Atheism Thank God There Is An Atheist Chat Room

misanthrope86 posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:30PM
Hi guys! This is a little chat room kind forum where we can talk about general Atheist issues, problems we may be facing as Atheists and also where new Atheist Fanpoppers can come to introduce themselves!

So chat away!

Atheism 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DragonsArt said…
Well, persistant Christians, let's start with that
over a year ago mooimafish17 said…
sad
Do you find it hard to talk about your beliefs/ non beliefs without getting your head chopped of at school?

I do and i hate it.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
^ Do you mean with your friends and other students at school? Or also around teachers?
over a year ago InvaderStorm said…
Yeah, it's very hard :(. You just gotta be proud of your beliefs :).
over a year ago caramelmilk said…
It is not hard for me at all. In fact I was surprised to notice that there are people on fanpop who do believe in god.
It probably depends on the country quite much too, but where I live I don't know a single person my age or younger who does think there is a god.
I went to a catholic private school and I can say that at least 98% of all the students did NOT believe in or care about any god.
So yeah, I am pretty surprised to meet people who do disagree with me being an atheist. It's totally new.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
^ Wow! Yeah, it definitely depends on the country and culture you live in. In NZ, in my experience, lots and lots of people believe in god, but not in the go-to-church-every-sunday kind of way. They believe, but do not necessarily do much about it. Atheism is still pretty stigmatised.
over a year ago darkkhorn19 said…
I moved to Texas, (A.K.A. Most close-minded place in the United States) and these people are just such assholes when it comes to rights, for example: Gay marriage is now a crime...A CRIME!
I swear, these people need a quick dose of reality, because these people are just TOO religious. I'm sure there are people here thaare actually intelligent enough to be more open-minded, but many of those steriotypes are true. :\
over a year ago mooimafish17 said…
I live in a very Greek Orthodox area of North London. London is so open and honest, but i where i live, atheism is unusual.