What are your favorite parts you have played. I have 4:
Lucy in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"
Wendy in "Peter Pan"
Becky Thatcher in "Tom Sawyer"
Lydia in "Pride and Prejudice"

Acting 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago berly said…
I think my favorite was when I was in Oliver, I didn't have a really big part but it was really fun, I was in the 'um pa pa'' and 'who will buy' scenes.
over a year ago Cinders said…
I played Lucy in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" too, Temptasia!!!

I understudied Madame Thenardier in Les Miz, which was a lot of fun! I was also Madame Armfeldt in "A Little Night Music" and Peter (Petra) Stockman in "An Enemy of the People" (Playing the bad guy is SO MUCH FUN!).

But I think my favorite role was Busisiwe in "Tooth and Nail" which is a play about Apartheid. It was hard, because I was playing a black woman who had grown up in Apartheid South Africa and whose daughter now wanted revenge for her. It's also one of my favorite plays, and I think we did an amazing job putting it on. I loved it, it'll always be close to my heart.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago rach3000 said…
Janet from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. In some theaters, they play the movie and have people who act it out in front of the screen while interacting with the audience. That was by far one of the craziest roles I've had.
over a year ago meeee said…
I played child#2 when I was 4 in my school play!!!!
over a year ago BritKeyser said…
I've only been in three or four school plays, and I never got a role I wanted, but some of them were fun. My first play, I was sir ector, the adoptive father of king auther. That was fun, if you don't count wardrobe malfunctions that had nothing to do with clothes, (there wasn't enough boys) forgotten lines, and getting to carry a cane, but not getting to beat the one guy you can't stand with it. That was one of my top two.
My fav was when I got to be rudolph's dad. I was the one who had to pull santa, and i dropped him. Heh, (gulp), I killed santa.
over a year ago axlluver43 said…
well, i've been in many shows, but here's the ones I remember
Penny in Hairspray
Sandy in Greece
Lilli in Kiss Me Kate
Susan in Big

Note: None of these were Broadway!
over a year ago geekmeister34 said…
I've played:

Peter in Peter Pan
Katie in The Christmas Post
Several Classroom and church skits
And i'm currently playing Audience Member # in an original play written by my Social Studies teacher!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago mammamia100 said…
i'v only done two plays.there was one with my daycare where i had to put on a show for the little kids and i was elmo, if that counts. the other one i played Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray in my youth gruop!
over a year ago ravensilver said…
I played Yvette in Clue, and Fake Cyndi Lauper in The Wedding Singer.

I adore those parts.
over a year ago harold said…
The judge in Hedda Gabler
Octave in Scapin
Cowan in Love Songs & Coconuts
the lead in Brothers Bold

In answering this I realize that I've done a lot more theater, but I've enjoyed the film work more. I've also really enjoyed my voice-over work, but there's been so little of that, because I've slacked off just after I got started, and so most of the roles were for corporate training sessions that no one here would even have a chance of recognizing them.
over a year ago MrsNellieLovett said…
i've done 6 plays in middle school but my 2 favorite parts were being mrs crandall(a teacher) in welcome to the haunted house and mulans mother, fa li, in our spring musical, mulan jr.

these 2 parts were when i was in 8th grade.
over a year ago MadamOcta13 said…
I really liked being Miss Hannigan in "Annie" as well as Gabriella in "High School Musical".
over a year ago XDRoseLuvsHP said…
big smile
Linus in You're a Good man, Charlie Brown
Mae Peterson in Bye Bye Birdie
Dodger in Oliver!
Nick Bottom in A Midsummer Night's Dream
Woodstock in A Charlie Brown Christmas
...and more XD
Oh, and I loved being in Chicago. So. Much. Fun. XD

I'm currently doing the Stepmother in Cinderella. Funness!! XD
over a year ago dramarama said…
big smile
Lots of fun being Captain Hook in Peter Pan...gotta love the bad guy! Plus the sword fight was fun. Also enjoyed being the lion in The Wizrd of Oz. Oddly enough, my all time favorite was being Frick the hobgoblin in Hansel and Gretal. I was only in fifth grade at the time, but I had soooo much fun getting to be such an off-the-wall insane chracter. I'll never forget jumping around the stage like an animal in that crazy costume while painted yellow! So fun!
over a year ago iluvPrinceMJ213 said…
My favorite would have to be between being Winthrop in the Music man and Chicken Little in Chicken little I was captain hook in peter pan and I never really like it
over a year ago nagi-nade said…
laugh
I was nine and i played Marta in the Sound of Music. The only big role I've ever had, but I just love doing shows. I've done 9 so far and I hope to get to be in many more
over a year ago FunkeLover said…
meh
My favorite so far was baby bear in kindergaten! After that iv really hated every part iv had ! Iv only really been in school plays and they're all REALLY lame ! Like, TERRIBLE !!!!!1
over a year ago EllieSparkles said…
when i was violet in willy wonka
over a year ago glelsey said…
heart
@nagi-nade - I also played Marta in The Sound of Music! That was my very first principle role. :D

Oh, you lucky people that have been in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". Now that's a show I'm dying to be a part of but haven't had the chance yet!

Anyway, I've taken on an odd variety of roles now, and it's difficult to compare them because I've played so many characters that are very different from one another. The only character I have ever played more than once is Dick Whittington's cat, which I enjoyed both times.

I also loved playing Bridget in "A Chorus of Disapproval", which is the most evil character I have played so far! And I loved being one of Robin Hood's merry men a few years back (my character was a "female merry man" named Alana Dale).

But my absolute favourite role I've had so far is Ratty in "The Wind in the Willows", which is also the biggest role I've ever had (probably the biggest part I've ever even auditioned for). Playing animals is always fun, and the character himself is very well defined too. There was a lot of pressure because, when I was cast, I was actually unfamiliar with the story and franchise while a lot of the society were already hardcore fans. So I did some serious research and really made sure I played the character the way he should be played! Plus, we also had to each add in some animal mannerisms based on our respective species. It was a great show to be a part of, and I've become a fan of the story since.