Animated Movies Am I the only person who

LisaForde posted on Sep 14, 2009 at 03:59PM
misses all the old animated films like Thumbelina, Beauty and the beast, Aladdin, Tarzan etc. Now they have crap movies in 3d which irritate me . The only 3D film I like is Shrek or Shark Tale.

Also I love Enchanted which brought back alot of classic moments

Animated Movies 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kenzieiscool said…
I love both animations. I don't think it matters really if the movie is 3D or 2D, as long as it's a good movie. But I do love 2D animation, because I grew up with. 3D movies aren't all crap. It depends who makes it.

For example, John Lassater helped create the genre of 3D animation and directed Toy Story 1 & 2, Cars, & A Bug's Life. When he was made Creative Chief for Walt Disney Studios, he brought back 2D animation by hiring Clements & Musker back. And they gave us the film Princess and the Frog.

What happened is that Disney thought they'd sell out and believed that the only good films were 3D movies. After all, they were loosing ratings due to Dreamworks and Pixar. So how to fix it? Instead of making honest 2D films they dismantled their 2D animation department.

Mr. Lassater didn't like seeing Disney do this, and told them that it doesn't matter what the MEDIUM is, 2D or 3D, but the people who make it.

I loved Princess and the Frog and am excited for The Snow Queen.
My favorite animated movies happen to be 3D. Not because they were made 3D. It's because they're just damn good movies.
over a year ago AllegroGiocoso said…
big smile
No, you're not alone :) I feel the exact way that you do.
over a year ago Takuya said…
I like the handdrawn Animated movies the best but as you say some movie like Shrek works.
So no you are not alone!
over a year ago LisaForde said…
Thanks. All they have is stupid computer generated crap like Wall-e or whatever.
over a year ago gemma4scott said…
No. Me and hundreds of other true disney fans feel exactly the same as you !x i wish disney would pack their pish in n what they do now a days and get back to old disney like beauty and the beast little mermaid , lion king etc. other than high school musical , hanna montanna what the fuck is that shite all about???
last edited over a year ago
No. Me and hundreds of other true disney fans feel exactly the same as you !x i wish disney would pac
over a year ago Okami_Amaterasu said…
I feel the same, I miss the Disney films I watched when I was little and compared to now, its was the best years Disney have ever done in my eyes! I'm not a big fan of the new films, tbh, I don't like Pixar that much, I think I only like one film, THANKFULLY I don't have to watch the Disney Channel, that sounds awful with some of the stuff they put on. But, I do like Shrek and I'm sick of hearing 3D this, 3D that, I hate 3D!
over a year ago sugarcane15 said…
smile
I like all of that u said, but not a fan of Beauty & the beast
over a year ago Genius_626 said…
You are not alone!