Atheism A Helpful Atheism Spot Banner Change?

misanthrope86 posted on Feb 18, 2011 at 02:00AM
I dunno about y'all, but I am getting absolutely sick of people coming to this spot and telling us what terrible, stupid people we are and how everything we do is offensive to Jesus or Christians or magic beans or whatever.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can do about it. But I thought maybe a change in spot banner may actually go a little way to at least deter some of the haters.

Personally, I think a banner with link on it may be beneficial to the spot, as it offers people something to think about without being offensive. The current banner could be taken as offensive, so I'm told.

Changing the banner to something that has that quote is definitely a defensive move that we should not have to take, but it might make it easier for us to make our point when people come here to abuse us for our belief system.

It doesn't have to be that banner that I linked to, by the way. Just wanted to show you the quote.

Anyone have any thoughts about a banner change? Anyone have any thoughts on other ways to safe-guard this place from the people who want to yell at us?

Atheism 52 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...