Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles Spot

Myf_1992 posted on Aug 23, 2009 at 11:33PM
I will shortly be making a spot dedicated to the vampire chronicles, but I need help with what kind of icon to use, what should the banner look like, what should the motto be, and of course the title should it be Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles or The Vampire Chronicles, I just don't know. I want it to be perfect, and any suggestions (and images) would be helpful and much appreciated =D

Anne Rice 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago bendaimmortal said…
I don't have suggestions for an icon or a banner now but whatever you do, please don't use Tom Cruise pictures for Lestat, please. if you decide to have Lestat appear in the graphics. :D

But I suggest you just start it now with whatever you can find that you like enough and then change the icon and banner and such later. It really doesn't matter what it looks like, the topic is what draws the fans. Or, at least it should be. See, there's tens here too and the graphics isn't anything special and the description says nothing special either.

I of course like to play around with the graphics, but the description. I suggest you leave the description to be very clear and simple. Like here. The sloagn and so on work well in the graphics... again like in my Lestat & Marius Spot, there's one in the banner and another in the icon.

Anyway... I think the title would be most dynamic as just The Vampire Chronicles. You can make clear in the title that it's about Anne Rice's that of. But is there even any other The Vampire Chronicles in exsistance?

As for the slogan or somethhing... You could quote somethign from the books or one of the characters... ultimately Lestat since he's like teh icon of the serie...or something...

Or if you don't want to quote anything, then perhaps coming up with something Twilight-mocking and generally pointing out the ricean vampires being remarkebly positively special. As in, them having a soul, loving humanity and still being the vampire monsters we know and love. I mean, now that I think of it, how many vampire fiction is actually doing that - at least in quality way... I mean, the basic point of the slogan could be that having a soul doesn't have to mean resisting the monster inside.
over a year ago Myf_1992 said…
smile
Thank you =D I'll probably go with a quote, while your other idea is really good, my mind is blank.
I found some good quotes can you tell me which is your favourite;

And what constitutes evil, real evil... Because if God does not exist, then life... every second of it... Is all we have. - Louis

We would make our heroes shallow, we would make them brittle. It is they who must remind of us the true meaning of strength - Raglan James

Pur evil has no real place. - Lestat

I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good! -Lestat

I'm Gentleman Death in silk and lace, come to put out the candles -Lestat

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago bendaimmortal said…
The first two options are good but they're too long for a slogan, in my opinion, it should be dynamic enough and those are not. "Less is more" as someone so well said.

My favorites...

1.) "I'm Gentleman Death in silk and lace, come to put out the candles." -Lestat

^^^^
I actually think that would be a perfect slogan for the purpose here. Dynamic but with a lot to say and above all, it shows the dark but beautiful atmosphere of the heart of the Chronicles and also the poetic writing style in practical level.

2.) "I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" -Lestat

^^^^
At least most Twilight fans would possibly run away crying "Oh NO! He's a bad boy and he enjoys it! Boohoo!!!11" Which is weird - wasn't it in teh good old times that girls went weak on the knees exactly over the bad boys that are bad with passion? There's an anti-Twilight fan art involving Lestat (Stuart Townsend version of him) that says "The Brat Prince of the kingdom of darkness. Eternity is to be enjoyed, right? But it doesn't mean you don't have a consicence. To listen to it... Ah, that's different!"

ANyways... That quote is very, very good option too. It captures and shows well one of the most significant parts of the serie's main vampire character.

"Pure evil has no real place." - Lestat

^^^^
AH; Lestat''s deep philosophy on evil. Who doesn't love it...? Not just taht line but it all in all... But I think this might ignore too much the way the books, the vampires, are not pure evil even if Lestat likes to think so. It is very true the vampire has no place in the world except as fictional characters, and Amel sure is anything but nice, but they're still not, in teh Chronicles case, pure evil. But who am I to argue Lestat de Lioncourt who is one of them and not only born yesterday but having lived over 200 years at the point he said that. I just can't see them pure evil, and that's that. :D

So, see my number 1 favorite again. That's what I vote for of those suggestions. (:
last edited over a year ago
big smile
I like that one too, its almost lyrical. it rolls off the tongue and as you said it captures perfectly the essance ofthe series and Lestat. I'm going for that. Well I'll go make the spot now.
big smile
I made the vampire chronicles spot! *dances round in a circle*

Join, i dare you!

link