & Barney Will Break up in about episode 2 but before they do, Robin gets a boyfriend. I think Barney will be heart broken that Quinn has left him and will turn to Robin. Robin will comfort him, and old feelings will come rushing back,but she'll try to hide them. While Barney drowns his sorrows,Robin tries to make it work with her boyfriend. In about episode 7-10, Robin will dump her boyfriend for Barney, as they still need time to be a couple before they get married! Then In about episode18 Barney will propose.

That Is my thoughts though. So much for not babbling on! :)
over a year ago mellissastinson said…
heart
Don't worry coming from a fellow babbler that wasn't that bad, I think that is a good theory, I think that Barney and Quinn may break up because of Robin, I honk that Quinn will find out about Barney and Robin's history because it hasn't been brought up yet and maybe Quinn asks Barney to pick between her and Robin and Barney will eventually choose robin.
Then Robin will get a new boyfriend (I'm thinking it could be crush guy) and then Robin will comfort Barney then, Robin her her boyfriend will break up because of Barney, then Barney will try to be there for Robin and they will then rekindle, date and then get engaged.
Also I read that the first episode starts where the finale ended, and then episode 2 will show them in September so I'm guessing that maybe Barney and Quinn are over and then Robin has a new boyfriend, things will be quite different between episode 1 and 2 cuz of the 4 month gap
(see told you I was a fellow babbler lol) but again good theory :) xx
over a year ago dreamer369 said…
heart
Wow! I love those theories!!! :)
I don't really have anything else to add, because I agree with both of the theories and I think that one of them might be what really happens! :)
I can't wait for the season 8 to start!!! I can't wait for them to get back together, get married and I can't wait for the Barney/Quinn breakup!!! I mean, it's not that I hate Quinn, cause I don't . I like her better than I liked Nora, but right now she is keeping Barney & Robin apart sooo...... Now she's the ENEMY!!! :P
I also can't wait to see who is the new Robin's boyfriend! I kinda have a feeling that it's the crush guy, because future Ted said that the story with him was still not over, so that's a possibility...
Anyway, I think that whatever way the producers of HIMYM will decide to bring Swarkles back together will be amazing and just super awesome!!! And to tell you the truth, as long as they ARE getting back together and getting married afterwards, I don't really care how it's going to happen!!! :P
SWARKLES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33333333333333333333333
over a year ago alwaysforever said…
I'm praying that crush guy will be Robin's new boyfriend since he was suppose to be her love interest in season 7 instead of Kevin but Fairly Legal being picked up ruined that... Anyway CC said that that end would not be left untied so it would make the most sense. I'm kinda thinking that Robin gets her new boyfriend in episode 1 or at least starts talking to him/interacting with him and then when we go forward 4 months they're full on dating. I think Barney and Quinn go to Hawaii in episode 1 and then episode 2 they're not extremely happy anymore, most likely because of the stress that comes from wedding planning, but I don't think they'll break up until later maybe episode 5 or 6 and I think Quinn definitely leaves Barney and he goes reeling in despair while Robin's happy so yet again the timing's off. That's as far as I've gotten though lol
heart
Yea or episode 1 isn't much different from the finale, Barney and Quinn are still together maybe they do go to Hawaii and something happens so when they comeback they are acting weird and it turns out that they had a huge fight and split, meanwhile Robin is a little bit upset about Barney and Quinn's engagement so she goes out where she runs into crush guy and starts talking to him, Ted and Victoria are running away together but then Victoria reveals that she didn't leave a note for Clause so he takes her back to the wedding and then Victoria sees Clause and realises she made a mistake and decides to get married to him leaving Ted alone again.
In episode 2 which will flash to 4 months later it will not have Quinn and she won't be mentioned and Barney will once again be secretly in love Robin again and Robin will be with crush guy. But whilst she is with crush guy he will pick up on the fact that she still has a thing for Barney and that Barney still has a thing for her and break up with her but in a nice way, things will ed well with them, Later on Robin goes and talks to Barney and they will rekindle their relationship this will be about episode 7, they will date and get engaged (I am still thinking about what will happen there) xx
heart
Has nothing to do with season 8 but I was watching himym (as I do) and I was watching Robin 101 (one of the best episodes) and there was a funny quote when it flashes back a bit and Barney is trying to sneek out and Robin says 'Barney this is not a 1night stand we're dating come back to bed'and then he flops onto the bed, it's just a really funny scene and I thought hey I wonder what quotes the others find funny so basically, what do you think is the funniest BRo quote or scene? :) xx
heart
Wow, well ok, but mine is going to be looooooooong :D Now I'm watching season 4, so those are mainly going to be from season 4.
So here it is! My favorite BRo quotes and scenes:

