Animals Animmal testing

BrunoMarsLover9 posted on Nov 27, 2011 at 03:21PM
Do you believe in animal testing? plz add ur answer!! I think it is 100% wrong, It shouldn't happen, animals get sick and die every day!!!!!They should find some other way 2 test, if they don't trust themselves, then they shou;dn't try it on some of our closest cuzins. they should get their act strait, and decide wat other options they have, maybe they can try it on a dandelion, or something... Get ur facts strait!!!!!!!There were some really mean comments under this video!!! It just shows that every1 has different opinions, I respect every1's opinion... I might not agree with ur opinion, but i will respect it... Thank u!

Animals 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago r-pattz said…
Oh Jesus. Your grammar is atrocious. It's no wonder your opinion is so poorly thought out; you can barely type in a way that is recognizable as English.

Now, I am against unnecessary animal testing, but I am completely for testing that is necessary. Things like beauty products fall into the first category, things like lifesaving drugs fall into the second. And before I get too into things, I'd just like you to realize that you would not be alive right now if not for animal testing. It's necessary for testing all medicines from flu shots to cancer treatments. Without medicines, even illnesses like the flu would be fatal on a regular basis. If you didn't die from it, your parents would have, or your grandparents, or your great-grandparents. If they died you wouldn't be here right now. But guess what? We have animal testing so you're alive. Say thank you.

Right, so, let's turn to your, er, argument.

"maybe they can try it on a dandelion, or something"
Um, they can't test on dandelions. The point of animal testing is that they have to test on beings that are similar to humans in terms of physiology. (That's why the similarity level of the animals being tested increases as trials move along.) Testing must be done on animals because plants wouldn't react the same way a person would to drugs. They're too different from us.

"animals get sick and die every day"
Well yeah, that's the point of testing. If we didn't test on animals, it would be humans getting sick and dying. And honestly, humans are more valuable than lab rats. A rat doesn't have the power to change the world drastically, does it? No, I didn't think so. Humans are higher beings, plain and simple. And plus, if these animals can save hundreds of thousands of people. Finding out how to work flu vaccines, for instance, has undeniably saved countless lives already. We would not be where we are without such meds.

Keep in mind that I'm not an advocate of animal cruelty. I should have said so earlier, but at least I didn't forget to add it in. I don't support animal cruelty, I support humane animal testing. There is a difference. If a facility does not provide the basic needs necessary for life (such as enough food, water, and shelter) then I would not support that specific company or whatever it is. I support testing as a more broad issue.
over a year ago Annitaki said…
I agree ^.It's true that animals in laboratories are deprived of their freedom and most of them die suffering ,but countless treatments and vaccines have been invented through this practice.Millions human lives have been saved.And honestly I prefer living or a relative or friend of me and any human instead of an animal even if it has to suffera lot too.I'm totally in favour of animal testing that saves human lives since there aren't any other more effective methods and I hope that all measures are taken for the animals to suffer the minimum.