Barbie Movies Just for fun... Barbie movie sequel ideas?

MajorAbbey posted on Jul 01, 2009 at 07:32PM
This was obviously inspired by the "Which movie would you like to see a sequel to" pick. Has anyone got any ideas for a sequel for ANY of the movies?

Barbie Movies 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago faithinChrist said…
heart
I think that perhaps the Three Musketeers could be a good one. Did Corinne ever get married? If so, to Louis (hope not) or someone else? if she got married, did she have kids and continue to be a musketeer? What about the other three??? I think that would be an interesting movie. or maybe even thumbelina. I wouldn't necessarily want to see it, but I think it would be a good idea- when Makenna's older and everything. Or, I would like to see a Mariposa sequel- which looks actually possible. Personally, I want to see Willa marry Carlos! :)
over a year ago Lorinna said…
smile
I would like to see a continuation of the 12 dancing princesses. The mysterious return of Queen Isabella, the emergence of a new dance hall ... All of this dream ...
And of course the continuation Nutcracker. Although ... I doubt it.
prettyraks commented…
Yeah me too Lorinna about 12DP over a year ago
over a year ago MajorAbbey said…
I'd like to see a Mariposa sequel as well, and I'd absolutely love a Nutcracker sequel.
I would like to see a Nutcracker sequel too. I hate that they just seem to churn out new movies, completely forgetting the new ones when they don't seem "hip enough" or make as much $$$ anymore.
over a year ago beckstar said…
none. I love them as they are. MORE fairytopia ones though. I have a huge soft spot for sweet Elina :):D
I think another Fairytopia movie might be on the cards, Beckstar. No worries there. :)

FaithinChrist - I couldn't agree more. I think one of the reasons I want a Nutcracker sequel is because they barely acknowledge that movie anymore.
over a year ago AayBreeCia said…
I need Teresa play in return of Queen Isabella 55

and Rapunzel 2
sad
I couldn't agree more, MajorAbbey. They just forgot about the earlier ones for a long time, then they went back and stuck the new logo on them and started distributing them again. But they didn't even do that much with Nutcrakcer. :(
hmmm
I thought I saw it with Nutcracker once, but I just want to see it get more appreciation. I still feel this is one of their best movies.

That said, after seeing what their newer ones are, I dread to think what a Nutcracker sequel would be like.
over a year ago barbiegirl2435 said…
blush
Ok, how about another Fairytopia, but it's also a Mariposa sequel. Like Henna and Laverna team up, kidnap Elina and threaten to poison her and ALL of Fairytopia(including Flutterfield). So, Linden and the other apprentices, team up with Mariposa and her gang, to save Elina and they're home.
pinkydoll commented…
it's awesome.. over a year ago
That would be fantastic.
barbiegirl2345: that sounds wonderful.
But in a way, I would sort of prefer that they not make any more sequels. It'd be hard for die-hard fans of a certain movie to accept the sequel if it wasn't just right. And then they might throw in some things that would absolutely ruin the first movie.

On the other hand, a sequel might be Barbie's saving grace. It could be just the ticket to keeping many Barbie fans from throwing in the towel. That is, if Mattel did a really good job of it. Have to wait and see.
last edited over a year ago
Yeah, it really would depend if it was any good. I'm one of those die-hard fans, and I know I'd be really annoyed if they made a bad sequel (hence why I say I'd like a Nutcracker sequel if it's done right).
over a year ago Lorinna said…
big smile
I agree with two last comments. I'm one of die-hard fans too, and I couldn't survive modern sequel of Nutcracker-Abbey's Aftermath is better!
smile
If they made a Nutcracker sequel which was way too modernized, or too shallow, or ignored certain characters because they weren't cute or cool enough, I don't think I could describe how irritated I'd be.

Oh, and thanks, Lorinna! :)
Exactly. I just don't think they are going to be able to top those originals. Owen Hurley was a fantastic producer. But little girls these days just aren't attracted to good, wholesome, real and deep movies. They want the glitz, glamour, shallow shoppings-my-world kind of movies. I think a sequel would be a bad idea for the oldest ones, certainly. Maybe they could pull off some of the newer ones. But Mattel doesn't seem to care about film integrity...they put more effort into catching little girls' eyes and making money. :(
over a year ago manu962 said…
smile
Barbie in a mermaid tale. Is Merliah going to have boyfriend is her boyfriend a human or a merman ? i really like to see Barbie in a mermaid tale 2. And Nutcrecker 2 will be interesting.Clara is going to dream again about the nutcracker and what if the dream becomes true?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Roxelana said…
I would love to see a Barbie: A Fairy Secret 2! My idea is that Lilliana Roxell could have another appearance. She would ask Barbie and Raquelle how their adventures in Glossangeles went, not knowing that their memories were erased. Barbie and Raquelle would answer, confused, and from there, they would all begin to have the memories come back, until, one night, the part where Princess Graciella mentioned waking up and thinking it as all a dream comes back. They would pretend to Lillana, as if they still remembered, use her portal to get to Glossangeles, and discover it was all real. From there, they would find Carrie and Taylor, and be mad at them. But there is a new evil rising- a power that could destroy all of Glossangeles. Will forgiveness really let them fly?
over a year ago prettyraks said…
Hmm I would like a sequel of 3M AND 12DP! And any sequel is welcome if its idea is good and story is good.
over a year ago nmdis said…
I want sequel of PCS of course (with some new characters), 3M and Diamond Castle.
over a year ago Tiffannie34 said…
My idea was called Barbie and the Rainbows secret. Where Laverna and Hana create a portal and find Ari's. They team up to take over the world and Elina, Mariposa, and Merleaha have to work together to find out the truth to why Elina has the Rainbow in her eyes.
nmdis commented…
Nice idea over a year ago