André Rieu Andre Rieu Concert Melbourne Rod Laver Arena Melbourne Saturday October 31 2009

andremad posted on Nov 02, 2009 at 12:06AM
Hi everybody i only just discovered andre rieu,his orchestra and his amazing soloists and tenors. Least of all Mirusia and Gary Bennet(Platin Tenors)our very own home grown talents. I took my 16 yo daughter to the concert last Saturday night and it was mindblowing filled with fun, laughter and talent gslore. We had fantastic seats dead front 12 rows back our seats were awesome. Andre made his usual brilliant entrance with the himself and the orchestra dividing into two and coming up the aisles to enter the stage we were lucky enough to have aisle seats so we could even touch the orchestra and scream out welcome as they paraded past. Andre played his usual wonderful music and then he introduced the Platin Tenors making special mention of Australian Tenor Gary Bennet the crowd rose to their feet, applauded with all they had and screamed it was electrifying. Gary seemed genuinely shocked, proud and humbled as he bowed and held his hand to his mouth in a state of disbelief.Melbourne certainly gave him the warmest of welcomes and then they sang a variety of songs to thunderous applause and standing ovation. We do love the three of them but after they left Carmen Monacha came on stage and sang so beautifully as only she could including the Earth song accompanied by the Australian Girls and Boys Choir to a standing applause. Oh I should add Andre was not short of a few tales through out the evening including this anecdote about his health I thoutht oh no don't tell me he is sick I should have known better.

André Rieu No replies