Robin: [on the phone] Hey there, sexy.
Barney: Hello, Aunt Kathy, what's up?
Robin: Oh, nothing. Just thinking about you, hot stuff.
Barney: An accident? Well, is Uncle Rudy gonna be okay.
Robin: Aunt Kathy has an itch that only you can scratch, big boy.
Barney: Oh, God! Why did he think he could build his own helicopter?
Robin: C'mon daddy, break me off a piece of that white chocolate.
Barney: Well, if he needs a transplant, he can have mine!

Barney: You're the most awesome person I've ever met. Well, second.
Robin: Right, first being you.
Barney: No, actually, it's this guy I know who lives in something called the mirror. What up?

Barney: Okay. Wait! [lifts up covers] Right-Click, Save As, Into the b-peg folder and Okay! This never happened. It's a good plan.
Robin: Now we go back to exactly the way things were before.
Barney: Okay.
Robin: [whispering] Okay.
Barney: All right... So Robin?
Robin: Yes Barney?
Barney: Guess who nailed the chick from Metro News One last night? [they high-five]

Barney: This is a low moment for the Barnacle. I should be off playing laser-tag right now but instead ... don't look at me, I'm hideous.
Robin: You just look like a regular guy.
Barney: Exactly, I'm a Ted! I'm wearing elastic waste fleece pants
Robin: And isn't it more comfy?
Barney: Yes.
Robin: Come on, you need to eat something.
Barney: Too weak...to hold...bowl.
Robin: Fine, I'll feed you.
Barney: :[in a baby voice] Ouchy in my mouth ... I don't want it. I want ice cream.
Robin: No, you're not having ice cream for dinner just because you're sick.
Barney: But my throat hurts.
Robin: No...
Barney: I HATE YOU!
Robin: Oh. [stands up to leave]
Barney: Don't leave me.

Lily: Barney, how can you be in love and still be sleeping with anything that moves?
Barney: I'm sorry I don't follow you. That's like saying, "how can an ant carry 20 times its body weight but Root Beer floats are still delicious?" Are the two even related?

Barney: Look, Lily, maybe your kindergarteners are upset that their friends are sleeping with each other, but not me.

Barney: Ted, I have to tell you the truth! I'm in love with [Sees Robin] Taaacos!

Ted: Look. This thing with me and Robin-- it's totally casual, I'm not gonna freak out if you tell me you have feelings for her. So, do you?
Barney: [unconvincingly] No! No! I don't! I don't! No! I don't! I don't! No!

And these two are not funny, but reeeeeeeeealy cute:

Barney: How will you feel when he sees you without all that any makeup on?
Robin: I don't have any makeup on right now.
Barney: Holy crap! You're beautiful!

Barney: [To busty waitress] I'm not a New York Yankee. Any other night, I would try to convince you that I was, but I'm not. I'm just a regular guy, who's in love with the woman who just walked out. And she's...never gonna feel the same way.

