Anime Looking for a new series

jefalaska posted on Dec 01, 2010 at 02:24AM
I'm looking for a new series or two to check out. I don't have a lot of free time, so I hate searching through random animes I know nothing about in hopes of stumbling on a jewel. I always feel disapointed and like I've wasted time I'll never get back when I start watching a series and it turns out boring. So I send this plea to fellow fans: Help me by making suggestions!

I like a series with a good story line. Plus it has to have a good balance of humor, drama, action and angst. Too much of one type bores me. Character development a must. Some of my favorites include InuYasha, Avatar: the Last Airbender, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Hikaru No Go, Pet Shop of Horrors, and xxxHolic.

If you have any suggestions please post the name here, along with a short description of what it's about (no spoilers please!) and why you think it's great!

Thanks so much in advance to all who respond!
~J.E.F.~

Anime 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago yadayada said…
sorry if you've already seen it, but it has the best mix of humor, drama, action and angst that I can tink of, if remember something better I'll post it aswell

Name: Fullmetal Alchemist

Short Description:
Several years ago, Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse attempted to bring their mother back from the dead using Alchamy, but they failed and paid a terribal price. They are now searching for the Philosopher's Stone, a powerful object which will allow them to recover their bodies

Why I Think It's Great:
It has a pretty good plot that gets more complicated as the series progresses so it didn't get boring for me, and since it came out when the manga its based off of was ending there's no filler so although it's fairly long, it doest feel slow and the main cast of chatracters are well thought out and develop over the series
over a year ago yadayada said…
Name: Death Note

Short Description:
A boy called Light discovers a mysterious notebook, called the "Death Note". The death note has many rules and instructions but the main one is; if you write someones name in the notebook they will die. L is a mysterious dedective trying to catch the owner of the death note

Why I Think It's Great:
Probably the most well thought out anime I've ever seen. It's all about the two main characters trying to outsmart and trick eachother. The humour is quite dark and there's plenty of angst and drama