And those are just some of them! I have a looooooot of favorites :D
Sorry for the loooooooooong answer, but... Well... I did say it was going to be loooooooooooooooong :DDD xx
last edited over a year ago
big smile
Wow that's quite a few they are all good I especially love the phone conversation and the one where he is sick they are so funny, I love how even back when Robin was dating Ted se sill looked after Barney (until you know she spiked his tea lol) it's so sweet how she cares for him <3 plus it's super funny. And the phone conversation is so hilarious the way she is talking dirty to him and he doesn't even react.
I think a sweet bit is when Nora's dad says "when you meet the right person you know it you can't stop thinking about them their your best friend and your soulmate you can't wait to spend the rest of your life with them" and he's thinking about Robin and he loves her and it's all so cute, and them along comes Quinn the evil person who took Barney away from Robin but it's ok because BARNEY AND ROBIN GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!! Haha Quinn he chooses Robin, Robin Is his soulmate and not you >:P (I honestly do not know where that came from lol) point is I love the quotes you put down (I really do need to learn to get to my point faster) :) xx
heart
Wow! You can be really mean when you want to be, Melissa XD lol just kidding (btw it's fine, because I also think that Quinn is the ENEMY >:P XD)
I also LOVE all of those scenes! Sick Barney is SOOOOOOOO adorable!!! :)

Barney: :[in a baby voice] Ouchy in my mouth ... I don't want it. I want ice cream.
Robin: No, you're not having ice cream for dinner just because you're sick.
Barney: But my throat hurts.
Robin: No...
Barney: I HATE YOU!
Robin: Oh. [stands up to leave]
Barney: Don't leave me.

XDDDDDDDDD Sorry for posting it again, but I looove this part <333
Also, the phone conversation is also reeeeealy awesome!!!

Robin: Aunt Kathy has an itch that only you can scratch, big boy.
Barney: Oh, God! Why did he think he could build his own helicopter?
Robin: C'mon daddy, break me off a piece of that white chocolate.
Barney: Well, if he needs a transplant, he can have mine!

XDDDDDDDD Sorry for posting it again, but I looove this part too <333

I just LOVE Barney and Robin together!!! They are so much more fun than Barney & Nora, Robin & Ted, Barney & Quinn or Robin & Kevin was or ever will be!!!
I can't wait for Barney & Quinn to break up!!! I hate those two together!!!!! >:P
Oh! Great! Now I sound mean! XD
Ok... I'm gonna stop writting now! :DDD
last edited over a year ago
laugh
Lol ok I agree that they are a lot more fun and when barney and Quinn break up I hope that barney dumps Quinn and really meanly too (again I realise that's mean but oh well) but I think that Quinn will dump barney cuz maybe she finds out about barney and robins history and says that he has to choose between her and robin and he chooses robin and then he will realise that he will always love robin and or he will think that he has been given a chance to make things right with robin and that they should be together meanwhile robin is with her new bf and maybe he notices that she still loves barney and tells her to go back to him (cuz it does say in an interview that her season 8 bf somehow sends her back to barney) and barney and robin will reconcile but it will be different this time cuz they have both matured and grown so they won't screw it up (so much) and they willove in and get engaged (haven't got a detailed theory about the getting back together bit yet but as sonn as I think of one I will post here) and the wedding apparently doesn't go very smoothly sp maybe a ex shows up to tell them not to get married (this is a very obvious one do I doubt they will use it, it's also kind of over used so maybe not but you never know)
Oh I also noticed that wen ted went in to see robin that he mentioned that there were a lot of twists and turns so I'm guessing that things have already gone wrong (although he could just be talking about their relationship as a whole cuz that has definetly had some twists and turns lol bit of an understatement) but its nt going to be as simple as them just getting back together it's not going to be a swift journey but somehow they will make it down the isle

Not quite sure where all that came from some of that I think I may have already posted but you know lol so this is my ideas please tell me yours
. how do they get back together
. when do they get back together
. how much longer do we have to suffer with Quinn
. What is going to happen on the big day
. How does barney pop the question
. Is it barney who proposes
. Do they get back together on their own or do they have help
. Will lily interfere again
. Who is robin's new bf
. Will they just spontaneously get engaged or will they date again first
. How does Robin's new bf push robin back towards barney
(there are so many more questions I could ask but I think this is enough to get your brains working and plus I see that all I wrote is a bit pointless but I spent a lot of time on this so I am not gunna delete it lol)

Please read this and give me your ideas I really wanna know what you think especially how you think they get back together :)

Thanks for reading look foward to hearing your ideas :) xx